Are any Super League Clubs rich?

Just now, RP London said:

Provide real and substantiated EVIDENCE and people will believe it.. produce numbers plucked out of thin air and they will not... NONE of this is against TWP it is against YOU.. 

Ya right, crucify the messenger.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ya right, crucify the messenger.

but you arent the messenger.. you have said you have no link to TWP.. at the moment you are simply a sh*t stirrer.. and you can join 2 of your biggest naysayers in the ignore bucket.. which is ironic.. but i suppose you balance up the ###### that comes out of the anti side too!

41 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Is it already not the richest club in the Northern Hemisphere?

A quick browse of Toronto's sponsorship portfolio indicates a lot of really good mutually-beneficial partnerships but not much of the conventional cash sponsorships that one would expect  to underpin such a wealthy club.

27 minutes ago, RP London said:

but you arent the messenger.. you have said you have no link to TWP.. at the moment you are simply a sh*t stirrer.. and you can join 2 of your biggest naysayers in the ignore bucket.. which is ironic.. but i suppose you balance up the ###### that comes out of the anti side too!

Reread your above post..you have tried to turn this into some type of personal vendetta or something...not I.  I will not be baited into it either.

I am reminded of one of the most famous quotes in history by Octavian, "Varus give me back my legions!"

"Run With The Pack!"

Just now, M j M said:

A quick browse of Toronto's sponsorship portfolio indicates a lot of really good mutually-beneficial partnerships but not much of the conventional cash sponsorships that one would expect  to underpin such a wealthy club.

There are over 1 billion Aussie dollars that say different; thems is the facts of the matter.  This case should have been closed a long time ago.  

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Reread your above post..you have tried to turn this into some type of personal vendetta or something...not I.  I will not be baited into it either.

I am reminded of one of the most famous quotes in history by Octavian, "Varus give me back my legions!"

"Run With The Pack!"

actually the quote that was running through my mind as i put you on ignore was.. "dont argue with an idiot they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

right.. back on ignore

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

There are over 1 billion Aussie dollars that say different; thems is the facts of the matter.  This case should have been closed a long time ago.  

Are you now arguing Toronto just have the richest owner rather than being the richest club? 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its not about the size of the shop but rather per centage profit margins.  Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the amount of fight in the dog.

Honestly, Kayak - I entertained some of your earlier points and genuinely agree that some RL clubs should take note of how well TWP have done off the field in such a short space of time. But then you went, well.....a bit loopy. You seem obsessed with trying to make out everyone is against TWP and that's their reason for calling out your BS. 

To be clear, my comments are aimed at you and not TWP - who I think are great for RL. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, B rad said:

I was just wondering. I hear about financial issues with English Clubs at the moment, are there any that are well supported financially? 

I have only looked at one reply to this because the answer is NO. If Sky pulled out of RL tomorrow they would all be  bankrupt.

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can only assume some people hit the wrong link sometimes....

image.thumb.png.ed6fd57c22a21237df93cd700b2caadf.png

glad that wasnt like the "Leigh Fire sale" search!!!

26 minutes ago, RP London said:

actually the quote that was running through my mind as i put you on ignore was.. "dont argue with an idiot they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

right.. back on ignore

Very mature....like an old wise ostrich.

19 minutes ago, M j M said:

Are you now arguing Toronto just have the richest owner rather than being the richest club? 

Well some people might say they are one and the same.

3 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I have only looked at one reply to this because the answer is NO. If Sky pulled out of RL tomorrow they would all be  bankrupt.

In fairness so would most professional sports teams in the country. They all either rely on one wealthy owner or sky money if TV revenue is part of their income then why shouldn't they use it to invest or pay wages? If TV or a wealthy backer was to suddenly disappear they'd have to reduce outgoings and operate at a lower level of professionalism but that's the same for every sport. Football, Union, Cricket, Darts.

How many top level sports clubs make a profit if you took those two factors away?

18 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Honestly, Kayak - I entertained some of your earlier points and genuinely agree that some RL clubs should take note of how well TWP have done off the field in such a short space of time. But then you went, well.....a bit loopy. You seem obsessed with trying to make out everyone is against TWP and that's their reason for calling out your BS. 

To be clear, my comments are aimed at you and not TWP - who I think are great for RL. 

Don't know why you feel the need to personalize this. 

9 minutes ago, Celtic Rooster said:

That's not true at all. For starters many of the clubs already rely on wealthy owners so the loss of a revenue stream wouldn't kill them off overnight.

I object more to the framing of the observation though, like Sky are somehow doing Rugby League a favour and it could disappear overnight. Our television rights are valuable and this is a commercial arrangement. 

It reminds me of the attitude of the BBC at the dawn of Super League: other sports sold their TV rights but Rugby League had "sold its soul".

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am intrigued by these thousands and thousands of fans that are going on holidays to Toronto Wolfpack games.

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can only assume some people hit the wrong link sometimes....

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

glad that wasnt like the "Leigh Fire sale" search!!!

I don't mean to be condescending but you obviously have no concept, none whatsoever, of how many American tourists come to Toronto.  You do not understand.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well some people might say they are one and the same.

