Leigh home

EQUALIZER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its going to be tough for both clubs next season....the last thing you want right now....is your coach walking out on you....you'll come good....you always do...………...eventually

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I said it sometime ago Dewsbury will be down next season..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

But to get back to the thread, we will finish on an unexpected high - 1 point victory for us!

by what score Rev ?....

Ill go 23-18 to the Rams.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

6 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I've heard there could be up to 3 players coming over to the dark side ☹️

is that coming from the dark side or going over to the dark side ?......

too may dark sides....

Teanby looks useful. Guzdeck is decent but I'd stick with Scott especially as we need a goal kicker. Other than that Deleany perhaps?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

the word you needed  is > was. i know ones off elswere for now, and the one am hoping for from yourselves might have had a better offer am told.   i dont like mondays as it is, and am off to a 500 year old hotel on a most haunted few days in whitby so might miss all the info/:vampire:

14 hours ago, graham fisher said:

The only players left to sign are forwards (mainly props) with 1 to 7 covered, can only see us being interested in Walshaw so I doubt you have 3 players that we require.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Got to fancy you guys for this one. We only have 16 players available:-

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2018/09/28/centurions-announce-squad-for-sundays-dewsbury-game/

When you think that we offloaded seven of our 'highest paid', we now have another eight unavailable, through injury:- Rhys Evans, Ben Reynolds, Liam Hood, Nathan Mason, Greg Richards, Jonah Cunningham, Adam Walne & Sam Peet. Still, if Featherstone could totally dominate us with 14, maybe we can give you a game.

Looking forward to visiting you again, and a good match.

2 hours ago, AlanE said:

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2018/09/28/centurions-announce-squad-for-sundays-dewsbury-game/

When you think that we offloaded seven of our 'highest paid', we now have another eight unavailable, through injury:- Rhys Evans, Ben Reynolds, Liam Hood, Nathan Mason, Greg Richards, Jonah Cunningham, Adam Walne & Sam Peet. Still, if Featherstone could totally dominate us with 14, maybe we can give you a game.

Should be a good contest. A side decimated by ship jumpers and injuries, against a side preoccupied by their imminent departures to  the giddy heights of mount pleasant, and where ever Sheffield park their caravans nowadays. I will of course be there, to sample the cheap (in the Royal Suite anyway), refreshing beverage that is San Miguel. Contrary to some on here, I wish you guys all the best for next season. Your support alone should guarantee you the players to see you up there with Fev, Fax, and erm ... the dogs next year.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

What's the latest news on Ben Reynolds?

Is his season finished?

Ben will probably be back for the final. He was taken to hospital as a precaution, after jarring his neck in a completely innocuous tackle on a Batley player. (can't even blame them for that - it was his 'fault'!) I think he will probably be leaving us at the end of the season. Some say to SL, but I'm not sure. He seems to be lacking that half yard of pace, and his kicking game needs to improve. The lad has tremendous heart though and never, ever gives less than 100%.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Should be a good contest. A side decimated by ship jumpers and injuries, against a side preoccupied by their imminent departures to  the giddy heights of mount pleasant, and where ever Sheffield park their caravans nowadays. I will of course be there, to sample the cheap (in the Royal Suite anyway), refreshing beverage that is San Miguel. Contrary to some on here, I wish you guys all the best for next season. Your support alone should guarantee you the players to see you up there with Fev, Fax, and erm ... the dogs next year.

Thanks for the good wishes, 'grumps'. I'm looking forward to visiting your place again, on Sunday. Hopefully we'll still be in the Championship next season (i.e. no liquidation) so that I can continue to enjoy trips to my favourite grounds - including Dewsbury and (whisper it) Batley!

4 hours ago, AlanE said:

Thanks for the good wishes, 'grumps'. I'm looking forward to visiting your place again, on Sunday. Hopefully we'll still be in the Championship next season (i.e. no liquidation) so that I can continue to enjoy trips to my favourite grounds - including Dewsbury and (whisper it) Batley!

We shout it Alan 

IMG_0583.JPG

15 hours ago, AlanE said:

Don’t worry Alan I think we are down to about half a dozen players,well about half a dozen that can be ar sed☹️

Archived