Fri 7 Feb: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/20 at 19:45

All the talk pre-season was about Saints, Wigan and a little bit about Hull.   Only Hull have a clean sheet going into round three so far.   Hudds might have something to say about that.

Well done Cas, two weeks running with a depleted team.

7 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

All the talk pre-season was about Saints, Wigan and a little bit about Hull.   Only Hull have a clean sheet going into round three so far.   Hudds might have something to say about that.

Well done Cas, two weeks running with a depleted team.

Er surely Cas have a clean sheet too in your world. Way too early for anything. Jostling for position first 12 games. Then the pressure starts

1 hour ago, snapski said:

Er surely Cas have a clean sheet too in your world. Way too early for anything. Jostling for position first 12 games. Then the pressure starts

Yes that’s what I meant.   I’m on my second whiskey! 

Great and unexpected win for Cas.   Bit of a cliche but we looked like they wanted it a bit more.  Big effort to a man.

I was impressed by Olpherts tonight, Jacques O Neil stepped up and worked tirelessly and fearlessly , Richardson managed the game very well.  Millington did a rare 80 minute stint and great to see Junior Moors back and looking strong.  

Mcshane looked back to his best, was a deserving mom.   Watts was his usual consistent self and led from the front.

The two young lads on debut didn't look out of place either.

Thought we looked well organised l, with everyone knowing their job and doing it well.

Thing is ..this same game at the PieDome is a Wigan win. This is because of the Referee. It was that close. If the ref doesn't alter the course of the game then what is he there for?

This could have been another assertion of the natural order of things or a desperate win for the home side. 

It was neither.  It was a very close win by the better side. Just.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Lam says it was not a real Wigan performance.

Unfortunately it was all to typical. Far too many penalties and unforced errors.  Poor passing at times. Although to be half fair, penalties are a lottery and Wigan had the wrong ticket. 

He says, Wigan were out of sorts... But this was just the sort of performance that gifted Salford a playoff semi final. For several seasons Wigan have been giving away needless errors. Did the Wigan players expect to beat Cas (and their pitch)  by throwing away errors and penalties?  The word that comes to my mind is infantile.

Add to that a wrong headed team selection, which is an ongoing saga. 

To me this is also an issue with England.  Best wishes to Wane, but I hope we do not thow out "baby" Bennett with the bath water. He wanted us to cut out errors and focus, and Lam needs to take that advice on board.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Although to be half fair, penalties are a lottery and Wigan had the wrong ticket. 

Tackle by the head and you'll generally win that particular lottery!

Ref penalised both teams fairly similarly other than the high shots (he let a few of them go too to be honest).

The continued selection of Hardaker at centre puzzles me, he is an out and out full back whereas French is more versatile.

Not seen the game but seems very impressive by Castleford. They didn't score a try from around the 30th minute, so it shows great composure and patience to kick and defend your way to a victory.

Every year a few seem to think Cas will fall off but they are always around the play off spots. Not a bad coach Powell, is he? 

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

The continued selection of Hardaker at centre puzzles me, he is an out and out full back whereas French is more versatile.

Not seen the game but seems very impressive by Castleford. They didn't score a try from around the 30th minute, so it shows great composure and patience to kick and defend your way to a victory.

Every year a few seem to think Cas will fall off but they are always around the play off spots. Not a bad coach Powell, is he? 

He is a good Coach, no doubt. Did he manage a smile after that excellent win?

Archived