Match Thread - Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions Saturday May 19th 2018

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, lingard said:

full time please

Assuming we finish top 4 and have a similar budget to this year, how do we fund it? Think about good-quality Championship players such as Hardcastle, Farrell, Wildie, Cooper, Knowles etc.. .if we want them to go full time we are going to have to pay them all more to compensate for giving up their jobs, assuming they even want to do so.

And instead of being in pole position to recruit the best of the part-time players, we will be trying to recruit full time players in competition with all the other full time teams.

4 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

See Dewsbury have got a draw at Halifax which at least does us a favour.

I think the most significant thing about that score, rather than any impact on where we might finish compared to Fax, is that it shows they are in no great form and we should really be beating them next week.

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

I think the most significant thing about that score, rather than any impact on where we might finish compared to Fax, is that it shows they are in no great form and we should really be beating them next week.

I hope we do because over the last 5 years you can read my posts i have always been confident we could win at The Shay.This year i think Fax are due one.Our team lack something i can't put my finger on,  but i think it may be between the ears in some matches rather than fitness or ability.

1 hour ago, Rovers57 said:

We have to many like for like forwards who can't break a tackle.

Same argument as above though. Who is there to sign? Is there any other team that isn't Toronto, Leigh, Toulouse or London that does have tackle busting forwards? I doubt it. I'd say we probably have the best available within our means. I'm sure being the best part time team when there's 4 full time teams (I think London are?) is causing quite a headache for the men in charge!

21 hours ago, RobLambert said:

We were red hot to beat them 2 years ago though Rob and the rest is history. Whatever form Fax are in they save their best for us.Though they haven't beat us since 2009 on their own ground. We need to get back on the horse for this one.

2 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

We were red hot to beat them 2 years ago though Rob and the rest is history. Whatever form Fax are in they save their best for us.Though they haven't beat us since 2009 on their own ground. We need to get back on the horse for this one.

Oh yes I'm not making any predictions.  Just that we should be beating them. Plus, as you say,  Fax do seem to raise their game against us - at neutral grounds in particular.  I don't think they pose as much of a threat with the ball this year but if I was a betting man I would have a few quid on QLT scoring - at least one........

The last two games have been against the toughest opposition we have ever come up against in years.Look how Hull dispatched KR and I fancy Leigh to beat Toronto on Saturday as I think once Toronto start struggling against them penalties will start to flow and in both games we didn’t play bad and on the day them two were better . We are talking a drop in class against Fax but on their day they are dangerous.We have enough talent in the squad to win this one .

Archived