Correct ticket reminder

hrtbps

5 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Is it the case again this year that season ticket holders must produce their season ticket booklet to gain entry and not just the torn out relevant ticket?

I’d have thought so!!

Im Fev and im proud

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Squidward said:

Rovers, just reduce the bottles of water to £1 and put me and my likeminded colleagues out of our misery. Those who need water, medically or just because they're thirsty can't grumble knowing that they are paying towards the next signing out of that princely sum (even though you can buy the equivalent, in bulk, at about eight and a half pence at Dransfields according to some outraged correspondents)

For those who have that rare medical condition requiring them to consume something warm every two hours of each day I'm afraid you will literally be taking your life in your hands continuing to support the club. A price worth paying for some martyrs who object to paying a few quid for some chips. For the others who object to the thorough body searching and frisking by the 'Gestapo' which they now have to endure at each home game try having a biscuit or an apple/banana before going in. I bet you will make it back home without wasting away when you can eat some proper food than that being forced on you at the ground.

Out of interest, how many of those affronted by the Clubs decision have visited another much bigger commercial entertainment complex, Disneyland Paris? The All Stars can compare some proper searching, proper fast food choices, proper food prices and proper Gestapo control when you are incarcerated for the day not just two hours.

Theres a game on Sunday by the way.

You can take food and drink into Disney land Paris or you could other year when i went,most people make sandwiches at the hotel buffet and take them in, as seen on trip adviser 

so tell the all stars to take a snap box or a bank loan 

16 hours ago, paff said:

You can take food and drink into Disney land Paris or you could other year when i went,most people make sandwiches at the hotel buffet and take them in, as seen on trip adviser 

so tell the all stars to take a snap box or a bank loan 

I stand corrected paff. You can indeed take snap into this theme park, or at least it is not banned under their own rules. When we visited a few years ago we received unofficial verbal warnings from a few people and read tales of food confiscation on social media. We visited from just outside Paris though and were not stopping at a  village hotel otherwise we would have followed the others in wrapping a few croissants in serviettes.

It might still be of interest however to some that unlike Disneyland Paris, the Fev Gestapo haven't yet banned anyone on roller skates from taking a folding chair into the ground.

7 hours ago, Squidward said:

I stand corrected paff. You can indeed take snap into this theme park, or at least it is not banned under their own rules. When we visited a few years ago we received unofficial verbal warnings from a few people and read tales of food confiscation on social media. We visited from just outside Paris though and were not stopping at a  village hotel otherwise we would have followed the others in wrapping a few croissants in serviettes.

It might still be of interest however to some that unlike Disneyland Paris, the Fev Gestapo haven't yet banned anyone on roller skates from taking a folding chair into the ground.

We stayed in one of the cheaper Disney hotels called Santa Fe,and when we went for the Buffet at breakfast our lass said make some sandwiches to take and i said i dont feel right but when i looked round everyone was doing it so by the 3rd day the kids were putting an order in ha 

could you imagine if they stopped people in France taking what they wanted with them ,they would all be on strike and blockades everywhere 

Just been told from Geoff Burrow of the GMB That they are not sponsoring Fev this year  which is a big disappointment for me as even though I pay in at the Turnstile every home match , I as a a GMB member and  have been getting two free tickets for every Home match for the last four years which I would generally pass on to my sons.Just letting everyone know who are a GMB member this fantastic gift is not available anymore.

20 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Just been told from Geoff Burrow of the GMB That they are not sponsoring Fev this year  which is a big disappointment for me as even though I pay in at the Turnstile every home match , I as a a GMB member and  have been getting two free tickets for every Home match for the last four years which I would generally pass on to my sons.Just letting everyone know who are a GMB member this fantastic gift is not available anymore.

And there’s me moaning about the price of water!

Looks like Longo's been reading this thread. ?

“Support the team from the stands rather than behind a mobile device. [...] Bring a friend on Sunday, buy a pint and enjoy what is set to be a great occasion.”

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/supporters-businesses-have-a-crucial-role-longo-wLRFj

7 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

Looks like Longo's been reading this thread. ?

“Support the team from the stands rather than behind a mobile device. [...] Bring a friend on Sunday, buy a pint and enjoy what is set to be a great occasion.”

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/supporters-businesses-have-a-crucial-role-longo-wLRFj

Can't fault ANYTHING in that statement.

7 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Can't fault ANYTHING in that statement.

You'd think 2500 was extremely achievable. I do wonder how sales of early bird season tickets were affected by the uncertainty and upheaval of the squad and coaching roles around October, when prices were at their lowest. 

