2 Mar: SL: Hull FC v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/18 at 19:45

Reading some comments about Connor and his ability to get under opposition players skin, I thought his attitude galvanised Warrington into upping their game. He has talent but spends too time and effort on winding opposition players up. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Tomkins has been playing that game for years, and to the fans of every other club he is seen as a sh$thouse. Connor starts playing that game and all of a sudden it is a legitimate tactic.

You could cuut the irony with a knife.

I very nearly brought Tomkins into this debate but you have made the point perfectly!

17 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Reading some comments about Connor and his ability to get under opposition players skin, I thought his attitude galvanised Warrington into upping their game. He has talent but spends too time and effort on winding opposition players up. 

That was my point earlier mate.

59 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

At least 8 games for Watts after that.Absolute stupidity.I wonder what Lee Radford will say to him after that.Would like to be in the room when Radford confronts him.

I think maybe 3 or 4, maybe another one to cover the embarrassment.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Crowd at Hull was announced as 10k and a few hundred but it looked like around two thirds that to me.

You're forgetting the 4,000 queuing for tea and Bovril on the concourse.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Credit to any who went.  What a night.

Two Red cards aside, for Hull I thought Tuimavave was exceptional and deserving of his try, Manu battled hard and was missed when he was subbed, as were Taylor, Washbrook and Handley.  For Wire, IMO, Clark was sharp and 2nd half, BMM created momentum.  Fair enough result but practicing drop goals instead of taking a penalty kick?

Hull were taking the legs in the 1st half and putting Wire down.  That changed in the 2nd and with it came Wires comeback.  Hoping Hull can replicate that 1st half discipline though but need to get Shaul into space more.

Tuimavave is sheer class. Best player on the field by some distance for me last night. He was outstanding in defence and attack.

I enjoyed the game. It certainly held your attention in one way or another. I didn't think it was that cold inside the stadium either. I don't know what everyone's moaning about.  

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

12 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I think it depends on what comes naturally to players. If being a s***house comes naturally to him he won't have to spend much effort on it, even if he spends a lot of time doing it. If it's something he doesn't usually do then it'll put him off his game. So if Connor is like that every game, he can probably do it on top of his normal game without much negative effect to himself. If he drags someone into it i.e. Chris Hill who doesn't always do it, Hill will divert more mental effort to it. 

I think Connor niggling Hill gives Chris Hill an edge and aggression he lacks normally so as a Wire fan we could do with Connor in our dressing room just to wind hilly up. 

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Have to say, sitting in the Whalebone with two open fires pre match, it took rather a lot of will power to wander down the the KC.

When RoyBoy walked in the pub before the game he was dressed as though he'd just finished cleaning the external lens on the periscope of a Russian submarine based somewhere in the Arctic Circle.

Was that the moment you found the willpower to go to the game?

13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

He said on Radio Humberside the same thing, but before it he said "he's an Airedale lad and he'll probably get kicked off the estate got that pathetic attempt at a head butt," and followed it up with "if you're gonna do it, make sure it counts."

I think Watts was going for the squaring up of the heads, but went in a bit too hard and just looked daft. Too hard for a head-square, not hard enough to actually do anything but look stupid.

But let's not forget, the great Kevin Sinfield did the same!

Radders' sense of humour seemed to go completely over the heads of the Sky crew.

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

At least 8 games for Watts after that.Absolute stupidity.I wonder what Lee Radford will say to him after that.Would like to be in the room when Radford confronts him.

How many did Sinfield get when he did it out of interest?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

Tomkins has been playing that game for years, and to the fans of every other club he is seen as a sh$thouse. Connor starts playing that game and all of a sudden it is a legitimate tactic.

You could cuut the irony with a knife.

I've never heard many people clamouring for Tomkins to get sin binned for being a bit gobby to the opposition.

More so the locking limbs in the tackle, niggle, etc as well as the cheap shots. When Connor starts doing that, then I'll agree. But for now, he's just annoying the opposition. It's almost too easy at times and it's making the game very entertaining!

