1895 Trophy

youngun

16 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I agree in most of what you say,but surely it would be better to beat Swinton so we go into Rochdale game on back of a win. I agree with the halfback,give Oscar Thomas a go can’t be any worse from what we are seeing.

It's also winning pay that won't be covered by the gate,I'd be more tempted to give a bonus for beating Rochdale ,and do the same for Rochdale away,Barrow home...we need to get hungry again

20 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

Need to win this and need to win it badly. Forget the dizzy heights  of Wembley .The team needs to get back to the mentality they had at fev and widnes.  Win this and we get a lift for Barrow and Rochdale.

Completely agree ... losing is a habit .. we have forgotten how to win !  So I don't care if its a pointless trophy we just need to win .. to build a bit of confidence and momentum for the Rochdale game! .... winning is a habit too!

17 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I agree in most of what you say,but surely it would be better to beat Swinton so we go into Rochdale game on back of a win. I agree with the halfback,give Oscar Thomas a go can’t be any worse from what we are seeing.

I think Oscar Thomas has gone to Rochdale .... shame he could have done a job for us!  Don't understand though why Swinton would loan him to Rochdale or us, for that matter, when we are all fighting for survival!

21 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Apologies it's pay for adult season tickets and free for junior season tickets

If I can prove I was at Swinton this Sunday can I get in for free?  Only seems fair after what we had to got through (again)...

17 hours ago, graham fisher said:

give Oscar Thomas a go can’t be any worse from what we are seeing.

can he play centre?  desperately need one of them too...

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

I think Oscar Thomas has gone to Rochdale .... shame he could have done a job for us!  Don't understand though why Swinton would loan him to Rochdale or us, for that matter, when we are all fighting for survival!

Sorry I meant Jacob Thomas the utility player from oz.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Sorry I meant Jacob Thomas the utility player from oz.

He was 18th man on Sunday.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Widnes away - I don't think that I will be buying any Wembley tickets after all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This tournament had got a Leigh-Widnes final written all over it.

Would be great if one of the so called smaller clubs could spoil the final.

If we can't do it, which is highly likely, would love the final between Bulldogs - Eagles to spoil the wishes of the RFL.

D8cT75iWsAAa6oI.jpeg

39 minutes ago, andyram said:

Would be great if one of the so called smaller clubs could spoil the final.

If we can't do it, which is highly likely, would love the final between Bulldogs - Eagles to spoil the wishes of the RFL.

D8cT75iWsAAa6oI.jpeg

I’d love it even better if it was a Doncaster v York final?

Nah Batley v Barrow, let's the B's have it 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, andyram said:

I remember a certain ex pro saying exactly the same thing in 2010 after the draw for the semi-final of the NRC.

Let's hope history repeats itself.

It would be nice for those clubs who have never played at Wembley before to get there, providing memories for their fans into their dotage.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It would be nice for those clubs who have never played at Wembley before to get there, providing memories for their fans into their dotage.

Indeed. Dewsbury are fortunate in having many of their current supporters who watched them the last time they played there still on the terraces.

14 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Have Dewsbury ever played at the New Wembley 

Have Batley ever played at any Wembley?

Archived