On 19/03/2020 at 09:13, M j M said:

The amount of loo roll being thrown around there - like burning £10 notes.

I was just thinking ‘If I could create a time machine I could become a multi-millionaire!’

I hadn't seen this before, and a lot of the club footage at least was new to me.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I've done some digging through YouTube and put together a list of some full games that are on there. Quite a few more than expected and some absolute belters!

https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-rugby-league-archives.html

Edited by Chris22

Twitter: @TrylineUK
Latest Blog: Warrington Wolves and the pursuit and glory - LINK: https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/05/warrington-wolves-and-pursuit-of-glory.html

On 21/03/2020 at 06:25, Futtocks said:

I hadn't seen this before, and a lot of the club footage at least was new to me.

There are a few other documentaries on this guys youtube page about SOO also. All good to watch I might add.

On 19/03/2020 at 12:37, RL does what Sky says said:

.... and they played the ball correctly by touching it with their foot !

Did it slow the game down ?   Did it 'ek !

It's not the playing of the ball that's slowed the game down, it's the messing around and wrestling during and after the tackling, back then that aspect of the game hadn't hit us yet!

• Like 1

Not YouTube, but here is the 2002 Buddies cup final between Huddersfield and Hull KR, complete with irate, foul mouthed Rervers fans chucking beer at Stanley Gene and then invading the pitch  and a classic Nokia 3310 ringtone around 37:40 mark 🙂

Awful weather at Featherstone, but a great day for us Fartowners!

Edited by meast

All Shaun's 2020 matches have been pulled.   Looks like Sky got whiff of it.   Shame.

• Sad 2

What a great thread for people who don't want to forget.

1 hour ago, del capo said:

You tube  wigan v manley 1987 uploaded recently with the Aussie commentary.

Doesn't get better. 

Do you have a link for that?

2 hours ago, del capo said:

Just google it

Don't know how to link but it's on You Tube  Wigan v Manley 1987 posted  as Memories of rugby league by an Aussie called  disc  juggler yesterday

2 hours ago, del capo said:

Don't know how to link but it's on You Tube  Wigan v Manley 1987 posted  as Memories of rugby league by an Aussie called  disc  juggler yesterday

Right-click on the video, select copy video URL, then come back to TRL and make a new post. Then right-click and select paste. Some videos will paste as a video image, and some will just paste as a text link. Both will work when someone clicks on them.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Thanks Futtocks. Enforced isolation gives us all time to learn new tricks.

Best two teams in the world then and you could'nt even dream of buying that sort of talent today.....

4 hours ago, del capo said:

A question for anyone who can answer it: What is that distinctive style of hoops worn by Manly back then called?

11 hours ago, Big Picture said:

A question for anyone who can answer it: What is that distinctive style of hoops worn by Manly back then called?

The "irregular pitch markings" pattern. 😜