Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

Eric Perez

On 9/15/2018 at 6:23 PM, East Coast Tiger said:

An really astute individual would have realised Rowley is not up to the job by now.

Because having happy players topping the league back to back in two divisions and almost being at the door to promotion in year 2 of a 5 year plan is a clear indication of that?

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 5:41 AM, MustardBoy said:

I wonder if there'll be any place left for the Heartlands clubs, who've created and propped up what'll become a closed door franchised North American Super League?

Some TWP fans mock the lack of cash, funding and attendances, yet they've actually done very little themselves, nor was it them who created and kept going a minority sport and league structure with little cash in such a small region. It'll all be forgotten.

You also created football and suck at that too, that Argyles fault? Sometimes people start thing's but it takes others to perfect it...you're welcome. ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Because having happy players topping the league back to back in two divisions and almost being at the door to promotion in year 2 of a 5 year plan is a clear indication of that?

No, the fact they still haven’t beaten a SL side and have struggled against Fev, Halifax, London and Toulouse despite spending more on players is. Having Bussey in the side when it was clear he’s a liability is another. Considering Widnes has imploded TWP should be certaibties to go up, but they’re not and it’s down to the way they’re being coached.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

You also created football and suck at that too, that Argyles fault? Sometimes people start thing's but it takes others to perfect it...you're welcome. ?

We created football, but suck at that too? So you're saying we also 'suck' at RL, or that we suck at NA hoopla, marketing and hype?!

I know you're from Canada which is a powerhouse of culture and influence, but at least show some humility for the small region in a sub-par nation who created the sport.

12 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! World Cup semi finalists 2018. Where did Canada come? Or Poland for that matter.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 9/16/2018 at 1:46 PM, Big Picture said:

It's more clear all the time that the game's struggles due to more its regional nature and attitudes and practices within the game than to RU's historical opposition.  It's never had the either money or the will to assist expansion efforts much other than the concessions given to London re players because they couldn't get northern guys to move down there and even those concessions caused a lot of griping.  When SL started and London was elevated into it, the howls that they had stolen Keighley's place were loud and long.

Interestingly, in that interview Argyle sounds Canadian as much as Australian, he's clearly been in Canada long enough to be settled here.  Part of RL's problem is that the businessmen who own the other clubs are small time businessmen in comparison to him, they don't have the same sort of resources or vision as can be seen by their worries about Toronto bringing "no away fans".  Then again, as a small regional sport they're the best it can attract.  Toronto being in their league is truly a mixture of oil and water in many ways.

Answer unequivocally, do you believe Keighley being denied a place in the top tier was justified.

I think we should change the name of all the threads on here to "Embroiled in a Silly Argument!" each followed by a number, obviously now R &P has been sorted out expansion would be number 1.

9 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

Answer unequivocally, do you believe Keighley being denied a place in the top tier was justified.

Time to move on now, even if Keighley were the most deserving side in the entire universe then.

And in the words of the wonderful Tina Turner "What's Perez got to do with it, go to do with it?"

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 2

On n'est pas là pour se faire engueuler

23 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! World Cup semi finalists 2018. Where did Canada come? Or Poland for that matter.

ok so you created it and can't win it...you just proved my point.

Canad is growing steadily in the sport and Polska just had a show this past WC...so so bad. but hey...its not like we invented the sport right? Nice that you completely forgot the euros already.

7 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

ok so you created it and can't win it...you just proved my point.

Canad is growing steadily in the sport and Polska just had a show this past WC...so so bad. but hey...its not like we invented the sport right? Nice that you completely forgot the euros already.

We won it years ago. Stop digging Krzzy.

rldfsignature.jpg

22 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Man, you guys take Krzzy's posts way too seriously/literally. 

He's half Canuck half Polack. There's no way he's trying to be funny. Not with those genes.

rldfsignature.jpg

Past victories just mean you were good at that point in time. its the current state that matters.

Or are you saying that Blackpool is one of the top teams in football because they won the Champ League many many years ago? I would give a RL reference but I don't know who's in the lower divisions that won something 98 years ago.

Just now, Krzzystuff said:

Past victories just mean you were good at that point in time. its the current state that matters.

Or are you saying that Blackpool is one of the top teams in football because they won the Champ League many many years ago? I would give a RL reference but I don't know who's in the lower divisions that won something 98 years ago.

Ah, so only France are a good football team? Strange logic. I was just correcting you on your poor knowledge of the FIFA WC where you claimed England had never won it. When I point out that we have won it you change the criteria. Give it up Krzzy, you're on a loser here.

rldfsignature.jpg

There will always be problems with new Countries and cultures introduced into are game.

I can not take the Canadians seriously, they seem more pumped than there over hyped southern friends

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

21 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Ah, so only France are a good football team? Strange logic. I was just correcting you on your poor knowledge of the FIFA WC where you claimed England had never won it. When I point out that we have won it you change the criteria. Give it up Krzzy, you're on a loser here.

I've never said you haven't won it. the fact you won it long ago is meaningless to current form. the point was you created football and aren't the best at it, going on pats victories Brazil perfected the game and are the best.

In RL  Oz are the best as they have won it the most and you need their coaches and your players to play in their leagues to compete with them...again created it but someone else perfected it.

the biggest reason that NH is behind SH is the way the business is ran and that's where TWP has made more of an impact in terms of sponsorship and global profile for the sport than the mighty heartlands clubs have done.

Kids take football very seriously because they know they can make a very good living if they get good enough....RL has a much much lower draw for people to sacrifice so much of their life and body for very poor pay...in England..in Oz it's rather attractive isn't it?

21 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

Yes it was, by virtue of the 87 million £ contract with Sky.  That money was expressly for the purpose of broadcasting a Super League, not the old RFL Championship.  As it was Sky didn't get a Super League, they got a tarted-up version of the  old RFL Championship instead and after 4 years they decided that wasn't worth the same money and renegotiated the contract for less.

I truly hope that TWP finish top of the pile and as such are entitled to join the "super" league. I also truly hope that a week after the powers that control Rugby League then decide to promote Halifax instead and that the assorted curs you have imported slink back across the Atlantic/Pacific, and Toronto are told to start to show some signs of fulfilling the hype about local players and a massive interest in Rugby League in the north american continent that Perez promoted, now not in 3 or 5 or 10 years time. PS you can keep Rowley.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

I truly hope that TWP finish top of the pile and as such are entitled to join the "super" league. I also truly hope that a week after the powers that control Rugby League then decide to promote Halifax instead and that the assorted curs you have imported slink back across the Atlantic/Pacific, and Toronto are told to start to show some signs of fulfilling the hype about local players and a massive interest in Rugby League in the north american continent that Perez promoted, now not in 3 or 5 or 10 years time. PS you can keep Rowley.

last weekend we had more fans at the Den than all of league 1 and Championship shield games combined...what are ya smoking bud? 

also as of tomorrow morning all RFL clubs need to show us 30 brand new players of SL quality or be kicked out...don't give us excuses that you need time to develop them...make them now!!!!

Perez made the claims with regard to Toronto and NA don't try and deflect the argument back onto other clubs. Where is he and how close is he to backing up his claims? NB trying to keep on topic Perez and by logical extension TWP and Argyle.

34 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

last weekend we had more fans at the Den than all of league 1 and Championship shield games combined...what are ya smoking bud? 

also as of tomorrow morning all RFL clubs need to show us 30 brand new players of SL quality or be kicked out...don't give us excuses that you need time to develop them...make them now!!!!

To clarify, by massive interest I meant those multi millionaires who were going to establish new clubs, not spectator numbers.