Jump to content

Elstone talks TV deal, Private Equity and next season (ish)


Recommended Posts

On 19/11/2020 at 17:49, Tommygilf said:

They shouldn't be really, but I'm coming to a point of very high certainty that Elstone wants them in and for different reasons the RFL do too. I think objectively Bradford the club isn't ready, but equally objectively, Bradford the city is somewhere that should be in Super League for it to be strong (in Elstone's view too).

Yeah i thought originally Bradford had no chance. But more and more I hear noises that seem to be quite favourable towards Bradford.

My opinion is they should be no where near SL at this moment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Can't speak for H.... I want a fair crack of the whip for my club. To have the opportunity to play at the top level. If my club no longer has that pathway, then the game for me is done. Remove that hope and faith and my engagement is no longer worth it (to me).

Not a case of bringing everyone down. Just a fair crack

Then build and have the proper infrastructure to compete.   You are nowhere near offering the option of a fair crack.     This was the problem with TWP,  just bring in a few has-been Australians with dodgy knees and fat Polynesians with fancy haircuts and just blow your budget with funny money.  Yes that's good for the game... not!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Its crazy that the 12th club isn't known at this stage. 

Clubs have already sorted squads for next year, this 12th club will be fishing for scraps and with half Central funding. 

RL is really fantastic at making itself look tin pot.

They have to delay the decision in case the successful club do a London and come close to relegating an existing Superleague club,see Superleague do learn from their mistakes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Then build and have the proper infrastructure to compete.   You are nowhere near offering the option of a fair crack.     This was the problem with TWP,  just bring in a few has-been Australians with dodgy knees and fat Polynesians with fancy haircuts and just blow your budget with funny money.  Yes that's good for the game... not!

The infrastructure is there. A better ground than existing clubs. Posted a surplus. The league has many players from fev and its neighbourhood. 

As I say, a sport where access to a pathway based on success is denied, then its not for me any longer.

There are few other morngy bug gers like me, but unlike Harry, I don't think too many. Not in the initial period at least.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Then build and have the proper infrastructure to compete.   You are nowhere near offering the option of a fair crack.     This was the problem with TWP,  just bring in a few has-been Australians with dodgy knees and fat Polynesians with fancy haircuts and just blow your budget with funny money.  Yes that's good for the game... not!

Would Superleague be poorer if Fev & Leigh replaced Wakefield & Hull KR,doubtful 

If  you stop P&R in favour of licensing all applicants need to be adjudged against open & fair criteria by a fully independent body.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They have to delay the decision in case the successful club do a London and come close to relegating an existing Superleague club,see Superleague do learn from their mistakes.

Hi Dav

Are you suggesting they will put the least prepared team of all the ill prepared teams to be promoted? Well that seals it Bradford it is then, no team (of note), no money and no home, they couldn't could they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Then build and have the proper infrastructure to compete.   You are nowhere near offering the option of a fair crack.     This was the problem with TWP,  just bring in a few has-been Australians with dodgy knees and fat Polynesians with fancy haircuts and just blow your budget with funny money.  Yes that's good for the game... not!

Explain your infrastructure comment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Dav

Are you suggesting they will put the least prepared team of all the ill prepared teams to be promoted? Well that seals it Bradford it is then, no team (of note), no money and no home, they couldn't could they?

No 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The infrastructure is there. A better ground than existing clubs. Posted a surplus. The league has many players from fev and its neighbourhood. 

As I say, a sport where access to a pathway based on success is denied, then its not for me any longer.

There are few other morngy bug gers like me, but unlike Harry, I don't think too many. Not in the initial period at least.

 

We will both agree and disagree Robin, but if it does come to pass and licencing returns I doubt either one of us will be bothered to observe who is correct, well that's as far as the pro game goes but I will stick with the Miners and East as long as they or me last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Who then Dav, please discount my team we are nowhere near ready,  my preferance is the Froggies they are building quite nicely best get them out if the way for next seasons promotion drive.

If you read my post I wasn’t suggesting any team,it was in reply to the lateness of the decision and detrimental effect it will have on the “successful” candidate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Would Superleague be poorer if Fev & Leigh replaced Wakefield & Hull KR,doubtful 

If  you stop P&R in favour of licensing all applicants need to be adjudged against open & fair criteria by a fully independent body.

The 4 teams you mention seem much of a muchness to me, but this obviously is an opinion.  The man who pays the piper pays the tune. 

I do not dictate who is in superleague, but I suspect the Wakefield Council are not going to subsidise 3 stadiums.    But clubs that fail... and it happens in all sports ... sadly do go. This can happen with and without P&R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If you read my post I wasn’t suggesting any team,it was in reply to the lateness of the decision and detrimental effect it will have on the “successful” candidate.

Yes I know it was, I was just asking for your opinion, up to you if you prefer not to have any preferences or wish share it.

Edited.

Edited by Harry Stottle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

What makes you think licencing would be done ' properly ' if introduced again ?

I haven't said that I think licensing will be properly...........this is RL after all!

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

They didn't last time , it isn't just academies , neither did infrastructure , ask Wakey,CAS and Salford , and Celtic Crusaders 

As I said, it wasn't done properly last time

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way do you want and expect the Championship clubs to invest in growing their businesses under licencing ?

In a similar way to the likes of Newcastle and Toulouse have......... putting foundations in place in terms of all the criteria previously highlighted

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We will both agree and disagree Robin, but if it does come to pass and licencing returns I doubt either one of us will be bothered to observe who is correct, well that's as far as the pro game goes but I will stick with the Miners and East as long as they or me last.

Aye. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I know it was, I was just asking for your opinion, up to you if you prefer not to have any preferences or wish share it.

Edited.

I’d tell Superleague to shove it where the sun doesn’t shine,unless the club is exempt from relegation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

I haven't said that I think licensing will be properly...........this is RL after all!

As I said, it wasn't done properly last time

In a similar way to the likes of Newcastle and Toulouse have......... putting foundations in place in terms of all the criteria previously highlighted

So why say it needs to be done properly if the sport us incapable of doing so 

Well , at least we agree on that 

So tell me what Toulouse have done ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The ability to maintain the production of players ? 

An academy ? 

Yes.  Thats what production of players means.  Thats what clubs should do.  

I'm not looking for trick questions or answers.  Or nomenclature.   Yes, I do see some clubs who are failing.  One of the sadnesses of Covid is it stopped the reserve competition.  Will we ever see one?

But super league clubs should develop players.  I suppose some would say that this should be done by the amateur game, or some other method. This is a possible pathway, but I'm sure the big clubs want to work more closely with their own academies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Yes.  Thats what production of players means.  Thats what clubs should do.  

I'm not looking for trick questions or answers.  Or nomenclature.   Yes, I do see some clubs who are failing.  One of the sadnesses of Covid is it stopped the reserve competition.  Will we ever see one?

But super league clubs should develop players.  I suppose some would say that this should be done by the amateur game, or some other method. This is a possible pathway, but I'm sure the big clubs want to work more closely with their own academies. 

Production of players starts with the community clubs , it is more engagement with them that is needed , not necessarily more academies , that is something all clubs should be doing more of 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...