July 14th vs. Batley Bulldogs

NickWeaver

Given the club is supporting all the junior ranks in this game my bet is Rowley will put him in at least on the interchange but be great to see him start and can you imagine how wild the place would be if he put one in?

100% expecting Quinn to play, will be very disappointing if he inst given any time.

also like i mentioned on another post Fev will be the start of meaningful games at Lamport again, i believe London gave it their all, Leigh kinda halfassed it and everyone else is just giving up before they step on the plane.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

100% expecting Quinn to play, will be very disappointing if he inst given any time.

also like i mentioned on another post Fev will be the start of meaningful games at Lamport again, i believe London gave it their all, Leigh kinda halfassed it and everyone else is just giving up before they step on the plane.

(giving up before they step on the plane,) really, lets not forget these are working fellas who mix compo and lug bricks around all week, so try not to diss em too much after a few hard games against teams who have more in 3 players than our whole setup, you guys are full time and spend a few days been spoilt while pushing the game for you over their,all well and good but lets wait and see just how you go when its a SL game for you fellas week after and your stuck for backups one game or two, unless cap wont count for a few years and then you can bring in a couple a fresh imports.  maybe you should just wait for those meaningfull games you mention before adding to the massive crowds.:newrussian:

1 hour ago, silverback said:

(giving up before they step on the plane,) really, lets not forget these are working fellas who mix compo and lug bricks around all week, so try not to diss em too much after a few hard games against teams who have more in 3 players than our whole setup, you guys are full time and spend a few days been spoilt while pushing the game for you over their,all well and good but lets wait and see just how you go when its a SL game for you fellas week after and your stuck for backups one game or two, unless cap wont count for a few years and then you can bring in a couple a fresh imports.  maybe you should just wait for those meaningfull games you mention before adding to the massive crowds.:newrussian:

Aren't Broncos and Leigh full timers?

1 minute ago, krakauer said:

Aren't Broncos and Leigh full timers?

Yes, but the trips can be done in a day.

It isn't sustainable to keep playing part-time teams. The sooner the TWP move up the better.

Yes but some of the teams play out of their skins when they come to Lamport and I expect nothing less from a good bunch of Yorkshire lads....

don't underestimate the heart in these PT clubs..for example look at Whitehaven and Doncaster at Lamport last year....plus YCK effort..getting shellacked and still running in trys even at the very end..

13 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Yes but some of the teams play out of their skins when they come to Lamport and I expect nothing less from a good bunch of Yorkshire lads....

i think you will find a bit a grit from the dogs thats a cert, but for folks to think we have given up before stepping on plane is crazy. i wish we could a faced you with full squad all fit 100% but its not to be, you look after em and am sure they will give you a game..

18 hours ago, silverback said:

Silver back i know that these are part time teams but last week the coach clearly was saying that he's not bringing his full team to rest them for the other games because they knew this was a loss so why bother. FT and PT teams shouldn't be playing in the same league and hopefully next year we wont have to deal with these issues anymore. We have had PT teams give us a good challenge  and even a loss so that's why it's so disappointing when we get to watch weakened weak teams come play us. 100% respect for the players that do come over and play but team managers are giving up before they board the plane most of the time. With most remaining teams to play us expecting to lose against us they will be looking to send a weak team so they can focus on their other games to get as high up the table as possible. It's logical on their part but it's unfair to us to have to watch this because our team is better. We were always meant to be a SL team and we're working our way from the bottom but man are we excited to be part of a FT league!

