Tommygilf

New Sky Rugby League Show

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The SL show or Championship games? 

No, the ‘We Play League’ documentary. It’ll be on Sky and Amazon, apparently 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ok... Fair enough

I'd be very happy for Amazon to take on RL in general 

It is a toe in the door with Amazon, and they'll be counting how many cumulative views and individual viewers they get.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

More details on Will Perry's multi-sport portfolio

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/will-perry-77725712a

Sounds like a younger version of the affable Mark Chapman with Lois Forsell landing on her feet post her enforced retirement.

What's not to like

?

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

Eddie Demsey RMT

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Magic and not a moment too soon!

Since the slow demise of Boots N'All  it's been something we've sadly lacked.

I've been annoyed that it's wall to wall on Watch NRL while we've been given nowt!

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

When's the first of the two being shown?

Anyone know yet?

Edited by Oxford

"It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

42 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Anyone know yet?

This Wednesday the magazine show starts. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

This Wednesday the magazine show starts. 

Thanks Dave, betterer & betterer

There's probably little point but a good news section wouldn't go amiss especially round these parts.

image.png.aedf0446637ef22392b08c91827ed54a.png

Oh by the way well done the Wolves against the Red Devils

Booooo!.gif.64eae31aa24447836626feb05cc8e95f.gif

Edited by Oxford

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Anyone know yet?

Sky Sports Arena, next Wednesday, 7pm and 10pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Will Perry will be host of the Inside SL show. First guest is George Burgess. 

Also Out Of Your League podcast returning this week with Sam Burgess being a guest (can't wait for that one)

Does anyone know what Sky Sports channel the We Play League series is being shown on and the date and time? I can't seem to see anything on Sky Sports Arena and Mix, the usual RL channels.

1 hour ago, RunItOffAfi said:

Does anyone know what Sky Sports channel the We Play League series is being shown on and the date and time? I can't seem to see anything on Sky Sports Arena and Mix, the usual RL channels.

I don't think that show has its air time confirmed yet. Inside Super League is on SS Arena at 7pm tomorrow.

Okay, so to be even more of a pain does anyone know when We Play League airs on Amazon Prime?   I only pay for sky via Now TV for selected individual matches on a day-to-day basis (usually working weekends).   I’m not stumping up £10 an episode for a documentary 😁 

Edited by Cheshire Setter

IMDB has a release date of January the 30th for "We play League", but who knows where they got that information from.

Edited by Futtocks

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

IMDB has a release date of January the 30th for "We play League", but who knows where they got that information from.

Cheers. Hope so. Can watch it straight after the game.

On 24/01/2020 at 11:49, HarrogateKnights said:

Unless funding comes from elsewhere its only going to be at club and Our League level. Our League has to look at a sponsors paid YouTube channel. Get a weekly show on that to a bigger potential audience. At the minute ourleague preaches to the converted in a sense as you really need to be a RL fan to have heard of it.

So how does that scenario work with netball?

6 hours ago, SL17 said:

So how does that scenario work with netball?

Hopefully the BBC spend as much money on the incoming RLWC as they did the Netball one. They had a sports special 100 days before on BBC breakfast live from a grassroots club. Coverage was huge even now RL are lucky to get a 1 minute mention about super league on the morning after the game and that is every other sports coverage on BBC breakfast. Even the challenge cup final only gets a mention the day before and they are broadcasting it. The BBC as one of the broadcasters along with Sky need to do more in advertising. 

On 28/01/2020 at 16:49, RunItOffAfi said:

We Play League Episode 1 is showing Thursday night at 10pm after the Wigan v Wires game on SS Arena and Main Event

Episode 2 is Friday night at 10.15pm after Saints v Salford only on SS Arena.

• Thanks 2