Favourite 13 of all time.

We've had the greatest team thread,how about your favourite players instead.

1. Phil Ford - my first ever Leeds game he rang across from the opposite wing to catch a certain Martin Offiah,one of the few who could catch him.

2. John Bentley

3. Garry Schofield

4. Keith Senior

5. Martin Offiah

6. Danny McGuire

7. Rob Burrow

8. Brendan Hill

9. Paul Hulme

10. Paul Dixon

11. Steve Menzies

12. Jamie Peacock

13. Ellery Hanley

1. Steve Ella

2. Jason Robinson

3. Mal Meninga

4. Gene Miles

5. John "Chicka" Ferguson

6. Brett Kenny

7. Peter Sterling

8. Kevin Ward

9. Keiron Cunningham

10. Andy Platt

11. Noel Cleal

12. Kurt Sorenson

13. Ellery Hanley

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

1. Steve Ella

2. Jason Robinson

3. Mal Meninga

4. Gene Miles

5. John "Chicka" Ferguson

6. Brett Kenny

7. Peter Sterling

8. Kevin Ward

9. Keiron Cunningham

10. Andy Platt

11. Noel Cleal

12. Kurt Sorenson

13. Ellery Hanley

Wonderful selection!

Prefer Gill to Robinson but that's just my subjective opinion ?

5 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

We've had the greatest team thread,how about your favourite players instead.

1. Phil Ford - my first ever Leeds game he rang across from the opposite wing to catch a certain Martin Offiah,one of the few who could catch him.

2. John Bentley

3. Garry Schofield

4. Keith Senior

5. Martin Offiah

6. Danny McGuire

7. Rob Burrow

8. Brendan Hill

9. Paul Hulme

10. Paul Dixon

11. Steve Menzies

12. Jamie Peacock

13. Ellery Hanley

Remember that tackle by Ford.

Superb!

Was sad he left Wigan but he was part of the deal that took Ellery to Central Park...the rest is history.

48 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

1."Smokin" Joe Kilroy

2. Mark Preston

3. Gene Miles

4. Jimmy Keinhorst

5. Josh Addo-Carr

6. Chris Anderson

7. Johnathan Thurston

8. Geoff "Wildman" Robinson

9. Cam Smith

10. Shane Webcke

11. Brian Juliff

12. Ryan Hoffman

13. Dale Funicane

Has Keinhorst given you something for free? Such a strange name nestled among some big names. 

1. Bowen

2. Ikram Butt

3. Lyon

4. Newlove

5. Leo Casey (urban legend that he played on wing once)

6. Lockyer

7. Thurston

8. Morley

9. Payne

10. Peacock

11. Sculthorpe

12. Ellis

13. Tuuta

Struggled with this. My memory is awful

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1. Sam Tomkins - never seen anyone as good live as he was 2010-2013 looked forward to every match

2. Jason Robinson - no player ever got me out of my seat as much every time he got the ball

3. Steve Renouf - incredible talent

4. Greg Inglis - Nothing like him in his prime

5. Martin Offiah - finished every half chance he got, incredible pace.

6. Trent Barrett - dragged an awful Wigan team to plenty of play off semi finals when they would have been nowhere near otherwise. Great player to watch

7. Jonathan Thurston - has there ever been a better clutch moment player than Thurston? 

8. Feka Paleaaesina - no prop ever got me as excited when he would get the ball in 2007

9. Cameron Smith - rugby genius 

10. Andy Farrell - had everything 

11. Gareth Hock - excitement every time he got the ball

12. Gordon Tallis - monster

13. Sean O’loughlin - never seen a player like him. Don’t think there has been a genuine ball playing forward quite like him. 

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Anyone in the Fev pack mid 90s. They all had a bit of c in them. Honorable mentions for Okesene, Fisher and lastly Burton just because he was funny

Just thinking.. any naughty forward. Enjoyed Luke Odonnell a lot in his prime as well. James Graham will always be a fave

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Sean O’loughlin - never seen a player like him. Don’t think there has been a genuine ball playing forward quite like him. 

This statement may bring out a few objections from some of the (let's say) mature contributors on here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Has Keinhorst given you something for free? Such a strange name nestled among some big names. 

Played in the same team and a good friend of mine. Glad to see him have played both at Wembley and Old Trafford. Not a superstar but a grafter.

1. Gary Broadbent 

2. Valentine Holmes 

3. Jamie Lyon 

4. Keith Senior 

5. Lesley Vanikolo 

6. Robbie Paul 

7. Sean Long 

8. Joe Vangana 

9. James Lowes 

10. Jamie Peacock 

11. Chris Joynt 

12. Sam Burgess 

13. Paul Sculthorpe 

3 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Remember that tackle by Ford.

Superb!

Was sad he left Wigan but he was part of the deal that took Ellery to Central Park...the rest is history.

The Rubberman... He was like a pantomime villain at times but when he played well he was brilliant.

No.

I can't name the best 1-13, but I can name my favourites

Paul Charlton, taught me how to catch a high ball, Les Holliday taught me how to tackle, David Watkins, how to kick for goal, Danny Wilson, how to drop kick a goal, and stuff a field kick 20cm behind the fullback, while making him look slow, David Snell for teaching me how to pass a ball, just 2cm before getting hit, the ultimate off-load, Dave Potts for teaching me the strengths of fitness, Con O'Keeffe for telling me how to pass, Ged Byrne, for being there, Mick McLoud, for being there at Ealing, Eric Grothe, for being EG, in fact the whole of the 1982 touring team, for showing how far behind we were https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Kangaroo_tour_of_Great_Britain_and_France

Ellery Hanley, Martin Offiah, Sean Edwards, Adrian Morley, Eddie Cunningham, Peter Stirling, Wally Lewis, just for playing our beautiful game

Paul Charlton was the best attacking Full Back I have ever seen, even better than Australians, when I played full back, I scored more tries than on the wing, because I attacked, and I could see the gaps. I scored 3 tries v Wigan St. Pats in a 2nd half, just because I hung back in the 1st, as Charlton did, and watched the gaps appear, then I attacked.

Archived