7-8 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Toulouse beat York at Bootham Crescent this season so I don't think they would have been too bothered having to go and play at York. Mind you, TO have been beaten by Swinton and Bradford at home so it's not a given that they will win either.

I didn't realise Toulouse had beaten York at York - fair play, no mean feat. that. 

Before the match on Saturday afternoon I said to my dad - we are watching the team that will go up - meaning Toulouse. Real big set of lads. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Toulouse beat York at Bootham Crescent this season so I don't think they would have been too bothered having to go and play at York. Mind you, TO have been beaten by Swinton and Bradford at home so it's not a given that they will win either.

Only just and you should have seen how they celebrated at the final hooter.  They acted like they had won the Grand Final. Toulouse went there expecting to lose (no pun intended).  

4 hours ago, fairfolly said:

What is it with a section of Fev. fans? the vast majority of their fans are true R.L. fans and accept defeat knowing that decisions even out over the season, yet we have a few on this forum from Fev. who can not accept this. Only recently we have one complaining about a decision that went against them in the first game of the season.Is it any wonder that the club has a few imbeciles when one idiot posts garbage every time they lose.They need to grow up or keep away from the club and let them keep progressing without the idiots holding them back after every game they lose.

true a decision for which the RFL  sent FEV  an apology 

1 hour ago, gavin7094 said:

Only just and you should have seen how they celebrated at the final hooter.  They acted like they had won the Grand Final. Toulouse went there expecting to lose (no pun intended).  

Any team playing away and expecting to lose has already lost.  Look at what Swinton and Bradford did ! Go with a positive mind and anything is possible. I hope if York have to come to TO or go to TWP they will go with the thought that they can win otherwise they may as well stay in the sheds.

40 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

With respect to most if those York lads, they aren't household names but they're having the time of their lives.

If they don't get promoted do you think they will be able to keep the team together next season ? I know that the players are not known very well amongst the rabble but I reckon there are some coaches that have their eye on a few of them.

3 minutes ago, kiggy said:

If they don't get promoted do you think they will be able to keep the team together next season ? I know that the players are not known very well amongst the rabble but I reckon there are some coaches that have their eye on a few of them.

Of course  clubs are looking at them, bet they are also looking at Fordy

I am not having a go at York at all. They have had a superb season and thoroughly deserve to finish in the top three.I was just responding to Gavs post on how Toulouse reacted when they beat York at York exactly the way that York reacted when they beat Bradford.As for my post regarding some Fev, supporters once again we have a poster complaining about a decision that went against them in the first game of the season.Apology or not the decision went against Fev, exactly what every club will have had against them this season. The only difference is that other clubs get on with it, some Fev. supporters do not.It will be fascinating if they get a decision for them this weekend that wins them the game.Will they hold their hands up and say the decision was wrong. I think I know the answer to that.

20 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I am not having a go at York at all. They have had a superb season and thoroughly deserve to finish in the top three.I was just responding to Gavs post on how Toulouse reacted when they beat York at York exactly the way that York reacted when they beat Bradford.As for my post regarding some Fev, supporters once again we have a poster complaining about a decision that went against them in the first game of the season.Apology or not the decision went against Fev, exactly what every club will have had against them this season. The only difference is that other clubs get on with it, some Fev. supporters do not.It will be fascinating if they get a decision for them this weekend that wins them the game.Will they hold their hands up and say the decision was wrong. I think I know the answer to that.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Of course  clubs are looking at them, bet they are also looking at Fordy

Every time a SL club appoint a new coach I breathe a sigh of relief.  Today Leeds have gone with Agar.  Previously KR and Tony Smith.  That's 2 clubs who won't be poaching Fordy.

1 hour ago, gavin7094 said:

Every time a SL club appoint a new coach I breathe a sigh of relief.  Today Leeds have gone with Agar.  Previously KR and Tony Smith.  That's 2 clubs who won't be poaching Fordy.

Agar is on a 12 month rolling. The call could still come ?

13 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Do ref's not speak to touch judges anymore? He was in a much better position. 

The point of this post - was firstly to say the game was outstanding, could have gone either way. Toulouse are a brilliant attacking team, and for 50 minutes made Featherstone struggle to even score a point. 

Secondly, this disallowed try, along with the one at full time has had a huge baring on final league standings. 

This one that was held up?

Try.png

On 08/09/2019 at 13:42, kiggy said:

The Fev guy with the Cornrows, he seems to get away with a lot of naughty stuff on the sly. He got under TO's skin a bit,

I was wondering why Walters, who is one of the most mild-mannered players around was agitated on Sunday. Think we might have received a clue today...
https://www.totalrl.com/toulouse-ace-charged-for-spitting/

On 09/09/2019 at 20:20, kiggy said:

A couple maybe.  Hasn't robinson already been at saints?

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I was wondering why Walters, who is one of the most mild-mannered players around was agitated on Sunday. Think we might have received a clue today...

Yes, I've been hearing that as well. He actually called him "Putain" to his face but Walters thought he was spitting, I can understand Walters' point of view as it would seem like he did. Anyway, the video should hopefully absolve him.

On 12/09/2019 at 18:22, The Phantom Horseman said:

Stan was absolved, let's move on. 

Archived