Disciplinary from Sunday

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

5 match ban for Acton.

When will that bloke learn? He tried his bullying tactics week before at our place but I think he got fed up of being put on his ar se so crawled back under his stone,the man’s a grub.I know Gareth Hock had his critics but at least he had a lot of skill. Heard Acton was off to Salford next season.

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

When will that bloke learn? He tried his bullying tactics week before at our place but I think he got fed up of being put on his ar se so crawled back under his stone,the man’s a grub.I know Gareth Hock had his critics but at least he had a lot of skill. Heard Acton was off to Salford next season.

Graham,

He doesn't learn, and that's a colossal problem. If he could learn to behave, he has other attributes to make him a good player. But, there appears to be a serious flaw, whereby he just can't resist 'challenging' a player, off the ball. He's dangerous - I don't think poor Tom Hemingway has played since he was fouled by Jamie, at Batley, several weeks ago. We will be well rid of him and good luck to Salford!

He's been referred 11 times this season resulting in 3 charges (and banned for 13 games) and 1 caution.

In 2017 he was referred 10 times with 6 charges resulting in bans for 11 games and 4 months.

If nothing else, he's fairly consistent.....

I didn't see what happened on Sunday but judging by Duffy's reaction as Acton passed the dugout I got the impression that it hadn't been good.

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He's been referred 11 times this season resulting in 3 charges (and banned for 13 games) and 1 caution.

In 2017 he was referred 10 times with 6 charges resulting in bans for 11 games and 4 months.

If nothing else, he's fairly consistent.....

I didn't see what happened on Sunday but judging by Duffy's reaction as Acton passed the dugout I got the impression that it hadn't been good.

He caught Dupree on the head with either shoulder, arm or elbow after the ball had gone, and whilst Dupree was on his knees.

It was a bad challenge anyway, but suspect Duffy's response would have been exacerbated by the fact that it was a 19-year-old debutant who was the victim.

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He caught Dupree on the head with either shoulder, arm or elbow after the ball had gone, and whilst Dupree was on his knees.

It was a bad challenge anyway, but suspect Duffy's response would have been exacerbated by the fact that it was a 19-year-old debutant who was the victim.

I wondered whether one of the Leeds' lads had been involved.

5 hours ago, AlanE said:

Graham,

He doesn't learn, and that's a colossal problem. If he could learn to behave, he has other attributes to make him a good player. But, there appears to be a serious flaw, whereby he just can't resist 'challenging' a player, off the ball. He's dangerous - I don't think poor Tom Hemingway has played since he was fouled by Jamie, at Batley, several weeks ago. We will be well rid of him and good luck to Salford!

thing is he is as soft as a brush Brakec told him to get in the car park after a game tother year and his ###### fell out

22 hours ago, AlanE said:

Graham,

Your right Alan, Tom hasn't played since that horrible assault, mans got issues.

Players need to take further action against him, it’s clear there’s something ‘amiss’, think he gets a buzz out of it, trouble is though he doesnt actual throw a punch or fight with anyone, he’s a cretin, let him go into SL, in fact put him in the international squad and let him loose on the Antipodeans, they’ll murder him!!

13 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Players need to take further action against him, it’s clear there’s something ‘amiss’, think he gets a buzz out of it, trouble is though he doesnt actual throw a punch or fight with anyone, he’s a cretin, let him go into SL, in fact put him in the international squad and let him loose on the Antipodeans, they’ll murder him!!

Interesting solution that one! However, whilst it might sort him out, would we want England to be playing for 85 minutes with 12 men? At least his cynical foul on Sunday, was in the last ten minutes, unlike the awful one at Batley - in the first five! Hey, perhaps he's learning, after all?!;)

19 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Interesting solution that one! However, whilst it might sort him out, would we want England to be playing for 85 minutes with 12 men? At least his cynical foul on Sunday, was in the last ten minutes, unlike the awful one at Batley - in the first five! Hey, perhaps he's learning, after all?!;)

85 mins........?????

10 hours ago, AlanE said:

Why would we be playing with 12 men, my unexaggerated point is that he wouldn’t get away with being his usual grubby self, he’d probably feign an injury and beg to come off! 

11 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Why would we be playing with 12 men, my unexaggerated point is that he wouldn’t get away with being his usual grubby self, he’d probably feign an injury and beg to come off! 

Because he has form for doing something stupid sooner rather than later!

Archived