New York backers revealed..

13 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Let me guess,  your next post is going to include the phrase "oil and water" ?

The  facts are the facts.  The likes of Toronto and New York being in a new transatlantic league separate from the existing structure which leaves the traditional clubs and their quaint dependence on away fans where they are would be the best outcome for everyone.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

The  facts are the facts.  The likes of Toronto and New York being in a new transatlantic league separate from the existing structure which leaves the traditional clubs and their quaint dependence on away fans where they are would be the best outcome for everyone.

It’s just a touch disingenuous to take this stance.  Smaller clubs in the UK wouldn’t want to or haven’t got the budget to compete in such a league anyway.  Even the most staunch anti expansionists on here would agree that.

Seems quite clear, from Elstone’s recent release that SL are still not too sure and are waiting to see what external clubs can bring to the game.  We’ve seen club chairman take control of SL and away from the RFL so they are now in a very strong position, certainly stronger that they were when TWP were first accepted.  

Some clubs haven’t been afraid to go outside of SL or be innovative, but the bottom line, imo, will be hard cash from TV and sponsorship.  They have a lot to learn and have a lot to give too.  These things need strong relationships that work together but just dissing lower league and poorer SL clubs could backfire easily.  

19 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

How're things going on Justin's watch?

Very well...I would say he is doing a good job but there is room for some improvement.  We are lucky to have him at this time in history.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

We are lucky to have him at this time in history.

Ye but he's no Donald Trump is he?

And the fact he's mentioned on here must mean he's one of the NY backers!

Magic, if slightly unpatriotic of him though.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

39 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Ye but he's no Donald Trump is he?

And the fact he's mentioned on here must mean he's one of the NY backers!

Magic, if slightly unpatriotic of him though.

Thank God he is no Donald....he lives in Ottawa so he is probably backing them.  He is a good fellow.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Very well...I would say he is doing a good job but there is room for some improvement.  We are lucky to have him at this time in history.

Who's Justin? Have I missed something?

2 hours ago, Manx RL said:

Think Canadian version of Theresa May

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

But with less charisma. Well he is Canadian after all.

57 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Then he's probably very lonely in this world.

Crazy talk...totally off base.

I think we should move all M62 rugby league clubs then have the following The World Super League of Rugby League:

Shanghai

Beijing

Seoul

Mumbai

Moscow 

Tokyo

Mexico City

Manila

Istanbul

Dhaka

Karachi

Wigan

Where would the players come from, you ask? Doesn’t matter. They’ll learn.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

How're things going on Justin's watch?

Fine thanks

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

So this "Canada " is like,a real country? With presidents and people and cars and all the normal stuff?

No, we have a Prime Minister. 

There is a very, very famous ad...it came out as a beer commercial but became the  most popular commercial in Canadian history and part of the fabric of the society....  part of what we call Canadiana...if you understand it you sort of understand part of what being a Canadian is all about. I've up loaded it here...worth a view...is very funny (to Canadians)!!!!!  Not too long either.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No, we have a Prime Minister. 

There is a very, very famous ad...it came out as a beer commercial but became the  most popular commercial in Canadian history and part of the fabric of the society....  part of what we call Canadiana...if you understand it you sort of understand part of what being a Canadian is all about. I've up loaded it here...worth a view...is very funny (to Canadians)!!!!!  Not too long either.

I’m not Canadian so there’s no point in me watching it because I won’t find it funny.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I’m not Canadian so there’s no point in me watching it because I won’t find it funny.

Glad to see you have an open mind and are always willing to learn new things.

Archived