Yorkshire Cup Final

Batley Bob

The more online tickets we sell the more turnstiles will be needed to scan.

At the York game we had a crowd of 786 including 118 online tickets. We had 8 turnstiles open including the online one. In rough figures that is an average 100 per turnstile so only problem could be online ticket purchases coming at last minute hence queue.

This week should be 10 turnstiles open and trying to sort scanning on “Ticket” turnstile on each block if we can. Clearly if we sell 500 online tickets we will need more than one turnstile to cope.

However it is same at any event anywhere if you turn up near start you have got to prepare to queue. Secret is to turn up early.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Mark Wilson, I think you've missed the whole point of this competition; It was arranged as much to keep out SL clubs as anything else, to show them and the RFL that there is life and organisation outside of SL. I for one don't want SL sides in it, or else it's something else that a championship club can't win,  SL has far too big a say in the game anyway. Seeing as SL has now become a separate entity to the RFL, I would also withdraw invitation to SL sides to the Challenge Cup,  as it is a competition run by the RFL, not SL.

...also Kev is quite correct in his explanation; It clearly says which turnstile to use on the ticket, thstturbstije happens to be the first thing that you see off the club walking down Heritage Way, so for even home fans to say they don't know which it is is a little disconcerting!! Also, as we know, the club's match day operations are mainly run by a volunteer force who get little recognition from fans, who clearly just prefer to turn up and complain. More turnstiles means more volunteers needed with the boys to handle the tech. If you're so bothered, give Paul a ring, I'm sure he could use you....

2 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Been a nightmare trying to buy tickets online. Kept saying I didn't have an account and kicking me out. Finally purchased them and now it won't download to my phone. Losing the will to live.

bring back cash is king....and pay on the day

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Credit where it is due, this is going to be an excellent day. The revitalising of any form of Yorkshire Cup competition has been refreshing and impressive. Well done to all concerned. 

I shall be bringing the family along today to see what it is all about. At £26.40 for two adults and two kids (pre-sale, online price), the penny also seems to have dropped about the value of Championship RL to those who are not regular attenders. I am more excited about this game than any during the whole of last year - of which I attended none. It is a pre-season friendly in disguise, but it works for me more than the over-priced 'meaningful' matches in the regular season.

There's perhaps a message there, but that's for another day. See you at the Mount. 

Archived