5th July : SL Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 7:45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

For as long as penalties are worth far too much (which they are) players will look to milk them.  Need to put a stop to it quickly.  One way would be to reduce the incentive by reducing their value.  Should not be a kick to touch followed by 6 more tackles.  Should be either a kick to touch and continue the set at whatever tackle you were on or reset the tackle count where the player was fouled, I.e no kick.

Problem is if you start reducing their value, teams could start committing fouls as a game management tactic.

10 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No wonder Huddersfield can't draw a decent crowd with that irritating door handle banging that bean tin all match !

i think it'd be brilliant in a full stand personally, i'm not a huddersfield fan though so i don't know how they feel about it!

10 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

Problem is if you start reducing their value, teams could start committing fouls as a game management tactic.

Take a look at the other code, and that is their argument for not reducing the points available for kicks. They are correct; coaches and players will always push the rules to their limits. In an ideal world, everybody would play within the spirit as well as the letter of the laws, but competitive people want to win and club owners want the rewards of success.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

i think it'd be brilliant in a full stand personally, i'm not a huddersfield fan though so i don't know how they feel about it!

If you can find the fan you could ask them.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Shows how ridiculous the MOM system is if Miloudi ends up winning it. 

I know; should've been Barba.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

I know; should've been Barba.

He got mentioned more than some of the players on the pitch.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

MoM farce continues.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Hull have more fans than Huddersfield. Flawed system 

It crossed my mind when the options came up that a set of hull fans voting for one player could outweigh a set of hudds fans voting between three players - i know there are neutrals but there can't be many people voting on this now surely.

1 minute ago, overtheborder said:

It crossed my mind when the options came up that a set of hull fans voting for one player could outweigh a set of hudds fans voting between three players - i know there are neutrals but there can't be many people voting on this now surely.

I have made the same point several times, its a popularity contest, not an achievement contest.

Archived