Town@Training?

troutmaster

A cool Derwent park for the lads at training tonight,I was waiting for the boys to come out of the tunnel expecting the usual banter that occurs before they settle down to the real stuff.I am still waiting, but it never came,there was a lull about the place tonight,i do not know what it was,well i do know to be honest but i honestly cannot reveal it on the forum,anyway,back to the lads,at training on tuesday there was 11 players on the field and 4 dealing with their injuries tonight we had 16 to 18 but no travellers only Blackburgh who, had caused a bit of panic with Les&Steven about the balls that were missing,well apparently the young kid was at the schools and had taken the balls with him,anyway,balls on the field,lads training,and our coach shouting out his normal wordings on what he wanted them to do(getting a bit monotonous now).I left a bit earlier tonight through being bored,and on a personel thought i think the lads were bored has well.I hope things improve at training on Saturday,and i think it will has at least the travellers do lighten up the changing room when they arrive.Well thats all for tonight people,I hope to see you all at DP on Sunday v Hemel Hempstead and looking for a convincing win..UTT..

11 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

,there was a lull about the place tonight,i do not know what it was,well i do know to be honest but i honestly cannot reveal it on the forum,

Well that's not ominous at all..... 

What do you hope to prove with these missives Barry? You are privy to confidential information by being there at training and I’m not sure your ‘I do know but I’m not telling’ adds.  I’m sure the BOD and the players would prefer you not to spoil your welcome by giving your opinion and trying to put a downer on things with what is just  a subjective assessment. Those lads are busting a gut to keep things positive down at the club and you abusing your position  is surely unhelpful. You’re on an open forum that the opposing team probably have a look at . What do you aim to get from such a negative post? Genuine question as already we have the ‘that’s ominous reply’

I realise that my post is a downer but this is not anyway towards the club or the players.What i have heard, or have been told, has put me, myself in a negative mood which reflects in my post.I am sorry to have to have ever written tonights training post but, if you had sensed the feelings i was getting from the training you would have had exactly the same demeanour has me..I am sure you will all find out what i was reffering to when i made the statement"I do know,but cannot tell on the forum"and then you might understand what i was meaning.I only used my position has being one of you,a town supporter of over 55 years and do deeply apologise to all of our town and forum members for tonights dismal report and have now  decided to stay at home and give training a miss,and, from now which will be a huge blow to myself .I always try to be positive and constructive in all my posts but enough is enough and its time to call time on my weekly training venture, but i will always be a town fan no matter what..Thankyou..UTT...

7 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I realise that my post is a downer but this is not anyway towards the club or the players.What i have heard, or have been told, has put me, myself in a negative mood which reflects in my post.I am sorry to have to have ever written tonights training post but, if you had sensed the feelings i was getting from the training you would have had exactly the same demeanour has me..I am sure you will all find out what i was reffering to when i made the statement"I do know,but cannot tell on the forum"and then you might understand what i was meaning.I only used my position has being one of you,a town supporter of over 55 years and do deeply apologise to all of our town and forum members for tonights dismal report and have now  decided to stay at home and give training a miss,and, from now which will be a huge blow to myself .I always try to be positive and constructive in all my posts but enough is enough and its time to call time on my weekly training venture, but i will always be a town fan no matter what..Thankyou..UTT...

Not everyone’s on a downer over your post Mara, I for one will miss your posts on training, anyway I’m sure it’s not that bad I’m sure the kids will bring the balls back if asked ?

8 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Barry please keep up the reports, not everyone on here only wants to hear want they want to hear, it's obvious that something is amiss and as a supporter you have tried to inform us as such without giving to much away, we moan when we don't get any information and now when we do , some individuals feel if its not positive there is a motive behind it.

16 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Barry please keep up the reports, not everyone on here only wants to hear want they want to hear, it's obvious that something is amiss and as a supporter you have tried to inform us as such without giving to much away, we moan when we don't get any information and now when we do , some individuals feel if its not positive there is a motive behind it.