7 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Silver back i know that these are part time teams but last week the coach clearly was saying that he's not bringing his full team to rest them for the other games because they knew this was a loss so why bother. FT and PT teams shouldn't be playing in the same league and hopefully next year we wont have to deal with these issues anymore. We have had PT teams give us a good challenge  and even a loss so that's why it's so disappointing when we get to watch weakened weak teams come play us. 100% respect for the players that do come over and play but team managers are giving up before they board the plane most of the time. With most remaining teams to play us expecting to lose against us they will be looking to send a weak team so they can focus on their other games to get as high up the table as possible. It's logical on their part but it's unfair to us to have to watch this because our team is better. We were always meant to be a SL team and we're working our way from the bottom but man are we excited to be part of a FT league!

yer talking pap, we aint got any players to rest at all,far too many injured and our key player brown banned, none rested thats a cert fella, and if championship shouldent play SL then we best bin CC cup.(think they have anyways) but honestly dont think we have sent our second team as we aint got one, lets see what happens when you have cas and wigan coming over and you have a few knocks after 8 or 9 games next season you will know what were going thru, and likes been said what happens if one of our players gets crocked over at your place when there working fellas,am told we have had to stump up £2.000 for lads to get back from glasgow on a coach too so dont think all these teams are chomping at the bit to get over. lets see were we all are in a couple a years when you have been bashed around by some real top squads for a season or two and you might get to grip better.ENJOY.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

yer talking pap, we aint got any players to rest at all,far too many injured and our key player brown banned, none rested thats a cert fella, and if championship shouldent play SL then we best bin CC cup.(think they have anyways) but honestly dont think we have sent our second team as we aint got one, lets see what happens when you have cas and wigan coming over and you have a few knocks after 8 or 9 games next season you will know what were going thru, and likes been said what happens if one of our players gets crocked over at your place when there working fellas,am told we have had to stump up £2.000 for lads to get back from glasgow on a coach too so dont think all these teams are chomping at the bit to get over. lets see were we all are in a couple a years when you have been bashed around by some real top squads for a season or two and you might get to grip better.ENJOY.

Having a cup comp is completely different to having PT and FT teams play a regular season when half the games are blow outs and its two mini leagues in one.

Anyway we won't see eye to eye on this so let's each enjoy our clubs in our own way. 

Heading down to the game tomorrow, looking forward to it.  Batley were quite strong and physical in the first game...hope they are ready...a whirlwind is coming their way tomorrow!  The whine of the Indy cars will be in the air.

meeting RogerT and Batley fans at Katana at 7PM - Roger bringing my long awaited Batley Bulldogs shirt!!

and then introducing him to my group at 3B for a pint or two of their finest brew....ah life is good...

12 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

squad named..see Rowley is resting Liam Kay...but still no Quinn...maybe next weekend??

yeah that's disappointing. your resting players so give the kid a run out. if he doesn't play great you're still going to win and he learns.

image.png.10d39fe2f79d34c49b1874e693871bc4.png

3 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

yeah that's disappointing. your resting players so give the kid a run out. if he doesn't play great you're still going to win and he learns.

image.png.10d39fe2f79d34c49b1874e693871bc4.png

Give the kid a chance...put him in Coach!

3 hours ago, ojx said:

Rain and thunder storms forecast. Could be trouble.

Does that sort of weather affect a wolf pack? 

It may reduce the points scored ....and the spectators? Canadians are a hardy sort. ❄️

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

tonight's Katana on Bay reception was great..great to meet RogerT and the travelling Batley fans..and here's my Bulldogs personalized shirt...fantastic..thanks Rog. Now the proud owner of a Wolfpack shirt.

and topped off by the sight of Brian Noble MBE riding off on his bicycle to the shouts of "on yer bike!!" from the terrific BATLEY mob. epic!

!

Resized_20180713_194552_9807.jpeg

20180713_225707.jpg

I enjoyed the game...Batley almost fell apart but they were able to pull it back together and did their best.  The Batley fans were well received and behaved and made some noise...this really helped their players (you could tell).  I like watching your Ward, who we in the stands were calling Wardo since he kept getting his Kooga ripped off.  Brierely was also good at hitting the street cars with his conversions.

To be fair, Toronto outclassed Batley in skill but the effort was there from both sides...were some good hits and nice trys.

Good job Batley and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for the night out. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, but secretly hoped we'd give you a better game. Enjoyed chatting to a few of the locals who were interested and amazed why so many Bulldogs had traveled. Great city too.

I guess you're confident of the qualifiers, but again, some of your discipline looked a bit suspect to me. You'll see some closer games, mark my words!

Archived