Leigh game

UpTheRaiders

Better side lost according to pretty much ever Leigh fan who came over to the barrow fans. 

2 even sides in a very tightly contested game. Unfortunately game breaker was when we were 16 - 18 up we kick on the 5th and Johnston is blatantly shoulder charged, they break off the kick win a penalty and square it up. The touch judge who was 5 yards away should be dropped. 

The turnaround from the side needs to be comendended. They were absolutely superb. 

You should be proud of your guys. There might have been nothing in it, scorewise, but most of us thought you were the better team. Your boys were applauded off the pitch, by both sets of fans. Well done - now please beat Toulouse for us next weekend!

26 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Best team lost definitely....how the hell are you guys 13th in the Championship !??!

Horrendous luck with injuries certainly hasn’t helped! Now we’ve managed to get a consistent team out for the last few weeks with some fresh signings and things are finally starting to click!

You can say that again....

1 minute ago, Barroooww said:

Horrendous luck with injuries certainly hasn’t helped! Now we’ve managed to get a consistent team out for the last few weeks with some fresh signings and things are finally starting to click!

great performance from what Ive heard ...

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

No good patting each other on the back for a good performances... This barrow squad is capable of competing and beating teams in the top five of this division, They should have won last night even with a make shift back line, acting halves and halfbacks , It must be back in Carters Workington days when he last played at 6. Even so it took the grace of Hewer to deny them victory and possibly a little bit of luck for Leigh , who by the way were not resting many and drafted in some fairly useful replacements. The Barrow team should be filthy that they didn't win and not accepting just that they played well. back it up on Sunday and Toulouse will have a game on their hands.  very enjoyable game apart from the last 5 minutes and I hope Widnes stick it to them in the semi because their support is full of gobby little Shites 

20 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

No good patting each other on the back for a good performances... This barrow squad is capable of competing and beating teams in the top five of this division, They should have won last night even with a make shift back line, acting halves and halfbacks , It must be back in Carters Workington days when he last played at 6. Even so it took the grace of Hewer to deny them victory and possibly a little bit of luck for Leigh , who by the way were not resting many and drafted in some fairly useful replacements. The Barrow team should be filthy that they didn't win and not accepting just that they played well. back it up on Sunday and Toulouse will have a game on their hands.  very enjoyable game apart from the last 5 minutes and I hope Widnes stick it to them in the semi because their support is full of gobby little Shites 

Well, I think you'll find that most of us on here, have been fulsome in our praise of Barrow, as was John Duffy after the game. Also, did you see the Leigh fans down by the tunnel, applauding Barrow off? Of course, I could say that I hope Toulouse work it right up you on Sunday,...………………… except we would rather like you to beat them!?

19 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Well, I think you'll find that most of us on here, have been fulsome in our praise of Barrow, as was John Duffy after the game. Also, did you see the Leigh fans down by the tunnel, applauding Barrow off? Of course, I could say that I hope Toulouse work it right up you on Sunday,...………………… except we would rather like you to beat them!?

I've found leigh fans in general to be a decent bunch and seen nothing but their fans saying we deserved a win! Widnes on the other hand are the worst group of fans I've ever come across both home and away this year they were obnoxious 

2 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

I've found leigh fans in general to be a decent bunch and seen nothing but their fans saying we deserved a win! Widnes on the other hand are the worst group of fans I've ever come across both home and away this year they were obnoxious 

Agreed. Leigh fans a million miles better than the gobsh*tes I encountered at Widnes this year

Archived