3 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

You'd think 2500 was extremely achievable. I do wonder how sales of early bird season tickets were affected by the uncertainty and upheaval of the squad and coaching roles around October, when prices were at their lowest. 

In a weird way it poor season ticket sales overall may be a bonus now, assuming regular attendees threw a wobbler and didn't get a season ticket but will still attend every game this year.

Instead of paying the £150 offer price, which works out at £11.50 per home game as near as damn it, they attend and pay the early bird £18 a game price then the club stands to gain a fair wad from each supporter.

I got a season ticket this season for a change so I am saving £6.50 per game on last year, I might even buy myself a Bovril and a pastie at half time this year!

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Yep I’m a GMB member too and heard a while ago that they weren’t sponsoring this year, and you’re very lucky to have received two tickets for every home game for that amount of time as I know they were like gold dust 

Im Fev and im proud

21 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Tight wad!!!??????

43 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

Yep I’m a GMB member too and heard a while ago that they weren’t sponsoring this year, and you’re very lucky to have received two tickets for every home game for that amount of time as I know they were like gold dust 

No wonder we are always skint,giving tickets away.

29 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

No wonder we are always skint,giving tickets away.

The GMB pay for the tickets with different kinds of sponsorship 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

Yes I even got two tickets for the play off games by texting the head man Michael Smith. Sadly all good things come to an end.

4 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Yes I even got two tickets for the play off games by texting the head man Michael Smith. Sadly all good things come to an end.

That’s their hospitality gone too, they’ll have to pay now 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I might even buy myself a Bovril and a pastie at half time this year!

Make sure they've got the 'Microwaved at PO Road' logo stamped on them, otherwise those specially trained club seagulls that live in the East Stand will be coming to have them away. ?

Just a tip , I have had always roughly £36 in tickets for every home match plus play offs for 4 years for paying out of my wage £3.60 WOW value for money.You don’t have to work to be in a Union as they provide financial help whether it be pensions etc and legal advice plus they have given me life insurance all for a measly sum . What I suggest even though it will cut my own throat for saying it but for eg if Unite Union or some other Union sponsor Fev next season all join up as I will be switching and save a fortune.I feel like Martin Lewis ??

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, Blue Pike said:

Yes for me it’s about getting the best players on the pitch at the end of the day. I have a good wet before the home matches and could simply stay in the White House or Last Orders supping cheaper beer than the Club House but I go over half hour before the game starts and buy two pinters in the Club House. That is a small price I pay to the Club to give them a little bit of income 

Aye, when thy has been getting freebies for the past 4 years it's the least you can do!

Hope you are not going to have to make cut backs now or else the club will be in serious trouble.

18 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Aye, when thy has been getting freebies for the past 4 years it's the least you can do!

Hope you are not going to have to make cut backs now or else the club will be in serious trouble.

I think one as shot oneself in the foot so too speak ???

Im Fev and im proud

7 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think you missed or conveniently chose to miss my earlier post of me paying in at the turnstile regardless of getting the tickets as I generally pass them on to my sons or son and partner therefore giving the Club its income AND entering the Clubhouse earlier.This GMB offer has been in place sanctioned by our Club after receiving large funds contributed by us the members so Please don’t make me out to be a skinflint which I am not.

The thing is though that when people on this particular thread have been raising legitimate concerns about the cost of attending games and the cost of refreshments, they may feel a little aggrieved by posts from someone claiming that in the last 4 years they have received approximately £2000 worth of free tickets (£36 x 14 games x 4 years), and if the opportunity arose would merrily do so again, it may not sit right with them. Maybe sometimes certain things should be left unsaid?

As this thread is entitled 'Correct Ticket Reminder' I also hope whoever you have given your free tickets to this week, if you have done so, bring their valid GMB union membership cards in case the ticket gestapo do some checking.

22 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

The thing is though that when people on this particular thread have been raising legitimate concerns about the cost of attending games and the cost of refreshments, they may feel a little aggrieved by posts from someone claiming that in the last 4 years they have received approximately £2000 worth of free tickets (£36 x 14 games x 4 years), and if the opportunity arose would merrily do so again, it may not sit right with them. Maybe sometimes certain things should be left unsaid?

As this thread is entitled 'Correct Ticket Reminder' I also hope whoever you have given your free tickets to this week, if you have done so, bring their valid GMB union membership cards in case the ticket gestapo do some checking.

The GMB no longer sponsoring so no more “free” tickets from that source available 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived