Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
audois

Catalans Envelope

Recommended Posts

Near €2 Million given by the town council to the 2 local professional rugby clubs to share. €900,000 for the Dragons it seems - with also a promise to help develop ground improvements. 80-100 people employed at the clubs. 

8wLnAjN-.jpg.2c6c03a70bb69ee83a33d0a2f587ca24.jpg

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one  of the reasons why the Dragons and Wolfpack are in the strongest of positions.

Dragons 100% FREE stadium and they get to keep all the income (UK taxpayers would be up in arms its different in France this is normal)

Wolfpack Seriously rich owner 

 

Paul

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is one  of the reasons why the Dragons and Wolfpack are in the strongest of positions.

Dragons 100% FREE stadium and they get to keep all the income (UK taxpayers would be up in arms its different in France this is normal)

Wolfpack Seriously rich owner 

 

Paul

But zero TV money. (Because UK fans apparently don't want to watch the Wolfpack...)

  • Like 2

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Celt said:

But zero TV money. (Because UK fans apparently don't want to watch the Wolfpack...)

I think we all like to pick games to watch them perform in, but personally not every week on TV, there is no team on the planet with the exception of my home town team that I want to see everyweek of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, audois said:

Near €2 Million given by the town council to the 2 local professional rugby clubs to share. €900,000 for the Dragons it seems - with also a promise to help develop ground improvements. 80-100 people employed at the clubs. 

8wLnAjN-.jpg.2c6c03a70bb69ee83a33d0a2f587ca24.jpg

Where's the social distancing? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, audois said:

Near €2 Million given by the town council to the 2 local professional rugby clubs to share. €900,000 for the Dragons it seems - with also a promise to help develop ground improvements. 80-100 people employed at the clubs. 

8wLnAjN-.jpg.2c6c03a70bb69ee83a33d0a2f587ca24.jpg

What improvements are planned for the ground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rlno1 said:

What improvements are planned for the ground?

I can’t say that I know. But the most pressing need would be to tear down the small older stand and replace it with a new larger stand like the one opposite, complete with modern toilets and eating facilities. That could increase ground capacity from the current 11,000 to a possible 14,000/15,000, as well as enhancing the view and general match day experience for many old fans, while probably attracting some new fans.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good call remember the ground is also only 3 sided one side being leased off to a swimming pool and sports company around 13 years ago by the council when the Dragons were on the verge of gong bust (First 2 seasons) in a deal brokered by the Marie which would in the UK have the local taxpayers up in arms the Dragons got to keep all the money from the lease sell which also saw the sports company take a shareholding and shirt sponsorship.

VIVA FRANCE ? LOL

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rlno1 said:

What improvements are planned for the ground?

What improvements are planned for her frock. It looks like a decorator's dust sheet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

What improvements are planned for her frock. It looks like a decorator's dust sheet. 

HA HA HA 

On prob Euros 40000.00 a year for filling in forms + a generous pension and lunch allowance  you would think she could have rolled the boat out a bit:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that USAP the union club favoured more by the town council than the Dragons. On the other hand the 'département' Pyrénées-Orientales' (pop 475,000) closer to the rugby league club. No full time soccer clubs of note in this part of the world helps too. Other than the club shop and of late the restaurant everyting else has been locked down since middle of March. Think that over the last few weeks groups of players have been getting together away from Gilbert Brutus for training. Yesterday's local paper indicates that the fixture lists should be announced by next weekend. Full contact training at Brutus to commence next week 1st/2nd July.

Edited by audois
  • Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, audois said:

I thought that USAP the union club favoured more by the town council than the Dragons. On the other hand the 'département' Pyrénées-Orientales' (pop 475,000) closer to the rugby league club. No full time soccer clubs of note in this part of the world helps too. Other than the club shop and of late the restaurant everyting else has been locked down since middle of March. Think that over the last few weeks groups of players have been getting together away from Gilbert Brutus for training. Yesterday's local paper indicates that the fixture lists should be announced by next weekend. Full contact training at Brutus to commence next week 1st/2nd July.

Really all depends Audois who is in power (You know what its like in France:) I am back in Spain in 2 weeks time and am looking forward to lunch with Jean-Claude from Palau there his son now runs it.

I was invited to the wedding of Jaques Jorda son in Elne in 2003 on arrival at the church I asked the usher are the seating arrangements like England in perfect English he replied no sir this is France communists sit on the left and facists on the right :))))

P

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...