Haven reaction

town4me

3 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

He’s a joke. He’s like 4 year old.

I suppose part of a coaches role is co-operating with the media...but..when your team once again(we did it at the Recre) throw away a winning lead at the death who wouldn't feel so irate that the last thing you need is a microphone shoved at you.?

It is however an all too common Town trait that they do this, in many games - and therefore Leon is the one mostly responsible for his teams tactics....urgent work required. 

No doubt, when he simmers down, we will hear from him?

By the way having stood amidst the away following for 80 mins I must say RL is still very much alive and kicking here in west Cumbria..........UTT... despite everything.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, THMS said:

Maybe Leon is like the rest of us and has No Words ! 

He must be absolutely sickened after today's performance. 

Well done to Scott with his tries and Stevie for being a tackling machine ! 

Absolutely . I think he should be cut some slack after that . It’s the guys on the field who it comes down . He must be ripped up with that happening . But again it’s what he talks about so often with us , over n over but we don’t learn . And it reinforces to him again where we lack and what we need . But he can only do so much . And maybe he didn’t trust himself in what he would say so held his piece for now . But his mood is clear 

1 minute ago, Chrome Dome said:

I think Olstrum might get a ban when video is reviewed?????

I thought once he got sin-binned he couldn’t then be further punished later!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Absolutely . I think he should be cut some slack after that . It’s the guys on the field who it comes down . He must be ripped up with that happening . But again it’s what he talks about so often with us , over n over but we don’t learn . And it reinforces to him again where we lack and what we need . But he can only do so much . And maybe he didn’t trust himself in what he would say so held his piece for now . But his mood is clear 

He’s been spotted in Keswick watching Footy, surely he had commitments after the game, even if he didn’t want to be interviewed. 

HW

37 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Have to say town never had a better chance that today haven had 13 players left in 20 mins of the secound half most injured and you still failed to deliver haven better first half town Better 2nd was a game of fine margins but we are playing awfull at the min and god knows how we are getting through games 

You make it sound like England at the world cup we have beaten you before you know. Its a daft old game but losing the last 2 games in the last seconds is hard to take in.

4 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

By the way having stood amidst the away following for 80 mins I must say RL is still very much alive and kicking here in west Cumbria..........UTT... despite everything.

Absolutely. Awful to be on the wrong side of that sort of finish but Haven deserved their win; they played from the off to the last with few errors and got that bit of luck you need at the end. Our first halves are now so error ridden we are giving away sides a start. We're a good side just not the smartest?

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

LP needs  to look at the bigger picture. First half performances  are becoming an issue.  If we had got that right we woukd have been out of sight in the last 10 minutes. 

Our first half sets were a disgrace spilling the ball time and time again credit to haven who done nothing spectacular they just played out their sets time and time again. Makes it even worse that the 2 players we feared most Philips and Aye were never in the game although both tackled well. We just have to take the medicine and get on with it. I'm sure most haven fans would have forfeited that game for their club to be in a better position.

Maybe he could have spoken for a couple of minutes but to be honest what exactly would we all want him to say.  He couldn’t do a thing in the last 5 minutes and we have heard him saying more or less in the past that players are not listening until it’s too late.  

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 minute ago, Brookie said:

Crests gave an interview because he's class. We'd  have won if he was coach

Think it’s a bit unfair blaming Leon. You could have the best coach in the world but it doesn’t stop players making mistakes or giving penalties away. All it needed was a little bit of game management, a kick on the 3rd or 4th tackle rather than the last when the pressure is applied on the kicker. No charge down no defeat simple as. Unfortunately even when we’ve had far better teams we always like to make it difficult for ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Brookie said:

And yes well done by him......but the match scenario was just a bit different.

Also I worked at the Big Factory with many who could 'talk the talk' very well....but were quite useless applying themselves to their work role.

Mr. Pryce is in his first term as a coach and learning (maybe the hard way)...

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

Moi moi got 2 games on review after yellow at Oldham

Okay it must have altered as it is double jeopardy. 

11 minutes ago, Brookie said:

How ? They were telling them endlessly there . We’ve had lots of coaches in the same boat . And losing 7O odd nil is totally different to that .

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Think anyone would struggle to give an interview after losing in them circumstances. First loss after 3 wins on the spin is it? We are still in the hunt.

We lost the game in the first half and thats what pryce should have come out and said. They were so tired in the last 15 we would have been out of sight if we had put a stint in during the 1st half.  

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

We lost the game in the first half and thats what pryce should have come out and said. They were so tired in the last 15 we would have been out of sight if we had put a stint in during the 1st half.  

No mate we weren’t tired they wer injured and playing sooner rather than later we will get out of 3 gear and play for 80 mins and that’s what scary to think about from our side of things I thought town played very well secound half and totally dominated most of the half and credit to u 

Archived