Sign in to follow this  
Bob8

Fitness Thread

184lbs this week.  2.5 lbs down from last week and 4lbs away from my goal.  Got hurt last Thursday but got mad instead.  Used the meds and walked as much as I could over the last four days, it keeps the lumbar muscles loosened up so I think I staved off the worst of what it could be and what it has been in the past.  Nothing over mixed ground, just on the flat and kept going.  When I totted it up last night it was just over 67kms.

Went to boxing training. Finished a shaking and vulnerable mess. This is entirely the fault of @Steve May.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels Riding Pie
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 88.9 71.67 TBA
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4 86.36 72.1 99.5
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 85.09 72.12 99.5
01-Aug 88.2   141.2 84.6 72.12 TBA
09-Aug 88.1 113 TBA 83.46 TBA TBA

loss/gain -0.6 -113 -0.2 -0.49 0 TBA
Mongo 85.46 109.61 TBA 80.96 TBA TBA

Overall Change -5.4 -3 -15.3 -15.42 -0.45 -0.7

141.8 🤐😫😪

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels Riding Pie
28-Jun 89.4 113 143.4 88.9 71.67 TBA
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4 86.36 72.1 99.5
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 85.09 72.12 99.5
01-Aug 88.2   141.2 84.6 72.12 TBA
09-Aug 88.1 113 141.8 83.46 TBA TBA

loss/gain -0.1 0 0.6 -1.14 0 TBA
Mongo 85.46 109.61 TBA 80.96 TBA TBA

Overall Change -5.4 -3 -15.3 -15.42 -0.45 -0.7

182.5 lbs this morning.  Walked 15 kms last night (61kms over the week) and, after some tweaks to my bracing, that was interspersed with about 500m of jogging in 10-20m intervals.  Seemingly no ill effects this morning, so maybe enough weight has been dropped now to ease the stress on the spine.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

141.6.  The mojo has left the building.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

141.6.  The mojo has left the building.  

This is Fitness Thread, not weight. 

How has the walking been going?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

59 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

How has the walking been going?

Fairly good to be honest, the miles getting done in the week, so its not all bad.  

• Like 2

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

Fairly good to be honest, the miles getting done in the week, so its not all bad.  

Good stuff. Fitness is more important. Being your size and doing lots of walking will mean you have some serious leg muscles. 

5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Good stuff. Fitness is more important. Being your size and doing lots of walking will mean you have some serious leg muscles. 

It's fairly interlinked for me, and 'head fitness' more so!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It's fairly interlinked for me, and 'head fitness' more so!

Can't agree with this enough; mental health, physical health, weight, attitude all part of one circle.  I don't think with me anything has got any easier, but I have figured out ways to withstand or drive through more though.  No short cuts, no hacks, just hard graft.  Still beats me from time to time, but even those times I still try to get out and at least go through the motions; less distance, slower etc.  The frustrations get to me less frequently these days, but I've found them more intense when they do.

• Like 5

On 15/08/2019 at 06:43, Bob8 said:

Just as well, as I have dropped back to being a lardy tub-bucket. Albeit one who has (genuinely) managed to lose the scales whilst we had some building work going on so can't tell you by exactly how much.

However, The Pain (TM) does now finally, after several false dawns, seem to have gone. I 'ran' the Lydd 10k in 61 minutes, slower than I'd have liked but then I, like everyone else, wasn't expecting such a humid and draining morning. Lydd is normally windy and fresh. This week, I've been out for a circuit of Alexandra Park and a run from the Azur to Galley Hill and back (I'll assume that everyone knows where these are and how far that is). Tomorrow is parkrun, my 42nd overall. Since The Pain (TM), I haven't gone under 27 minutes, so I'm trying for that assuming there's no ridiculous headwind or bottleneck.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Jogged 3x100m and 20x50m intervals going between the lampposts last night on my usual walking route to, from and around a local park.  Beyond the usual issues nothing bad seems to be coming up so I'm getting a bit giddy! LOL  Knocking on wood with crossed fingers.

• Like 4

On 16/08/2019 at 08:15, gingerjon said:

Just as well, as I have dropped back to being a lardy tub-bucket. Albeit one who has (genuinely) managed to lose the scales whilst we had some building work going on so can't tell you by exactly how much.

However, The Pain (TM) does now finally, after several false dawns, seem to have gone. I 'ran' the Lydd 10k in 61 minutes, slower than I'd have liked but then I, like everyone else, wasn't expecting such a humid and draining morning. Lydd is normally windy and fresh. This week, I've been out for a circuit of Alexandra Park and a run from the Azur to Galley Hill and back (I'll assume that everyone knows where these are and how far that is). Tomorrow is parkrun, my 42nd overall. Since The Pain (TM), I haven't gone under 27 minutes, so I'm trying for that assuming there's no ridiculous headwind or bottleneck.

And ... achieved. Official time of 25:56. I will absolutely take that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Date Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Canabull Niels
18-Jul 89.2 113 141.4 86.36 72.1
26-Jul 88.8 113 141.4 85.09 72.12
01-Aug 88.2   141.2 84.6 72.12
09-Aug 88.1 113 141.8 83.46 TBA
16-Aug 88.2 113 141.6 83.91 74

loss/gain 0.1 0 -0.2 0.45 1.88
Mongo 85.46 109.61 TBA 80.96 TBA

Overall Change -5.3 -3 -14.9 -14.97 1.43
Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 22:33, Shadow said:

Noted.

How's the new job going?

Not bad thanks. Flexibility that allows me to take 90 min dinners equals no excuse not to exercise! 

Hows the running?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Not bad thanks. Flexibility that allows me to take 90 min dinners equals no excuse not to exercise! 

Hows the running?

It's building up nicely thanks, three times a week, aiming to get to 10k each session. Have knocked 2 minutes off the 5k time in the past 2 weeks

• Like 1