Town v Doncaster score predictions

butchupthetown

Well done boys.Given the conditions thought we played well and a big step up from last week. Yes things were a bit clunky at times in attack but we got better as the game went on. Thought our forwards were excellent against a far bigger pack and tackled their hearts out in the middle. I know Marcus got mom but a special mention for stevie, he was awesome and must be one of the fittest forwards around. Really looking forward to seeing us on a dry pitch because I really think we’ll see a far more exciting brand of rugby and we have the players who have got pace and can make it count. Just a shout out to Chris and the board for the recruitment this year, all of the new players have slotted in well and once everybody has settled in they are all going to be excellent additions. Well done.

Great effort by the club today,by the ground staff for getting the game on, and the team for a great battling performance , thought doran was outstanding taking the line on and good short kicks behind the line, O'Brien an Hanley Dawson great work rate, marwood coming on and giving the team some support play, great win.

10 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Great effort by the club today,by the ground staff for getting the game on, and the team for a great battling performance , thought doran was outstanding taking the line on and good short kicks behind the line, O'Brien an Hanley Dawson great work rate, marwood coming on and giving the team some support play, great win.

Our short kicking game was really good the three tries they yielded made all the difference.

really good team performance!

i actually thought Tom Crashley refereed the game really well also today 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

7 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Our short kicking game was really good the three tries they yielded made all the difference.

really good team performance!

i actually thought Tom Crashley refereed the game really well also today 

Couple of things, fui's tackle was just a good solid hit and it seems when he does it he gets penalised for a shoulder charge and the tripping why wasnt that a yellow? It seems to be creeping into the game when years ago it was a straight red...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Thought after a slow start we adapted better to the conditions and played really well at times.

Alex Young got through a shed load of work and I thought Doran was excellent especially after taking a knock early on.

MOM was a toss up between Cus and Stevie for me but many others including Elliot Miller really stood out.

The main point I would like to make his how fit this young team is and I think this really showed in the final 20 minutes when we really turned the screw and they were blowing out of their *****.And how Rangi Chase could walk off that field with a clean shirt shows just what he brought to the party.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought he was very good . Not the conditions for him , fell and hall but that looks a potent back three on firmer tracks

Absolutely correct, I think all 3 will get their  fair share of tries this year. Gabe Fell looks very good as the last line of defence also and looks to have been a great signing. A word for Tyler Lancaster as well, he is developing into a really good player and on a couple of occasions was unlucky not to break through with some neat footwork. A great start but I’m sure they all know there’s a lot of hard work to come.

That was one of best Town performances I've seen for over a season. Chris has got this young team fit and well drilled, our defence was superb also. Donny first try was never grounded, I was standing in line with it and Crashley consulted the TJ who incredibly said it was OK. The second try was just a slip by one of our players going into the tackle. We bossed the majority of the game and thoroughly deserved the win, the whole team played well but Scholey was immense. Blane Marwood changed the tempo of the game when he came on and kept Donny guessing which side he would switch the play. A really enjoyable performance from the boys, it was nice to leave DP with a smile on my face. Looking forward to Sunday, UTT. ??????❤️

It was a good performance and win yesterday for so early in the season and with the pitch being heavy, and with a lot of new faces and players stepping up a level or two.

I find it baffling that folk were having a go at Alex, the kick to the corner he was looking into a low sun which is a tactic we never used at all in the first half. He ran the ball in hard all day and was sound in defence. What do folk want?

With reference to the ref, is a knock on any dropped ball nowadays or is it still supposed to be knocked forward? Apart from that he was a lot more consistent than usual, although they had a player binned for a high shot, then let a trip go with just a penalty. But for him who usually refs in bursts it was a definite improvement. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Was really pleased when chris signed on . Well done bod. Enjoyed game yesterday,all lads gave 100%.looked well fit,when get better ground, goner be exciting team to watch. So come all u fans not there sunday,get down this sunday back ct,bod n staff,they doing good job.

Archived