Town@Training?

troutmaster

3 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

The way I see it is that Barry tries to give us an insight into something happening at the club that otherwise we wouldn't have a clue about. So to easily pleased types, like myself, it's much better than having nothing to read about events at DP.

And yes counting the players is fine, and useful. I recall when my mate Ben Pen was coach, back in the day, and he had only 7 players to deal with, scary stuff - so nowadays, and hopefully long term, we have much more in attendance at training. 

Thanks mate,I agree with the counting of players.I remember sitting round the back field being introduced to Ray ashton who i thought was a cracking player/coach,I was sat down on a tackle bag when he came round and i had to tell him the players who were in attendence which was 7,that is when Ray decided to fill a minbus full of players from his neck of the woods,and yes just like yourself shows how long we have supported our club,and i was present also outside the meeting when our club went into Administration with my good friend Charlie watson and when the meeting was over phil McKenzie came down the steps laughing,i said to him what the f+ck you laughing for,its players like you thats caused this once great club to have to suffer the humiliation of going this way.Great&Sad memories but we still plough on and hopefully get to see the good times again..

The Squad

Bergal, Blagborough, Curwen, Dawson, Doran, Forber, Hambley, K.Maudling, Miller, , Moore, Newton, Olstrum, J.Patrick, Penkywicz, Rooke, Scholey, Singleton, Wilkes, Moimoi.

Ilias Bergal is a (Leigh)French rugby league player. He previously played for the Swinton Lions. He plays as a winger.

39 minutes ago, Supporter said:

The Squad

Bergal, Blagborough, Curwen, Dawson, Doran, Forber, Hambley, K.Maudling, Miller, , Moore, Newton, Olstrum, J.Patrick, Penkywicz, Rooke, Scholey, Singleton, Wilkes, Moimoi.

Ilias Bergal is a (Leigh)French rugby league player. He previously played for the Swinton Lions. He plays as a winger.

Played against England and Australia in the WC

1 hour ago, Oneday said:

Forrester injured, rested or unavailable?

May be actually in the squad. The squad named by the coach includes him, the squad announced via the match preview page replaces him with Bergal. Sunday obviously will tell!

49 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Duff info there pal . I’ve spend five minutes looking at his YouTube clips !

Sorry David, my information came from the Town Website banner headline reference the game match preview and names both the Town squad and our visitors squad. It is still printed as I write and includes Bergal.

Bergal is actually named this weekend in the Leigh squad,

Assuming Town submit the information for the site, perhaps WTRLFC WEBSITE can explain the reason why Forrester is excluded on this one and the French player included? 

Please note, I for one am delighted that Forrester is in the team as he has been a standout player this season.

Keep these training reports coming Trouty - you say it as it is, so what if its not all sunshine - thats what goes with supporting a RL club. There seems to be a negative story that I'm not aware of, but it happens (several times during a season to every club). Next report will be upbeat (the previous one goes to the memory bank) and all is well. Cheers

57 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Ilias Bergal was a late withdrawal and Leon has amended the squad accordingly and the website news item is the correct squad.

Looking forward to a good day of sport and a busy pre-match bar. 

Enjoy your weekend Townies. 

Utt

#ourtown

Thanks for the prompt clarification.

2 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

Part of the crowd watching pre-season training - Peter Walsh era. See anyone you know Barry ??IMG_0273.thumb.JPG.0653ccf7d07404f538c9ce3efd101d8a.JPG

1996,just got back from Vancouver for a month.Its me in the bluish adidas top.Thanks for the memorys mate..

5 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

1996,just got back from Vancouver for a month.Its me in the bluish adidas top.Thanks for the memorys mate..

PS.No grey hair then,sorry to say that has now changed colour to grey..

If i didn't no better i would swear you were related to Seaton Sandy, but you cannot be that bad..I have not got a problem with Davo5 but you seem to have a problem with everyone on the forum..Grow up please..

Archived