Well said snoopdog.

And Barry you are/were providing some info that I look forward to.

Ok so the usual 'keyboard snipers' have hit you and it probably hurts. 

I worked at DP, as you know Baz, and boy did I spit my dummy at times- but never far enough to hit terra firma. I always caught it and shook off the blues to carry on almost regardless - and hopefully when the dust settles on your issues you can do the same.

To the aforementioned 'snipers' I know you will hide behind the open forum shield as usual, but come on just read and enjoy certain inputs like Barrys'......UTT.

I do enjoy them I’m just not sure that calling the coaching monotonous and you were bored reflects well on what you’re trying to do for the forum.  Training is monotonous sometimes in any sport. And do you really think counting the players at training is helpful given that this is an open forum? Not sniping just wondering what the point is . 

6 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

I do enjoy them I’m just not sure that calling the coaching monotonous and you were bored reflects well on what you’re trying to do for the forum.  Training is monotonous sometimes in any sport. And do you really think counting the players at training is helpful given that this is an open forum? Not sniping just wondering what the point is . 

The way I see it is that Barry tries to give us an insight into something happening at the club that otherwise we wouldn't have a clue about. So to easily pleased types, like myself, it's much better than having nothing to read about events at DP.

And yes counting the players is fine, and useful. I recall when my mate Ben Pen was coach, back in the day, and he had only 7 players to deal with, scary stuff - so nowadays, and hopefully long term, we have much more in attendance at training. 

Keep doing what you are doing Trouty. Unfortunately anyone offering an “alternative” view on here is classed as a mischief maker, Haven troll or not a true supporter. The fact of the matter is that at every club things are not 100% 100% of the time. We supporters should be aware of that and treat it for the roller coaster it is. 

24 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Oh of course Marrafan all well intentioned posters on this forum aren’t you? But thanks for gracing our forum with such remarkable pearls of wisdom. Is there a single supporter in the world who believes things are 100% all the time - duh? 

Anyhow yes Barry please keep the reports coming; this one was a bit of a downer but as we all know roller coaster it is. Week by week we go!

1 hour ago, notasdaftasilook said:

Maybe because he was giving his own honest opinion on what he seen and heard at training, or would you prefer him to tell lies to make you feel better??

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Trouty,you do realise if you don't come back,this forum will have to count on Donald as their only source of Mis-information !!

Fixed that.

I hope you didnt take what I wrote the wrong way Trouty, no way do I want you to stop posting on here, just that it all sounded ominous (I actually know what you are on about, I think. and yes its not good)

31 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Maybe because he was giving his own honest opinion on what he seen and heard at training, or would you prefer him to tell lies to make you feel better??

I’m not sure it’s anybodys place to give an honest opinion on what was heard at training tbh. How many clubs would let people in to training to get the gossip from players or volunteers or whoever to then put on a public forum.

What he sees at training and commenting on that is , on reflection valid so I take my comments back on that 

2 hours ago, notasdaftasilook said:

I never called the coaching boring,i called his calls in training boring.That reason is(my own opinions)why  our coach is wanting to bring in an experienced ass. coach with more than Leon can provide,it is difficult to explain on a post when you sit behind a laptop or phone to get over what i am trying to say,and,not being intelligent,? enough for some unfortunately you and  others take my post the  wrong way.I have never been bored at any town training session, and i have been going to training for over 40 years whatever the weathers,and the reason,well being a town fan if my team see at least one or two fans braving the weather at least it shows how much we appreciate them.The reason behind the counting of players at training is something i have done for years,it gives an incite to players at work,players at physio,and travellers,it was not intended to offer other teams on how many players at training,it was for genuine town fans, probably unlike yourself to inform them what is going on tonight at training,you will realise that town do train on a saturday morning when there will be a full parade of all players will be present...

Archived