The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said it will be 0 points from 12 very soon. 

You might be correct but what we TWP fans dislike so much is the absolute glee the anti-Toronto posters take in it. It really is sad.

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

No SBW and they’ve named just a 19-man squad for their game at Wigan.

Worrying signs. 

They could have named 21 if they had wanted and only need 17

SBW is missing because his wife/ partner is due to give birth

5 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Hiding inside. He was afraid the sky was falling.

As aj is on my ignore list I only saw his concern for my welfare when you quoted him 

Unlike plenty on here I actually do work , and work that doesn't involve being paid to sit in front of a computer pretending while I check TRL every five minutes 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As aj is on my ignore list I only saw his concern for my welfare when you quoted him 

Unlike plenty on here I actually do work , and work that doesn't involve being paid to sit in front of a computer pretending while I check TRL every five minutes 

Thats what smart phones are for !!!?

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Good for you. I actually do wonder what some posters do as they seem to be on here 24/7. As for me, I'm stuck in a hospital bed so I have nothing better to do.

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Under the Rules in force, Lowdessert is correct, completely bad management on TWP's part, come the end of the season if TWP are relegated all the media interest in SBW will have done them no good whatsoever, would you thrown you all your eggs into the SBW basket?

They haven’t thrown all their eggs in SBW basket. Again they aren’t short of money they are short of salary cap space and on the cap SBW will cost £150k. What the pay over that is irrelevant. IMO if Toronto are upto the cap on their squad they are seriously over paying some very average players. 

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

They haven’t thrown all their eggs in SBW basket. Again they aren’t short of money they are short of salary cap space and on the cap SBW will cost £150k. What the pay over that is irrelevant. IMO if Toronto are upto the cap on their squad they are seriously over paying some very average players. 

Fair comment. But it was done with the intention of getting to Super League as quickly as possible, so it was money well spent. 

Now the goal is to survive the first year there and then rebuild with reinforcements for 2021 - the 5th year of their 5-year plan. 

Just now, TIWIT said:

Fair comment. But it was done with the intention of getting to Super League as quickly as possible, so it was money well spent. 

Now the goal is to survive the first year there and then rebuild with reinforcements for 2021 - the 5th year of their 5-year plan. 

Absolutely and they obviously had to pay a premium to get players over there even if it is only for 3/4 months a year. My point was more about SBW not being the reason Toronto are starting the season with 23 players. 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Thanks for the support starbug 

?

53 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Absolutely and they obviously had to pay a premium to get players over there even if it is only for 3/4 months a year. My point was more about SBW not being the reason Toronto are starting the season with 23 players. 

See my previous response to you on this point. Signing SBW when they already had 2 marquee players means that a full marquee salary is now on the cap. So the additional value on the cap is more likely between £3-400k.

That is absolutely the reason they have started the season with 23 players. 

Just now, Dave T said:

See my previous response to you on this point. Signing SBW when they already had 2 marquee players means that a full marquee salary is now on the cap. So the additional value on the cap is more likely between £3-400k.

That is absolutely the reason they have started the season with 23 players. 

I’d don’t know any players wages at Toronto so can’t comment but if they are paying anyone in that squad apart from SBW £3/400k. Then I’d say that backs up my point that they are seriously over paying some very average players. 

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’d don’t know any players wages at Toronto so can’t comment but if they are paying anyone in that squad apart from SBW £3/400k. Then I’d say that backs up my point that they are seriously over paying some very average players. 

Or the other clubs are under paying theirs.

35 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Lussick and Leutele were their previous marquee signings. 

28 minutes ago, SL17 said:

There’s no need for a flame war. You are intelligent enough to see  mismanagement. Money can’t buy you everything.

Mismanagement? I don't think so. Scroll up a bit to read the discussion between myself and bobbruce. TWP are in the fourth year of their five-year plan and are following it exactly.

And no, with the ridiculously low salary cap in SL money can't buy you everything... but it can buy you a place in the Super League.

Archived