Fitness Thread

163.4 lbs this week, up a little but still well in my range.  Maintaining 164lbs +/- 2 or 3 for a significant time now, which is a real positive for me at the moment, especially with everything going on.  Means the new habits have really taken hold and that even though there have been the occasional binge it's not turning into a complete fall off the wagon melt down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

163.4 lbs this week, up a little but still well in my range.  Maintaining 164lbs +/- 2 or 3 for a significant time now, which is a real positive for me at the moment, especially with everything going on.  Means the new habits have really taken hold and that even though there have been the occasional binge it's not turning into a complete fall off the wagon melt down.

Ready for push ups tomorrow?

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 07/04/2020 at 10:09, Bob8 said:

1:53.

Not really the progress I was hoping for. Just could not push up in proper form.

2:03.

Actually, much better than I expected.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

2:03.

Actually, much better than I expected.

I did it after my weights today but obviously did far worse as a result with 1:02. Interestingly I did feel stronger whilst doing my weights after doing it for 4 days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Push ups week 2 day 2

14,16,12,12 and 40

That last set is superb. It looks like you will storm through the next week or two.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

That last set is superb. It looks like you will storm through the next week or two.

Think I’ll be ok this week not looked too far ahead but am expecting it to get harder next week and possibly to come unstuck the week after. Your numbers look a bit terrifying if I’m honest. 

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Think I’ll be ok this week not looked too far ahead but am expecting it to get harder next week and possibly to come unstuck the week after. Your numbers look a bit terrifying if I’m honest. 

I am taking long rests between, as long as I think I need. 

4 hours ago, CanaBull said:

Took a while to get to them today, but did the Week 3 Day 2 pushups.  20, 25, 15, 15, 26

Great stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Damien said:

I did it after my weights today but obviously did far worse as a result with 1:02. Interestingly I did feel stronger whilst doing my weights after doing it for 4 days.

Cardio done for 1hr (30 mins bike, 30 mins cross trainer). I then managed 1:36 of the bring Sally pushups which is a great improvement. I also did 1:18 doing it to leg raises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Cardio done for 1hr (30 mins bike, 30 mins cross trainer). I then managed 1:36 of the bring Sally pushups which is a great improvement. I also did 1:18 doing it to leg raises.

Sweet Lord! That is a huge leap in time!

Week 4, day 3:

29-33-29-29-41

Edit: Sally up challenge a couple of minutes later, 1:16. Actually, pretty good in the circumstances.

Edited by Bob8
  • Like 3

Test day....

7 from the knees, plus help from belly....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Test day....

7 from the knees, plus help from belly....

You are pushing up a lot more weight than we are, so it takes the strength of some of us doing full press ups. Congratulations, and welcome to the fun ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Push ups week 2 day 3

16,17,14,14 and 44

A longer last set again. Good stuff. You should certainly storm through the next two weeks. I am struggling a bit now and taking long breaks between. About eight years ago I really could do a single set of over 100.

I have an single to exhaustion set next, so nothing from me for the next couple of days.

Bedford Roughyed and Canabull are up tomorrow.

Yeah I’ve got my exhaustion set before I go into week 3. Will do that Sunday to start the week again on Monday. I think I’ll be ok the next couple of weeks but I don’t see that last set improving much with the other sets being so high. 

when you look at your numbers now you’re well past the 100. Just got to lose the rests. ?

Edited by bobbruce
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Yeah I’ve got my exhaustion set before I go into week 3. Will do that Sunday to start the week again on Monday. I think I’ll be ok the next couple of weeks but I don’t see that last set improving much with the other sets being so high. 

when you look at your numbers now you’re well past the 100. Just got to lose the rests. ?

Week five is shorter sets, but more of them. I think what you say there is the very idea of it!

You should certainly get over fifty in an exhasution test, which means the 100 is within reach.

I have ordered some resistance bands.

I now need to work out what to do with resistance bands as I presume just having them will not actually make me a better person.

Running going quite well. Managing three or four goes a week and it's actually proving to be pretty friendly out and about, albeit a friendly hello from a minimum of 2m (usually more) away. Running in the road around people walking is getting to be pretty standard.

Weight now at 81kg.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I have ordered some resistance bands.

I now need to work out what to do with resistance bands as I presume just having them will not actually make me a better person.

Running going quite well. Managing three or four goes a week and it's actually proving to be pretty friendly out and about, albeit a friendly hello from a minimum of 2m (usually more) away. Running in the road around people walking is getting to be pretty standard.

Weight now at 81kg.