• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William Slim Drive in Canberra was named after a UK war hero who was also briefly the Governor General of Australia. It will soon be renamed because of all the Australian men that have come out and accused him of being a paedophile.  There is a statue of him in London.

734EEBF6-79D9-4AD5-81A4-9DD054E8A8E4.jpeg

D2F626F0-65D6-4A39-87E7-DDCC6C742E2C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Copa said:

William Slim Drive in Canberra was named after a UK war hero who was also briefly the Governor General of Australia. It will soon be renamed because of all the Australian men that have come out and accused him of being a paedophile.  There is a statue of him in London.

Ah, but was he a rascist paedophile? If not, everything will be fine.

I read about the Gandhi statue in Leicester being on the list. 

It will be interesting to see how this develops as there is no white/black race issue here, it's moving into new territory.

I'm not passing any Political opinion, just suggesting we may learn more.

On 16/06/2020 at 06:41, Copa said:

The Australian War Memorial has aboriginal gargoyles in the garden next to all the animal gargoyles. I suspect they’ll be there for a long time..

63700116-608C-4036-AA15-679DE7D60CFA.jpeg

CDDF0BB8-76BF-4322-B88D-3A1BA1D692E7.jpeg

Been looking into the Australians and kiwis who fought at Long Tan In Vietnam .  

2 hours ago, Niels said:

It will be interesting to see how this develops as there is no white/black race issue here, it's moving into new territory.

Are you suggesting ' coloured ' people can be racist ?

Just as there were black slave traders ( in fact it is fairly certain that there will be descendants of those traders living in both the UK and the US ) 

Happened a few days ago but just seen this.  Apparently Robert The Bruce was a racist too.

RmMTQ=.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

4 hours ago, Niels said:

I read somewhere that Gandhi was actually quite racist about African people?  

20 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I read somewhere that Gandhi was actually quite racist about African people?  

Remember the British Empire spent decades transferring indian accountants etc from the indian subcontinent to Africa to "manage" the colonies as we believed they were better at the job (initially we actually transferred them, then it became a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy with people emigrating form India to Africa as they knew they would be recruited into the civil service).

We basically set up a hierarchy Whites - Indians - Africans, that is what lead to Idi Amin's expulsion of the Asians from Uganda

1 hour ago, SSoutherner said:

Remember the British Empire spent decades transferring indian accountants etc from the indian subcontinent to Africa to "manage" the colonies as we believed they were better at the job (initially we actually transferred them, then it became a bit of a self fulfilling prophesy with people emigrating form India to Africa as they knew they would be recruited into the civil service).

We basically set up a hierarchy Whites - Indians - Africans, that is what lead to Idi Amin's expulsion of the Asians from Uganda

It wasn't directly to do with the hierarchy or the whites. It was Idi Amin's Indiophobia. 

There were conflicting theories as to the cause. One was that he had a dream in which Allah appeared and advised him. The other that it  was revenge because he was in love with an Indian lady whose family banished her to India .

8 hours ago, Niels said:

It wasn't directly to do with the hierarchy or the whites. It was Idi Amin's Indiophobia. 

There were conflicting theories as to the cause. One was that he had a dream in which Allah appeared and advised him. The other that it  was revenge because he was in love with an Indian lady whose family banished her to India .

But we had installed an Asian civil service across a lot of our African colonies as we believed them better at the job which could have been a reason why Ghandi would have considered Indians above Africans

13 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Happened a few days ago but just seen this.  Apparently Robert The Bruce was a racist too.

RmMTQ=.jpg

Apparently this just appeared overnight a couple of weeks back and the locals don't believe it was anything to do with BLM. 

On 12/06/2020 at 01:00, John Drake said:

Keep this thread light, please. 

if you want to get political, use the political sub-forum.

Thanks.

As people have ignored the above request, I'm locking this now.

Archived