Nou Camp

4 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hopefully some deal has been struck with Barcelona FC, such as they keep 50% of revenue from tickets sold through them.

Barcelona FC have 29 million twitter followers, that’s over 150 times more than the number Leeds have. Leeds have the most followers of any RL club. A small amount of promotion from Barcelona, such as a couple of tweets to sales on their website, could easily see say 20,000 tickets sold. 

You really think a couple of tweets from FCB would easily sell 20k tickets?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I think we should reign ourselves in here from talk of 40,000 - 50,000 fans.

The last game Catalans game in Barcelona against Warrington, albeit 10 years ago, drew a crowd of 19,000 or so. The fact that Catalans are now the cup holders, have had a decade to grow their brand, are playing the Super League champions (that stuck in the throat) and are at Nou Camp should draw an increase, but is unlikely to double or treble the crowd.

I'd be happy enough to see the regular season record of 25,004 broken for now. This would still be double the capacity of Stade Gilbert Brutus, and Catalans highest home crowd. I worry that, if we get a crowd of around that figure, many fans will be critical, due to their over-ambitious targets, potentially jeopardising future games at the Nou Camp.

It would be in years to come, hopefully once this is established as an annual May game at the Nou Camp that we could see further incremental growth into the 30,000 + mark.

Here's just hoping Catalans do go back, and it isn't left for another decade, or as is often the case in rugby league, we never go back at all.

6 hours ago, Chris22 said:

I think we should reign ourselves in here from talk of 40,000 - 50,000 fans.

The last game Catalans game in Barcelona against Warrington, albeit 10 years ago, drew a crowd of 19,000 or so. The fact that Catalans are now the cup holders, have had a decade to grow their brand, are playing the Super League champions (that stuck in the throat) and are at Nou Camp should draw an increase, but is unlikely to double or treble the crowd.

I'd be happy enough to see the regular season record of 25,004 broken for now. This would still be double the capacity of Stade Gilbert Brutus, and Catalans highest home crowd. I worry that, if we get a crowd of around that figure, many fans will be critical, due to their over-ambitious targets, potentially jeopardising future games at the Nou Camp.

It would be in years to come, hopefully once this is established as an annual May game at the Nou Camp that we could see further incremental growth into the 30,000 + mark.

Here's just hoping Catalans do go back, and it isn't left for another decade, or as is often the case in rugby league, we never go back at all.

I think you severely underestimate the prestige and attraction of playing at the Nou Camp to French and English RL fans alike. That is before you even consider the amount of Barcelona fans or floating person in the locality that may give the game a try.

6 minutes ago, Sparse Attendance said:

is there any promotion in Barcelona for the game or is it being done in Redhall style ?. 

If marketed properly in Barcelona it could get a good crowd. 30k would be good. If you think 50k wake up!

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hopefully some deal has been struck with Barcelona FC, such as they keep 50% of revenue from tickets sold through them.

Barcelona FC have 29 million twitter followers, that’s over 150 times more than the number Leeds have. Leeds have the most followers of any RL club. A small amount of promotion from Barcelona, such as a couple of tweets to sales on their website, could easily see say 20,000 tickets sold. 

Have you intervened on this one Kev? To encourage the two clubs to speak to Barcelona on this very subject?

8 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

A lot of ifs and pie in the sky drivel here which dare I say it, has shades of the Denver experiment. I’m not setting any expectations for this fixture 

It's fair to say you've got a base 20k of fans going to this game before any neutrals or locals. 30k would be great and more than possible.

Archived