Sign in to follow this  
Bob8

Fitness Thread

78.9kg

I went to a different and officially registered boxing club today. They do straight rather than twist punches (so closer to karate) and a far more open stance. I had to busily unlearn everything.

I was clearly the oldest there.

• Like 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

78.9kg

I went to a different and officially registered boxing club today. They do straight rather than twist punches (so closer to karate) and a far more open stance. I had to busily unlearn everything.

I was clearly the oldest there.

I've never had any proper boxing training; done a bit of sparing with a mate who was a half decent boxer. Now do some bag work as part of the strength and conditioning class I go to and quite enjoy it and don't find it too technically difficult. Mind you, you sometimes needed to be good with your hands when I began playing amateur rugby league in the lower reaches of the North West Counties league back in the very early 80s!

• Like 2

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Bob8 Canabull Niels Riding Pie
23-May 90.5 113 145.4   91.63 71.24 98.4
31-May 89.7 113 145 78.9 91.2 71.69 99
06-Jun 90.1 TBA Week Off 77 90.76 72.57 99
13-Jun 89 114 144.2   90.35 72.1  
21-Jun 89 113 143.8   85.57 70.84 98.1
28-Jun 89.4   TBA 78.9 88.9 TBA TBA

loss/gain 0.4 -113     3.33    
Caprica 86.72 0.00   76.53 86.23    

It looks like my target of 86Kg by the time we go to France next friday is not going to happen, I still intend to fall off the weightloss wagon in spectacular style. Tim2 has set the bar.

The next update to the spreadsheet will be 19th July...or thereabouts

143.4 for me ta!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

71 .67 today please Shadow.

Apologies for missing a week - we have a new addition in the family ☺so I missed a week of exercise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Niels said:

71 .67 today please Shadow.

Apologies for missing a week - we have a new addition in the family ☺so I missed a week of exercise.

Congratulations?

• Thanks 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Thank you Bob that is very kind of you.

Yes grandfather now 😊

Congratulations!!!

• Thanks 1

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Bob8 Canabull Niels
23-May 90.5 113 145.4   91.63 71.24
31-May 89.7 113 145 78.9 91.2 71.69
06-Jun 90.1 TBA Week Off 77 90.76 72.57
13-Jun 89 114 144.2   90.35 72.1
21-Jun 89 113 143.8   85.57 70.84
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 78.9 88.9 71.67

loss/gain 0.4 0 -0.4 78.9 3.33 0.83
Caprica 86.72 109.61 139.10 76.53 86.23 69.52

Updated.

Into the 142's this week, so well over 2 stone gone now.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

142.5 this week.  I know there won't be a table, but just showing off!

Back down to 195lbs after the rebound, basically back onto the previous trend.  Next goal being 189lbs and the 40lbs lost mark.

• Like 1

99.2 today... I had a feeling stopping vaping would have a not great effect but I think long term I'll obviously benefit. Also buy a pizza oven didn't help!!!

On a more proactive note, I've gone back to having home made smoothies for breakfast in my nutri bullet, made from spinach, blackcurrants, strawberries, a handful of oats, protein powder and almond milk (and a tiny drop of vanilla essence). Usually this is one of things that puts me on the right track for the day.

Edited by RidingPie
  • Like 2

190.4 lbs this week.  Had some bad news about deterioration in another part of the spine, rather the pelvis and the SI joint.  Been eating the good (or bad depending on how you look at them) painkillers for over a week now and not eating much due to that, hence the loss.  Still going to try and use it and not bounce back too much, it is what it is.  Hurting more mentally really because of this than physically. 

• Like 2

141.4 today.  Hopefully into the 140's by Sunday when I am off on another long walk.  Not many hills, but some big miles in the first 2 days (15 and 16 estimated).  

• Like 1

The progress on this thread is great. With weight loss perhaps, but more importantly for motivation in my mind and actual fitness rather than weight.

99.5 today 😞

Thought I might be going the right way this week, turns out I wasn't. Still not vaping or smoking though and still not wanting to. Barring yesterday's little rant at Saintlass (which she did deserve) I haven't been too grumpy about anything either. 

Swimming is still good and I'm getting more veggies in my diet. I'm quite surprised I went up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

99.5 today 😞

Thought I might be going the right way this week, turns out I wasn't. Still not vaping or smoking though and still not wanting to. Barring yesterday's little rant at Saintlass (which she did deserve) I haven't been too grumpy about anything either. 

Swimming is still good and I'm getting more veggies in my diet. I'm quite surprised I went up.

If the reason is not smoking, then it is worth it. So well done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

If the reason is not smoking, then it is worth it. So well done.

It's been about a month on that one so I'm determined to get that particular monkey off my back. 

Thanks for the boost though always nice to hear someone say (or type) it.

• Like 1

On 10 July 2019 at 23:48, CanaBull said:

190.4 lbs this week.  Had some bad news about deterioration in another part of the spine, rather the pelvis and the SI joint.  Been eating the good (or bad depending on how you look at them) painkillers for over a week now and not eating much due to that, hence the loss.  Still going to try and use it and not bounce back too much, it is what it is.  Hurting more mentally really because of this than physically. 

Im debating whether i should join the online program i was in before my injury. Scared i'll do it again though...