Only people who didn't have even the most basic grasp of corporate limited liability and the difference between individuals and companies.

Just now, M j M said:

That's not true at all. For starters many of the clubs already rely on wealthy owners so the loss of a revenue stream wouldn't kill them off overnight.

I object more to the framing of the observation though, like Sky are somehow doing Rugby League a favour and it could disappear overnight. Our television rights are valuable and this is a commercial arrangement. 

It reminds me of the attitude of the BBC at the dawn of Super League: other sports sold their TV rights but Rugby League had "sold its soul".

The over reliance on this one revenue stream is not good...diversification of income is the key.  Its like a Northern Ontario one industry town...you are at the mercy of the company man.  RL must diversify but many to  have a one way mindset, incapable of looking at other alternatives and making it happen...just look at some of the comments in this thread in relation to American tourists in Toronto: NO IDEA !.  Then when a guy mentions increased revenue from clothing sales they bite his head off.

TIME TO GET WITH THE NEW PROGRAM PEOPLE!

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Only people who didn't have even the most basic grasp of corporate limited liability and the difference between individuals and companies.

Spoken as an accountant, heard the same thing about derivatives a number of years ago....wonder how that worked out.  Go play your shell games and sell the tonic water to a believer, as money moves from stocks, to bonds, to personal accounts. .  All dollars eventually make their way into personal accounts eventually after the number crunchers and the corporate lawyers get their cut.  I'm not against it per se...but to pretend it doesn't work that way is well...its just plain deception.  A dollar holds no personal allegiance...it has its own gravity.

And people on this thread have accused me of making numbers up and not having the honest conversation.!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't mean to be condescending but you obviously have no concept, none whatsoever, of how many American tourists come to Toronto.  You do not understand.

I suggest more tourists come to London but they don't go to watch the Broncos.

Kayakman, as you seem to be the man in the know and with all the merchandise currently being sold in huge numbers, where does one purchase Wolfpack merchandise? Forgetting online for the point of this question.  On my past three visits to your great city, twice in 2017 and the last only 2 months ago I looked in sports shops, I even paid a visit to the ground and there was no club shop to be found, not even any advertising for up and coming games.  Granted this was not on a match day but still considering peeps are buying up the gear you would have thought I could find some somewhere. So I went home empty handed.

I did actually catch the Warrington v Wolfpack cup game live on tv that Sunday morning so at least got to see my team and it must have been good publicity for your team, barring all the sending offs :)

T.B.H unfortunately anyone I spoke to were not aware of the Wolfpack.

B.t.w I am in favour of the expansion and look forward to seeing if you can make Super league, good luck. 

53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I suggest more tourists come to London but they don't go to watch the Broncos.

London has a huge amount of tourists, more than Toronto,  and you are right they don't come to watch the Broncos which hopefully will change, it is a challenge and task that must be taken on.  Best of luck to them.

The tourist industry in Toronto is very different than that of London...there are many Americans at the games looking for something to do on short visit or weekend fling...many attend athletic events and TWP is wise to get a slice of this market, and to grow that slice.  

Its not the same as over there....its a totally different market and dynamic.  The attitude of some on this thread merely reinforces that point.  Sales in all areas are brisk.

43 minutes ago, Tiger Wolf said:

Kayakman, as you seem to be the man in the know and with all the merchandise currently being sold in huge numbers, where does one purchase Wolfpack merchandise? Forgetting online for the point of this question.  On my past three visits to your great city, twice in 2017 and the last only 2 months ago I looked in sports shops, I even paid a visit to the ground and there was no club shop to be found, not even any advertising for up and coming games.  Granted this was not on a match day but still considering peeps are buying up the gear you would have thought I could find some somewhere. So I went home empty handed.

I did actually catch the Warrington v Wolfpack cup game live on tv that Sunday morning so at least got to see my team and it must have been good publicity for your team, barring all the sending offs :)

T.B.H unfortunately anyone I spoke to were not aware of the Wolfpack.

B.t.w I am in favour of the expansion and look forward to seeing if you can make Super league, good luck. 

No doubt about it, we are a work in progress and that progress is not easy.  We are at the front line of RL fighting those battles...but there is much more territory to be gained and the battle isn't over.  Its like the 5 beaches that had landings on D-Day.  Two British, two American and one Canadian.  Of the various beachheads, the Canadians made more gains, took more land and made greater progress than any of the others by far.  Its like that here, we are currently doing it but the job is not complete....the war not yet won.

I don't think you can just forget online sales since the future is already here, they are certainly a large part of the picture.  TWP still has a large mountain to climb in terms of exposure and market share, whether it be in stores or at the gate, but we are doing it.  Huge untapped market there no doubt and improvements can and will be made in the future.  The awareness is growing, we do not shirk from the task ahead of us.

I like our fellow Wolves at Warrington and you got the best of us that day in the second half after the ref had his moment in the limelight but that is the nature of sport and these things happen.  Good win for you guys and I wish you the best in the final.

We have a 5 year plan to make it to SL and everything is ahead of schedule...we will get to that promised land, and then we will win that title and trophy and then we will have a parade in downtown Toronto with that trophy...it is our destiny.

Some may like it and others not...but it IS going to happen.

Archived