Greatest rugby league moment of the decade?

Chris22

For me those glorious  Tongan fans during the last world cup followed closely by the Fijian team singing their hymn brought a lump to this guy's throat.

Anyway getting back to that Sky list I was scrolling down it on my phone and my thumb must have tapped just a little to hard as up pots thank you for voting. I don't even know what I voted for. DOH.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Get the O"Brien drop goal as sensational but for me Greg Johnsons try in the corner in the same game right at the death was spine tingling, when you consider the hooter had already gone and Flanagan flung the ball must have been 25 yards and the ball hung in the air for an eternity setting up Johnson in the corner, cannot imagine the nerves under that much pressure to score and to catch the ball first, sheer breathtaking stuff!

On 13/11/2019 at 21:19, Chris22 said:

Sky have launched a poll on the best sporting moment of the decade. In a pleasant surprise, we have two moments nominated, being the Leeds treble in 2015 and the Salford drop goal in golden point in the Million Pound game in 2016. It wouldn't do any harm to get as many rugby league fans as possible to vote for our moments!

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/12040/11859525/greatest-sports-moments-of-the-decade-vote-now-in-sky-sports-poll

It got me thinking if you had to pick one moment / game for the best of the decade, what would you go for? It's really hard to pin down to one, but for me it was the Tonga vs England RLWC 2017 semi final. It had everything, atmosphere, colour, royalty, an underdog story, frayed English nerves and an incredible ending! 

Image result for tonga vs england 2017

I click on the link, get the 50 choices but can't select /vote

On 13/11/2019 at 21:26, Celt said:

interesting thread - bound to generate a few different opinions!

Off the top of my head, Shaun Johnson dummying and going over in the 2013 World Cup semi final to send the Kiwis through.

For me, it was a game that had everything:  UK-based World Cup, Wembley semi final in front of a big crowd, 80 mins of nail biting Rugby League of real test match intensity, and a somewhat over-confident England support being shut up right at the end with a piece of individual brilliance.

Loved it.

Before this one of the burgesses gave away a stupid penalty that gave the kiwis the ball and field position.

Was England's mistake that cost them 

Archived