Wigan 26th Jan

NWDuk

7 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Am I missing something here ? Get in at 12:55 , save your £5 and watch two games !!!

You could even have a pint in the raiders bar with your saving 

Yes.

Some people have nor cant commit 5 hours free on a Saturday. Especially people with full time working hours mon-fri. 

I thought the idea of selling last years shirts were brilliant last week.

If a few dont sell they could do an additional half time draw to get the most out of selling the draw tickets

I think a similar thing or a merch bit on the way in might sell a few bobble hats?

The kids free is excellent too one of the best initiatives in a long time. 

This is only all an opinion and I think thats what this forum is for. Giving indirect feedback to help the club grow and be the success that all on the forum want.? 

Steve (the man), if you have been sold a duck about whos playing thats no fault of yours and for a full wigan team £15 would have been . The work is great and i just thought enhancing thst umbilical between Barrow and the amateur clubs (like the millom reference) would have just helped. 

Just an opinion. 

I don't think the squad announcement will have a massive effect. Nobody really expected the first team and anyone who was on the fence probably wouldn't have gone looking or seen Wigans announcement.

It might have helped us in terms of travelling fans, if they hadnt announced the squad in advance. However, I still know a few people who are travelling up.

Yeah, get the bobble hat stall out... I'll buy one for the toulouse trip

Bring your waterproofs folks... It's gunna be a wet one

Well done both teams, poor conditions made a good forward battle, thought barrow putting charnock to loose forward in the 2nd half and keeping carter in the Half's was a good option in the conditions, well done the coaching staff.charnock getting a yellow card was a shame but the lad got stuck in.

48 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Well done both teams, poor conditions made a good forward battle, thought barrow putting charnock to loose forward in the 2nd half and keeping carter in the Half's was a good option in the conditions, well done the coaching staff.charnock getting a yellow card was a shame but the lad got stuck in.

Was it not Aspinwall who got yellow? Might be completely wrong you couldn't make out who was who in the conditions. 

Holding any Wigan side to a draw in any conditions should be a good confidence booster for the lads.

Crowd was a bit underwhelming but....

1) I think I was expecting too much for a friendly

2) the weather was some of the worst I've ever seen.

Hopefully the 2261 attendance will put a bit extra in the bank. 

Shame we're not playing Toronto next week. I reckon, with a bit of watering, the pitch will be just about right for them

There was damn sight more than 2261 there today, makes you wonder if that was paying spectators? I'd say there was knocking on 3000 there.

Got to agree on the Dallimore comment, been pretty poor in all 3 games so far. Don't think Charnock has been much better, but he has moved around a bit so won't help. Think I'd go with Carter and Johnston in the halves for game at Batley. 

Forwards were outstanding, Walker and Riley have started the season on fire.

When the pitches firm up a bit I think Barrow will take some stopping personally. 

1 hour ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

There was damn sight more than 2261 there today, makes you wonder if that was paying spectators? I'd say there was knocking on 3000 there.

Got to agree on the Dallimore comment, been pretty poor in all 3 games so far. Don't think Charnock has been much better, but he has moved around a bit so won't help. Think I'd go with Carter and Johnston in the halves for game at Batley. 

Forwards were outstanding, Walker and Riley have started the season on fire.

When the pitches firm up a bit I think Barrow will take some stopping personally. 

Carter and Johnston would be targetted and ran all over. They are the lads will benefit from the challenge cup vs lower opposition, the 1985 cup and the lower 2 or 3 teams in the league.

Its like Cresta did with the toals, kaighan and the likes before that and many countless others.

He used mossop as an understudy to ellis whilst he learned a while back and look at the rewards it reaped.

Cresta has them in the squad to learn and be there if needed. Dallimore is a good player but kicking could be better. 

Charnock has been poor but been out of position. He should/could have been at 7 practicing his kicking game for 3 matches to allow him to kick the ground running v Batley. 

Cant be helped though.positives tho, Some minutes under the belt for all , no major injuries. Good attendance. 

Pre season.... 7.5/10 I would say. 

Dallimore is so slow doesn’t create anything and doesn’t offer much more than goal kicks . Gonna be a tough year if he is first choice half back . Carter is miles ahead of him in terms of rugby brain and kicking 

Dalli is a stone over weight even a blind man can see that.

Not a chance he is left out when on it he is class.

Carter definately is knocking on the door but needs to be introduced at the right time I m o.

If he is going to play it's in Charnocks place not been over impressed with him.

Walker & Jono Smith are beasts & can't wait for the ground to get harder these 2 are going to take some stopping.

Good effort for those who turned up today, the heavens certainly opened at the wrong time today as 3-3500 would have showed up if dry.

Back to bread & butter now going to be a tough start at Batley but you never know.

Good luck Barrow & Cresta...

great game today in the conditions....big up all the players today

I think Charnock has been top notch in the last 2 games and his defence has been outstanding

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

30 minutes ago, Raider94 said:

Where have you been for the past 2 seasons olray? Dont mind him not being at his best in preseason, sure he will come up with the goods once again once we get into it. 

THIS.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

In the modern game the mantra is " defence wins matches"

Today was a throwback to the old fashioned game. The key was playing in the opponents half. Whoever had the ball there was likely to make a mistake.I thought Wigan were better at grasping that fact . Penalties against the Raiders either fairly or infairly put us on the back foot far too often.

Dalli has not hit the heights in these pre season friendlies because the pack has not given him the platform to do so. Against Oldham we were terrible. Against Whitehaven we were much better. Then today we showed real resilience.

We nullified Escare and Sammut, two players who can destroy Superleague opposition.

I am not sure what the crowd was today . I know quite a few Wiganers made the trip up and I hope they took the opportunity to nip to Devon St to try the Worlds Best Meat and Potato Pie (Greens )... for Pete's sake, they are sponsors..get their pies into the snack bars). But, more than that I hope the floating Barrow supporters will recognise that it they that are the key to pushing us upwards and onwards. Please come in the sunny summer afternoons. YOU can push us upwards and onwards

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Me and my lad thoroughly enjoyed the game, old style game played in typical winter condtions, thought our pack was immense esp Walker, Riley Jono and the PNG hooker Puara all ran the ball in all day and tackled there hearts out, against a much bigger Wigan pack who were to a man much bigger than ours. I remember playing every week in condions like that when rugby was played in the winter couldn't tell who was who in the end. Well done to both clubs for a great day especially the Chairman PG. Hope the pitch recovers quickly such a shame so early in the season.

richiekeay.gif

Archived