Jump to content

Clubs consider combining Championship and League 1 for 24-team competition


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

So, if anyone who has no experience working for a club and has the temerity to criticise, then those people are ‘full of sheeitte’ and obviously do not love the game as much as those involved with a club on a daily basis.

It’s a shame that you do not practice what you preach as I am pretty sure - although please point out if I am wrong - that you have had no experience whatsoever in setting up an running an expansion club.  But you sure have spent many hours venting your spleen and continually criticising those that gave it a go.  So does this make you ‘full of sheeitte’?

Of course not.  You are only offering your view.  That’s what we are all doing on here so don’t get so precious.

I was a director of a Championship and SL club for 4 years , so have some knowledge of Pro RL in the UK , I also set up and ran a business from scratch for 19 years turning over 20 odd million in that time 

As for criticising those that ' gave it a go ' , if you are referring to David Argyle , you are completely wrong , I haven't ever criticised anybody who has put their hard earned into a RL club , it is a thankless task , rarely does it end with anybody giving them praise 

As I said , plenty of experts , but not expert enough to make enough money to ' give it a go ' themselves 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

So, if anyone who has no experience working for a club and has the temerity to criticise, then those people are ‘full of sheeitte’ and obviously do not love the game as much as those involved with a club on a daily basis.

It’s a shame that you do not practice what you preach as I am pretty sure - although please point out if I am wrong - that you have had no experience whatsoever in setting up an running an expansion club.  But you sure have spent many hours venting your spleen and continually criticising those that gave it a go.  So does this make you ‘full of sheeitte’?

Of course not.  You are only offering your view.  That’s what we are all doing on here so don’t get so precious.

You'd think this was a RL forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

So, if anyone who has no experience working for a club and has the temerity to criticise, then those people are ‘full of sheeitte’ and obviously do not love the game as much as those involved with a club on a daily basis.

It’s a shame that you do not practice what you preach as I am pretty sure - although please point out if I am wrong - that you have had no experience whatsoever in setting up an running an expansion club.  But you sure have spent many hours venting your spleen and continually criticising those that gave it a go.  So does this make you ‘full of sheeitte’?

Of course not.  You are only offering your view.  That’s what we are all doing on here so don’t get so precious.

He's beaten me to it, but I read this and knew exactly what the reply would be. 

Only missing an equivalent of "Got some real work to do now" and you'd have Gubby Bingo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Why do you do the ironing up there?

I am the best ' ironer ' in my household , that comes from working in a clothing factory many many years ago , but that isn't what I get paid for , I might consider being a trolley ' dolly ' at some point if it suits , somebody has to keep earning to pay for students like you to drink beer and play games on the internet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I am the best ' ironer ' in my household , that comes from working in a clothing factory many many years ago , but that isn't what I get paid for , I might consider being a trolley ' dolly ' at some point if it suits , somebody has to keep earning to pay for students like you to drink beer and play games on the internet 

Ayyyyyy there it is! Bingo! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I was a director of a Championship and SL club for 4 years , so have some knowledge of Pro RL in the UK , I also set up and ran a business from scratch for 19 years turning over 20 odd million in that time 

As for criticising those that ' gave it a go ' , if you are referring to David Argyle , you are completely wrong , I haven't ever criticised anybody who has put their hard earned into a RL club , it is a thankless task , rarely does it end with anybody giving them praise 

As I said , plenty of experts , but not expert enough to make enough money to ' give it a go ' themselves 

Didn’t you nearly liquidate the club you claim to love? Not very “I’m better at being a Rugby League fan than you” that Gubsy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Didn’t you nearly liquidate the club you claim to love? Not very “I’m better at being a Rugby League fan than you” that Gubsy. 

I'm not Dereck Beaumont , I know Dereck , known him for nearly 30 years , I like him , he's good company , mad as a box of frogs , I told him not to get involved again , but nobody can criticise his commitment , it's always an exciting ride when He's around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I was a director of a Championship and SL club for 4 years , so have some knowledge of Pro RL in the UK , I also set up and ran a business from scratch for 19 years turning over 20 odd million in that time 

As for criticising those that ' gave it a go ' , if you are referring to David Argyle , you are completely wrong , I haven't ever criticised anybody who has put their hard earned into a RL club , it is a thankless task , rarely does it end with anybody giving them praise 

As I said , plenty of experts , but not expert enough to make enough money to ' give it a go ' themselves 

So because you have been a Director of a championship/SL club that means, in the words in your previous post, that you are cleverer than the rest of us and that you love the game more than any of us.  Wow talk about being condescending.

I assume there are some people on here, myself included, that run our own businesses, but what has that got to do with the price of bread?

In my post on the previous page I criticised some SL clubs, and that is why you chose to castigate me by inferring I was ‘criticising’ owners.  But you have criticised TWP many times but you defend yourself by stating above that you have not ‘criticised’ Argylle.  Double standards here old chap.

Now that you believe, and stated, that all Directors/Owners of clubs are much cleverer than us mere plebs no doubt you can explain why you and all other Directors/Owners have failed to grow the game.  Because, according to you, if you lot can’t figure it out then us dummies have no chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2020 at 10:28, Harry Stottle said:

Funding awarded in the Championship should be commensurate with the amount a club itself spends to both develop and advance the club, but it could be argued that is already done so by awarding prize money on a sliding scale, if the club didn't invest in it's playing roster it wouldn't finish in a position to reap the rewards. 

It's like buying a house, if you invest a small amount don't expect to live in as salubrious astheitically surroundings as those who spend so much more.

"To he who spends most shall be given". Sounds like a new strap line for RL.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2020 at 15:06, GUBRATS said:

How much ' less ' ? , What you're doing is unbalancing the competition 

As I posted earlier , Newton's 3 rd law 

Newton's 3rd Law of economics?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Or, if you don't speculate, don't expect to accumulate johnny.

The world is full of followers much moreso than doers.

No Harry. You were advocating that the greatest share should be given to those clubs that spend the most. Speculation I have no problems with but don't expect it to be subsidised by the rest.

Just for my understanding, is there anyone on this forum that you have yet to insult?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

No Harry. You were advocating that the greatest share should be given to those clubs that spend the most. Speculation I have no problems with but don't expect it to be subsidised by the rest.

Just for my understanding, is there anyone on this forum that you have yet to insult?

Really, have I just insulted you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know someone else somewhere has suggested it, PLEASE? A Home and Away league will result in a 46 game season, so if the Monkeys in RFL Towers (similar to Fawlty Towers), wish to combine Championship, & Championship 1, I would suggest an NFL style 4 division Championship, with some Cross Over games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

I know someone else somewhere has suggested it, PLEASE? A Home and Away league will result in a 46 game season, so if the Monkeys in RFL Towers (similar to Fawlty Towers), wish to combine Championship, & Championship 1, I would suggest an NFL style 4 division Championship, with some Cross Over games.

The proposals to the RFL from League 1 clubs is for 2 conferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

How about a cup Style draw for 4 pools of 6 teams, with cross pool games? Or is that too complicated for the Ďonkeys in Leeds?

The RFL haven't come up with this. And your revolutionary idea is to divide the League 1 club proposals by 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...