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It was throughout the game after the red. He kept arguing and arguing with the ref, even when asked to go back to his team. He was even carrying on saying things to the Hull players (probably Connor) whilst leaving the ref. He'd completely lost it.

He only got one bit of revenge... a big hit when he was 3rd or 4th man in, to which Connor got up laughing ?

oh you mean that pretend laugh thats trying to say yer didn't hurt me... but when it did... you know like the cane at school...when you wanted to cry but pretended it was nothing...

When I see that reaction I know it hurt....

Just now, redjonn said:

oh you mean that pretend laugh thats trying to say yer didn't hurt me... but when it did... you know like the cane at school...when you wanted to cry but pretended it was nothing...

When I see that reaction I know it hurt....

Yes, he was so hurt he played the entire game.

It was more the "Yes, I'm getting the reaction I wanted, he's trying to hit me hard and now I can reel him in further."

In fairness though, part of me does agree with ELBOWSEYE in that part of it upped Hill's game (although the sending off will have moreso). It's different doing it to a back like Brough (who needs more skill and tactics) which will put him off, whereas a forward like Hill could always do with being more aggressive! Maybe not the right target.

Interesting game from a neutrals POV , poor tackle by Patton , he had to go , as for Connor and Hilly , that was hilarious , they walked off at the end with arms round each others shoulders having a giggle 

The Watts thing was funny as well just a shame he didn't actually flatten Crosby who is a bit of a XXXXhouse 

2 games each for me , Patton for dangerous play and Watts for embarrassing RL 

11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Yes, he was so hurt he played the entire game.

It was more the "Yes, I'm getting the reaction I wanted, he's trying to hit me hard and now I can reel him in further."

In fairness though, part of me does agree with ELBOWSEYE in that part of it upped Hill's game (although the sending off will have moreso). It's different doing it to a back like Brough (who needs more skill and tactics) which will put him off, whereas a forward like Hill could always do with being more aggressive! Maybe not the right target.

nobody said he was put off his game.... just that his reaction suggested he was hurt, as distinct from being injured and hence out the game.

Connor looks a good player to have

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Interesting game from a neutrals POV , poor tackle by Patton , he had to go , as for Connor and Hilly , that was hilarious , they walked off at the end with arms round each others shoulders having a giggle 

The Watts thing was funny as well just a shame he didn't actually flatten Crosby who is a bit of a XXXXhouse 

2 games each for me , Patton for dangerous play and Watts for embarrassing RL 

2 games for Patton? Seriously? Faraimo was out cold before he hit the floor.

rldfsignature.jpg

15 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

I'm with Chuffer, not convinced it was malicious. Definitely a red though.

Same here, he got it very badly wrong but I don't believe for one moment that Patton has gone into that intending to knock Faraimo's head off. 

It was a shame for Faraimo. I thought he was playing very well.

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I think maybe 3 or 4, maybe another one to cover the embarrassment.

I think it will be 3 or 4.

"At least 8" seems a bit harsh for a bit of comedic macho posturing. 

19 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Ya but you are on the road...that fat boy would go right across that field in your picture no problem!....ever tried one?

Ever tried a fat boy?

Well there was one kid who always slowed us down on the way to the seaside.

I do not really see what Sinfields head butt has to do with the Watts situation.Sinfield has never had a record for foul play which was quite obviously taken into consideration.Now Watts,that is a totally different situation.By the way I am not a supporter of Leeds just an enthusiastic Rugby League supporter and head butting has no part to play on the field,the game is tough enough.

24 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Well there was one kid who always slowed us down on the way to the seaside.

Don't tell me that that kid was from Leigh and he grew up to be the owner of their team!

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

I do not really see what Sinfields head butt has to do with the Watts situation.Sinfield has never had a record for foul play which was quite obviously taken into consideration.Now Watts,that is a totally different situation.By the way I am not a supporter of Leeds just an enthusiastic Rugby League supporter and head butting has no part to play on the field,the game is tough enough.

Just in case you missed all the nonsense last year, just accept that Watts is misunderstood, and move on.

Archived