SQUAD 2021

marklaspalmas

28 minutes ago, chris g said:

I understand the point that you are making but I do not think that the players you have suggested would make a significant difference in terms of our future. The input of the 'South sea islanders' is been shaped in the NRL. Players such as Jason Taumalolo, so dominant. Their physicality is something that could make us a superior team next season. I do think there is a pool of players not far behind, which could change our season.

Not sure what you are suggesting here? You've mentioned Alex Walmsley and Jason Taumalolo but there is no chance of us being able to sign players of that stature. We might have a shot at Wellington Albert who has that size you mentioned but only because he's not really NRL/SL calibre. Who do you have in mind that would be the difference makers that you mention but would be available to a Championship club such as ourselves?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There's a shortage of these middles/props even at SL level so it's not surprising that's even more the case at Championship level. For instance I would have been underwhelmed if we had signed Dan Fleming from Fax as to me he's bang average but he has just signed for Cas! Ormondroyd is with a SL club, so is Mitch Clark, Kyle Trout is at Hull KR, Colton Roche got a year at Huddersfield, none of those guys were exactly dominant at our level.

Fax fans are a little bit surprised as well. Hes not even our 4th best prop and Im sure we only had 3 props. He has the size but people at his local amateur club were surprised when he signed proffesional and his list of clubs should be a give away.

On 10/08/2020 at 19:25, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure what you are suggesting here? You've mentioned Alex Walmsley and Jason Taumalolo but there is no chance of us being able to sign players of that stature. We might have a shot at Wellington Albert who has that size you mentioned but only because he's not really NRL/SL calibre. Who do you have in mind that would be the difference makers that you mention but would be available to a Championship club such as ourselves?

agreed PH but maybe nu brown got some  BIG samoan mates playing in reserves who may want to give it a shot at FEV

interesting news from autumn comp statement

"Everyone at the club have now been building ahead of the 2021 season for several weeks, with additional new signings to announce in due time. I believe our 2021 side will be one of the strongest squads Featherstone Rovers has seen in the last decade.”

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Whow! Only 23, 6ft and over 15 stone.  Centre or second row. Now that would be a good signing.

Remember Ryan Verlinden? Let's not get too excited just because we're signing a "big"player. 😉

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

34 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Worthington to 'fax confirmed https://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/article/639 

Looks like he won't be extending his record of 7 top place finishes in 8 seasons any time soon then. 😂😂😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 22/08/2020 at 16:37, gazza77 said:

Remember Ryan Verlinden? Let's not get too excited just because we're signing a "big"player. 😉

Point.taken . However having played for Wigan and Leigh he must have some pedigree.  

7 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Point.taken . However having played for Wigan and Leigh he must have some pedigree.  

Looking up his stats you might be right. Can't see when he has scored a point.

9 hours ago, distantdog said:

From a neutral perspective l took the announcement to be 5 new players. If so, you are going to have a decent sized squad or releasing some decent players. 

Or perhaps from next year dual reg will be over?

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

On 01/09/2020 at 11:09, distantdog said:

From a neutral perspective l took the announcement to be 5 new players. If so, you are going to have a decent sized squad or releasing some decent players. 

Of the 17 announced, I can see Whitton and McConnell, and maybe Beckett again, going out on loan to League 1 or lower-end Championship clubs.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Of the 17 announced, I can see Whitton and McConnell, and maybe Beckett again, going out on loan to League 1 or lower-end Championship clubs.

We have 21 players confirmed now for 2021 and apparently four more signing to announce this week.

There are another 10 players not officially announced as leaving from last year's squad.

15 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

We have 21 players confirmed now for 2021 and apparently four more signing to announce this week.

There are another 10 players not officially announced as leaving from last year's squad.

Agreed but out of the ten only Conor Carey  Alec Susino  Jack Render and the enigma  Dakota Whylie   can have real 1st team aspirations

Brandan French Brad Wright Sam Otterwell  Nathan Wright Jack Richardson were only signed to play for the ill fated FEVrhinos reserves  which is no more so if we do resign them I would suggest  they would all be out on loan

and Wellington Albert who at the minute is still a whino's player 

Archived