Seven Games

Dave Naylor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you think the club should provide a 24/7 media team reporting on every rumour or proposal that might not even be happening, you'd blow your £100,000 budget on that alone.

Just checked with several of the other clubs who could have been affected by this apparently rejected proposal. Not a sausage.

RFL clubs aren't red tops feeding off rumour and speculation. If there's something to report worthy of attention, it's put out there and Oldham produce regular, well written articles disproportionately in excess of available resources.

16 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Apparently the new proposals have been rejected unanimously by Champ and Champ 1 chairmen. RFL can overrule allegedly wtf.....

Mick's Hit rate with things he has heard haven't always been 100%...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, Little no it all said:

So you think that Oldham rugby is promoted in local press and local people track the club 

sorry your CEO is in hospital and the club has shut down for 2 months I have not heard a thing

I posted links to articles in the local press on here. They've not abated in the chairman's absence.

I get that you have an axe to grind for some reason but you're looking a bit silly now.

10 hours ago, Little no it all said:

So you think that Oldham rugby is promoted in local press and local people track the club 

sorry your CEO is in hospital and the club has shut down for 2 months I have not heard a thing

I bet the RFL money is stil being paid into the rugby club that we haven’t heard from 

3 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

I posted links to articles in the local press on here. They've not abated in the chairman's absence.

I get that you have an axe to grind for some reason but you're looking a bit silly now.

More tripe

Dave I might look silly to you but the last post just shows what a joke oldham rugby is a club getting over £100,000 central funding a year can’t even tell their own fans and sponsors where their team will be playing over the next month 

why Would a supporter be asking on here where a game is to be played 

Can you please tell us how you work out we get over £100000 funding for this season and provide evidence for this figure you have plucked from thin air? We don't get near £100000.

The Bradford game will be moved from Whitebank for capacity reasons I would think. Now the Wembley trip has been done I expect an announcement about the ground for Bradford very soon.

19 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Can you please tell us how you work out we get over £100000 funding for this season and provide evidence for this figure you have plucked from thin air? We don't get near £100000.

The Bradford game will be moved from Whitebank for capacity reasons I would think. Now the Wembley trip has been done I expect an announcement about the ground for Bradford very soon.

I think the game will be played at BF but i think i would prefer it if we played at White bank i enjoy it there and it much better with the clubhouse much more hospitable.

I also happen to think this Bradford side are beatable, depends which Yeds team turns up, we are becoming unpredictable , the defence can be awesome but then we seem to go to sleep in some games.

I really hope the team can make the play offs, i know its not the end of the world if we dont and i know next year the division will be weaker but i want promotion ASAP.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Win every game left and we're up. Lose just one and we're not. (I know that's not technically correct. But that's how I'm playing it out in my mind)

Your probably not a million miles out with that thought mate. I was thinking pretty much along the same lines.

Wooah steady lads, can't have optimism on the forum,the negative brigade and little no it all will be after you now. ???

For what it's worth it will be tough to win every game from here on in (regular season), make the playoffs though and anything can happen in one off "do or die" games.

Back to business this Sunday against Cov and then a trip over the Pennines in what could be a crucial game v York (who incidentally I rate as the best side in the division) , hanging in by a thread but it's not over just yet for the Yeds.

If we stay down so be it, we will just have to take the RFLs £100000+ next season and have another go at it, obviously games next season will not be reported on,no Twitter or Facebook,no website,no info from the club,matches at unspecified venues,an Oldham born and bred coach with a squad of born and bred Oldham players (birth certificates will be checked),the scouting network (which will be a new,secret organisation) will be banned from recruiting outside the Oldham border ,God forbid they stray into the wastelands outside the borough,clearly there is no talent outside our area worthy of a shirt.

Sounds like a plan to me, don't tell anyone though,we don't want to give "the negative" any more to moan about!???

Up the Yeds!

• 2 weeks later...

Wooaaah!  Newcastle slapping Workington 50-22 today puts our loss there the other week into perspective.

The net result is that—according to my matrix—Workington will finish on 32 points.

That means we can afford to lose against the top two, beat Skolars away and qualify for the play-offs.  

Beating York or Bradford will seal the deal.  We can do both.  Come on!  

Dave, Workington have already got 32 points and they’ll surely beat London Skolars at home.  Then they are away to Doncaster which presumably you have as a home win.  So I reckon Worky will end up on 34 points so we still need to beat either York or Bradford as well as the Skolars away which won’t be an easy game.

If Whitehaven beat Hunslet tomorrow and Newcastle can do us another favour by beating Hunslet away then that would mean we would only need to win one game (assuming Haven beat Coventry and lose away at York). If that happens Oldham, Hunslet and Whitehaven will all end up on 32 points but our goal difference will secure us 5th spot.  Come on your Geordies!

Anyone know how the play offs work?

So, we're down to the last two games for the clubs chasing the play-off places.  My predictions are working out pretty well with the odd exception, namely the form of Newcastle.  However,  the prediction rules are:

• You will always lose against York or Bradford
  • You will win home games against teams in the group of five but lose to them away.
  • You beat the rest home and away.

If things work out that way we'll finish 6th and miss out on a play-off place.

Games in red are wins.

Doncaster [34] +4 = 38

A: North Wales H: Workington

Workington [32] +2 = 34

H: London Skolars A: Doncaster

Hunslet [30] +4 = 34

H: Newcastle A: Coventry

Oldham [30]  +2 = 32

H: Bradford  A: London Skolars

Whitehaven [30] +2 = 32

H: Coventry A: York 

We need something to break the rules and the first thing could be the RFL meeting on Friday to discuss/vote on the structure change.  If it's agreed, Bradford and York will be immediately promoted and finishing 6th will give us a semi-final game away at Doncaster.

If there is no change, and we need to finish 5th, beating Bradford and then Skolars will achieve that.  We'd then finish on 34 points and our vastly superior points difference over Hunslet and Whitehaven would see us placed above them.

Losing against Bradford means we have to beat London Skolars on Saturday September 22 and rely on Newcastle winning at Hunslet on the previous Sunday.  I suppose in the worst case scenario, on the last Saturday we'd travel to the capital hoping that  Coventry can pull of a shock at home against Hunslet.

All we can do for now is to concentrate on our two games.  Winning both of those should get us that semi-final spot over in South Yorkshire.  So let's turn over the Bulls in front of a bursting-at-the-seams Vestacare Stadium. 

The restructure of the top 2 going up as the RFL have the final say and it is their idea. Plus it is looking more like Bradford will finish 2nd  which will defo prompt the RFL to make changes now.

Therefore 6th spot will do for a play off place imo.

We should make 5th or 6th assuming we beat London (nervous smile) 

Archived