Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Toronto Friday 30th March 2018

marklaspalmas

Just a couple of years ago that would have seemed a slightly surreal looking thread title but here we all are in 2018.

BIG BIG game for Featherstone Rovers' season this one.

No major injuries AFAIK from Batley, but Lockwood took a blow. Hope he's ok.

Moore is available. Misi is available. Hopefully Hardo is over his illness.

I assume Thacks, Walts and Ulugia are still out.

Leeds might not be keen on any DR this weekend.

So my guess is same 19 minus Newby and Jack O plus Moore & Misi

Can't wait!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like you say a big game and hopefully a decent turnout by our fans.Whats the latest on Hock ? Id like to see him come off the bench and knock a few of their forwards about.Moore should be chomping at the bit to get involved.

Bought my train ticket northwards for this (and the Rochdale game) ages ago. Huge weekend for the Championship.

Did I read somebody somewhere impying that although Moore's eligible again he might be carrying an injury?
We might need him given Powell is reportedly thinking about recalling Clark for Easter weekend.

We'll need to be on our game, but we can beat these I feel.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Like you say a big game and hopefully a decent turnout by our fans.Whats the latest on Hock ? Id like to see him come off the bench and knock a few of their forwards about.Moore should be chomping at the bit to get involved.

Forgot all about Gaz. He'll be back in there I feel

Hey Guys will be making the trip over from Canada for the game and have a couple more questions.

• Is the game likely to sell out as i'm not sure if we should get tickets when we land in the UK or just wait and buy at the ground.
  • Is there a Store or a Vendor who will be selling Rovers gear at the ground so I can buy some souvenirs
  • Any tips for the Stadium and recommended food/Drinks

Thank a lot

1. The game wont sell out so you will be ok to make payment on the day if you so wish

You go to the cash desk first who will give you a ticket which you then use to get into the ground

2. Yes there is a club shop in the ground - when you enter the ground turn left and you will see it, quite a big shop where you can browse at your leisure

3. Food wise There is a larger burger van upon entrance to the ground, the pie hut is just up the steps, Drinks wise pre game theres a few pubs within walking distance of the ground. Last Orders is just over the road, if you wish to drink in the ground theres the clubhouse and a couple of bars dotted around the POR end (this is the standing area of the ground) There is also a small bar located under the family stand called the Blue Lagoon 

I didn't think we had much chance of getting Mitch Clark over the Easter period, but he's not in the Cas squad for their game on Thursday. Although in theory they might decide to withhold him from us on Friday given they have another game on Monday, I think Liam Watts will be eligible to make his debut for them then, so maybe we will get him after all.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ref on Friday is Marcus Griffiths who I don't think has ever reffed a game involving us, I only mention him because I have seen three separate comments in reports/forums saying he had a good game elsewhere this season which must be unheard of for a ref!

He's had some good reviews which is gobsmacking for a ref. The more experienced refs are unavailable because of the Easter schedule etc.

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ref on Friday is Marcus Griffiths who I don't think has ever reffed a game involving us, I only mention him because I have seen three separate comments in reports/forums saying he had a good game elsewhere this season which must be unheard of for a ref!

He was referee for Barrow and Sheffield Eagles game on Sunday. 

We'll know more when the squad is announced in a few hours, but article in YEP, which confirms Hock will return after being rested v Batley, states Thackeray "could return after injury".

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-top-leeds-rhinos-teen-harry-s-huge-potential-hailed-by-loan-club-boss-duffy-1-9084904

3 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Fot me ,keep Holmes at Fullback,Thacks at side of Riddy and Hock in with Lockwood out for this one.Missy in for Newman and Moore in ?? , good problem to have ?

Assuming hardo isn't fit/well.. I've just said same to suggy.

Hardo fit its one of newman (if available) thacks or misi for centre... dont think id throw newman in v toronto.... 

19 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Assuming hardo isn't fit/well.. I've just said same to suggy.

Hardo fit its one of newman (if available) thacks or misi for centre... dont think id throw newman in v toronto.... 

Isn’t Misi’s defence likely to be an issue against Toronto?. 

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, The Phantom Horseman said:

Some of his decision making wasn't the same for both sides i.e. sinned binned Brett Carter for a professional foul (holding down) but only penalised the Sheffield player for exactly the same offence when Barrow where on a straight; clear run to the line!

Archived