Fri 13 Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

37 minutes ago, Jampot said:

Unfortunately that won't happen, and you surely know it.  Their crowds are far lower these days than they were even just a few years ago,  to say that they are growing is hoping against hope, they are shrinking.   "Super" League gets to keep the internationally famous big village that is Wakefield, but loses the tiny dot on the map that noone has heard of called "London".

Wow Wakey didn’t finish bottom, London did, end of! I take it you voted ‘remain’? 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London have graced Super League with distinction.

They are undoubtedly the weakest team and the weakest club with the poorest facilities and smallest support but my goodness they battled against the odds right to the end.

The four competition points against St Helens left a bad taste which artificially skewed the relegation battle but that was down to Justin Holbrook no fault of the Broncos.

The Broncos will be missed but not their ghastly bouncy plastic pitch. 

Overall a wonderful effort, sadly the whole thing passed the public of Ealing by. Never mind the City of London. 

Just now, Phil said:

So now we have only one big city club in the top tier with maybe Toronto next year if the SL let them in.

There won’t be a Manchester club in any division which leaves just Bradford, Newcastle and Coventry as city teams.

Small town clubs small time game.

ps I know Wakefield is a city but to all intents and purposes it’s just a large town

Can I point out next bottom was Hull KR (Another team from a city, and also smaller than Wakefield).

Wakefield would not have been relegated had they lost. 

14 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Wow Wakey didn’t finish bottom, London did, end of! I take it you voted ‘remain’? 

I was talking about London Broncos and the decline in their support, though you don't seem to have the brains to have perceived that.  You're bringin brexit into this why exactly?  Lol, I'm guessing from what you've posted that you're a "Brexiteer!"

4 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

London have graced Super League with distinction.

They are undoubtedly the weakest team and the weakest club with the poorest facilities and smallest support but my goodness they battled against the odds right to the end.

The four competition points against St Helens left a bad taste which artificially skewed the relegation battle but that was down to Justin Holbrook no fault of the Broncos.

The Broncos will be missed but not their ghastly bouncy plastic pitch. 

Overall a wonderful effort, sadly the whole thing passed the public of Ealing by. Never mind the City of London. 

An accurate post which sums it up for me. If George Osbourne is still the editor of the London Standard, I’m sure he’s still up sorting out the headline for tomorrow’s edition ! 

12 minutes ago, Niels said:

Can I point out next bottom was Hull KR (Another team from a city, and also smaller than Wakefield).

Wakefield would not have been relegated had they lost. 

Are you saying that Hull is smaller than Wakefield?

1 minute ago, Jampot said:

Are you saying that Hull is smaller than Wakefield?

The city is as opposed to the urban population.

To be honest, as long as Wakefield stayed up I wasn't bothered who went down. I suspect the fans with connections to the other teams felt the same.

47 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I can’t hail promotion and relegation as a success. Personally, I don’t think it is. The heavy favourite to get relegated this season has done exactly that, got relegated. Now, they may have done it in a manner that few so-called “experts” and fans predicted but they’ve still got relegated, a year after being promoted. I don’t think we’re in a position to have promotion and relegation at the minute and building top down just isn’t an approach that will see (m)any benefits for P&R. 

Nonetheless, commiserations London. You’ve been less rubbish than many expected and have been a breath of fresh air at times. 

The team that finished 2nd in the Championship last year and were huge underdogs for promotion managed to get the highest number of points for a bottom side in SL history and was joint bottom.

For me, that shows promotion worked.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

The city is as opposed to the urban population.

To be honest, as long as Wakefield stayed up I wasn't bothered who went down. I suspect the fans with connections to the other teams felt the same.

Fair play, you support your team, congratulations!  Actually, I checked the figures out after reading your post and was very surprised to see that the population figure on google comes up higher for Wakefield than Hull, with Wakefield over 300000.  That seems odd to me, other than League it's pretty much totally unknown as a place.  Are the figures skewed in some way by including suburbs etc or is it just some other bias? 

14 minutes ago, Jampot said:

Fair play, you support your team, congratulations!  Actually, I checked the figures out after reading your post and was very surprised to see that the population figure on google comes up higher for Wakefield than Hull, with Wakefield over 300000.  That seems odd to me, other than League it's pretty much totally unknown as a place.  Are the figures skewed in some way by including suburbs etc or is it just some other bias? 

Thank you for your very gracious post. 

The figure includes the five towns of Wakefield including Castleford and Featherstone. The others are Pontefract, Knottingley and Normanton. 

So yes the figures don't tell the whole story.

I do watch championship rugby so I will hopefully see London at some point next year. 

When Chris Chester says there are plans are in place for next season for Wakey i hope he means doing something about the decrepit Belle Vue and not signing some has been or never was player from the NRL.

It really is time that the RFL took Wakefield to task over Belle Vue its an embarrassment to Rugby League.

56 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

When Chris Chester says there are plans are in place for next season for Wakey i hope he means doing something about the decrepit Belle Vue and not signing some has been or never was player from the NRL.

It really is time that the RFL took Wakefield to task over Belle Vue its an embarrassment to Rugby League.

Like reducing the tv funding as punishment? 

Things are ongoing. Surveys and ground investigation have been undertaken behind the Main Stand and the North Terrace. As an aside it was nice to see it a bit fuller tonight. Hopefully the majority of that 6k will come back next year to give the club a better baseline from which to work from. 

As for London, really didn't want to go down and in fact, had Catalans managed to beat the Farts and HKR won the drop goal contest, I wouldn't have minded London winning last night. Really impressed with their effort, enthusiasm and desire and play a decent game. Their sum is definitely greater than their parts. Danny Ward seems to have something in him,  I'm sure he'll be in Super League soon.

15 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Like reducing the tv funding as punishment? 

Things are ongoing. Surveys and ground investigation have been undertaken behind the Main Stand and the North Terrace. As an aside it was nice to see it a bit fuller tonight. Hopefully the majority of that 6k will come back next year to give the club a better baseline from which to work from. 

As for London, really didn't want to go down and in fact, had Catalans managed to beat the Farts and HKR won the drop goal contest, I wouldn't have minded London winning last night. Really impressed with their effort, enthusiasm and desire and play a decent game. Their sum is definitely greater than their parts. Danny Ward seems to have something in him,  I'm sure he'll be in Super League soon.

Ever since Wakey got into Super League 20 years ago they have been proomsing a new stadium or a revamped stadium and still we wait

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Ever since Wakey got into Super League 20 years ago they have been proomsing a new stadium or a revamped stadium and still we wait

And we will still be waiting for a long time. Train at Featherstone so what's up with training at Belle Vue if it's SL standard? 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

We are the famous Wakefield Trinity.

love this club love this City

Up the Trin

First trip to Belle Vue and didn't mind it.

However, they must leave thousands a game in the pockets of fans with their concessions. Nobody bothered because there weren't any or staff didn't realise people might want a beer and took ages to serve.

Always amazed that for the sake of a few more staff on £10 an hour they don't realise they would make far more money.

Archived