Squad builder

Fenton Knight

A few folk were asking how they could contribute to squad builder, either through one-off payments or via monthly standing order. Please find below details (in italics) from Andy Gomersall, which I have copied from the  ‘Batley at home’ thread. Grateful if someone with the necessary access could please pin this topic.

Thanks

Dave

Squad Builder can take any donations either as a one-off payment or a monthly standing order. I will provide the bank account  details to anyone who asks by email. The Squad Builder email address is ycksquadbuilderfund@yahoo.co.uk.

Andy Gomersall.

Edited by Fenton Knight
  • Like 3

James is right, we are struggling numbers wise, particularly if Jack and Graeme don’t recover in time for Sunday. I’m struggling to think who on the sick register could be ready to return. Pass the word around, the more that donate, the more it helps the club strengthen. You never know, you might just be contributing to our next big signing!

• Like 2

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

I would say that such a donation would be very generous and would prove very useful, even more so when combined with donations that other people make. I would suggest the more there is in the pot the more options James has, not just on the number of players he can bring in, but on the quality of those players too. 

• Like 2

I like the idea on the Hunslet forum where fans can take away a jar and put anything they want in to it and return it when it is full.

Presumably 1p, 2p 5p, 10p are the most popular coins that people don't want in their pockets or wallets / purses these days,

Why not run a competition over the off season to see who can fill the most jars or have the most money in a jar and the club give a prize out.

At home we put £5 a week in to an envelope when schools go back in September so have over £200 by the time August school holidays come round to spend on keeping the kids occupied for 6 weeks. Not hard to do when you can get it set up correctly.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, White Knight said:

I would say that such a donation would be very generous and would prove very useful, even more so when combined with donations that other people make. I would suggest the more there is in the pot the more options James has, not just on the number of players he can bring in, but on the quality of those players too. 

I am in no doubt that £100 would be very much appreciated indeed. But I am after an actual answer as to what sort of percent of a player £100 achieves.

12 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

I am in no doubt that £100 would be very much appreciated indeed. But I am after an actual answer as to what sort of percent of a player £100 achieves.

If a player is worth £100 then you will get 100% ownership of him.

However if he is worth £1,000 then you get to choose which 10% you want!!

?????

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

I guess it really depends on the player.

• Like 1

I’d be very surprised if many players in the Championship were on 20 grand contracts. Obviously the lads at Toronto are handsomely paid and there would be players at Toulose, Widnes, Leigh on good money. For most of the part-time teams the players get paid when they play - I know at some of the less glamorous Championship clubs some players are on £250 a game. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, davet said:

I like the idea on the Hunslet forum where fans can take away a jar and put anything they want in to it and return it when it is full.

Presumably 1p, 2p 5p, 10p are the most popular coins that people don't want in their pockets or wallets / purses these days,

Why not run a competition over the off season to see who can fill the most jars or have the most money in a jar and the club give a prize out.

At home we put £5 a week in to an envelope when schools go back in September so have over £200 by the time August school holidays come round to spend on keeping the kids occupied for 6 weeks. Not hard to do when you can get it set up correctly.

Fantastic idea, think Fev fans did a similar thing and raised a lot of cash, on a different angle they also started making jam and sold it with profits to Fev. Lots of small initiatives can add up, ‘acorns to oak trees’ comes to mind. Just needs someone to grasp it and organise 

• Like 3
andypk.gif

As regards knowing what players get paid it’s none of our business really, However every penny into SQUADBUILDER is a penny the club never had before you donated it. If you buy Pot of Gold tickets at the game it’s brilliant, however a decent percentage is given back in winnings so if you want every  penny of every pound you spend on Pot of Gold to go to SQUADBUILDER and hence the club  then donate it directly and give up your chance of winning. 

of course I understand for some the prize pot of £200 ish most weeks is a really nice chunk of cash and could make a lot of difference as a bonus which  is fine as well. 

Think the thing is donate whatever you can afford whenever you can afford it, it’s all relative. 

• Like 4
andypk.gif

51 minutes ago, White Knight said:

So, any thoughts as to what the news will be mid day? The tweet doesn’t specifically say new signing but mentions news! 

It's actual wording say's team new's on the horizon could mean anything ?