Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Now that this season is no more do we assume League 1 will be a 12 team comp. with Ottowa adding to the current 11 sides?Could be an interesting league with a revitalised Rochdale,Newcastle and the unknown quantity of Ottowa competing with the Raiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be a tough league to get out off. Rochdale throwing money around, workington will strengthen again. Newcastle will not be shy in the transfer market neither will doncaster. Ottawa an unknown but will be more than competitive. Key for us is to keep the travelling players we have Forster, Jewitt & Walne especially if we can keep hold of the pack and maybe add to it we should be in position to challenge again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have every faith in the board doing all they can in the best interests of barrow RLFC. However , What impact does this season ending decision have on team as a whole ie the players and coaching contracts, Wages , furloughed % contributions. 
are players still furloughed, are they still registered with barrow , can /do we re negotiate contracts for the next season ( and Can the club afford it with the greatly reduced income). 
any updates for a nosey but genuine supporter would be appreciated. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Raider91 said:

Going to be a tough league to get out off. Rochdale throwing money around, workington will strengthen again. Newcastle will not be shy in the transfer market neither will doncaster. Ottawa an unknown but will be more than competitive. Key for us is to keep the travelling players we have Forster, Jewitt & Walne especially if we can keep hold of the pack and maybe add to it we should be in position to challenge again.

It's ok saying all this about teams throwing money around but was that for a season where promotion was a must?? How are these teams going to react after the lay off, have some thrown all their eggs in the basket banking on promotion? No one budgeted for Covid so unfortunately some teams may struggle next season.. Unless players play for nothing next year as they have been paid for not playing this year!  << Haha.. 

I think the strongest teams will be the ones who have adapted to the situation and created other income sources like Barrow have oh and the ones with sugar daddies!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it will be an interesting league, I think Ottawa are taking a different approach Toronto by the sounds of it, looking towards more Canadian players, saying that they will be a force, theres a number of clubs that could end up with promotion

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

If Toronto fold wouldn't the losing side of the grand final be promoted to super league and we should be promoted back into the championship and a new side can enter league 1 Ottawa 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raiderfan79 said:

If Toronto fold wouldn't the losing side of the grand final be promoted to super league and we should be promoted back into the championship and a new side can enter league 1 Ottawa 

Knowing the RFL they'd put Ottawa into the championship straight away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2020 at 08:55, Raider91 said:

Adam Walne rumoured to be joining us for next season would be a good addition hopefully his brother will help get that over the line for us. 

Confirmed on facebook along with his brother on a 2 year deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think myself it'll be interesting to see what happens with Ottawa if they can get across to Canada or not. There was an article in the Express a fortnight ago siting many problems if Covid was still about.

 

It'll be a hell of a competitive league its a lot more competitive than Barrow's last visit to this league that's for sure 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 11:07, Callum Linford 98 said:

I think myself it'll be interesting to see what happens with Ottawa if they can get across to Canada or not. There was an article in the Express a fortnight ago siting many problems if Covid was still about.

 

It'll be a hell of a competitive league its a lot more competitive than Barrow's last visit to this league that's for sure 

will be competitive in the form of a 2 tier league.

teams in the top half like Ottowa, Barrow, Newcastle, Rochdale and maybe Hunslet playing each other should all be tough games.

Maybe add Keighley, Donny and Worky for tough away games but the rest wont be up to much

Edited by Gus Tyson
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm a bit worried for Barrow if they don't gain promotion next year, the signings so far ( Lunt, Forster, Ritson, Walnex2, Stack and now Harrison ) they all won't come on the cheap. I hope its not a case of s**t or bust! 

I think some of our marquee signings have been paid for by supporters and sponsors. Steve certainly wouldn't compromise the clubs future 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UpTheRaiders said:

I think some of our marquee signings have been paid for by supporters and sponsors. Steve certainly wouldn't compromise the clubs future 

That's great to hear as I love Barrow as a club and the work they're doing! Hopefully a successful season this year for you guys!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...