Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

Only 20 and what a future he has in the game!

After two seasons playing with Melbourne Storm (2019/20) this great young player has transferred to Gold Coast Titans for 2021.

This young lad is 6ft 6in and 17st 9lb

Fa’asuamaleaui played off the bench in the Storm's 2020 NRL Grand Final win over the Penrith Panthers in a 26-20 win.

After the grand final season he was rewarded by making his Queensland Maroons debut in the 2020 State of Origin series Game 1 at the Adelaide Oval.

In other words if he doesn`t get picked for Australia you can expect to see him lining up in a Blue jumper with a White V at the end of the year at a certain St. James Park in Newcastle with tears streaming down his face as he listens to the Samoan national anthem and is ready to go absolutely berserk*, now as the Rolling Stones would have said it`s time to `get your ya ya`s out`.😉

* I forgot: how big is he ?

On 10/01/2021 at 22:38, The Rocket said:

In other words if he doesn`t get picked for Australia you can expect to see him lining up in a Blue jumper with a White V at the end of the year at a certain St. James Park in Newcastle with tears streaming down his face as he listens to the Samoan national anthem and is ready to go absolutely berserk*, now as the Rolling Stones would have said it`s time to `get your ya ya`s out`.😉

* I forgot: how big is he ?

He might go down the route several other players have and elect to play for Samoa and Queensland. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

• 3 weeks later...

Giant of a young lad. Been looking up his stats. Played 19 games last season, averaging 46 minutes and 57 points per game. Good base and solid points per minute. He's highly owned so is that based on him getting  more minutes per game? 

12 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Giant of a young lad. Been looking up his stats. Played 19 games last season, averaging 46 minutes and 57 points per game. Good base and solid points per minute. He's highly owned so is that based on him getting  more minutes per game? 

Definitely - first half of 2020 (at least) he was coming off the bench for the Storm and only doing 25 / 30 minutes a game. At the Titans, as one of their key leaders he will be doing 60 minutes and rivalling Payne Haas and Jason Taumalolo as the best Supercoach forward.

13 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Definitely - first half of 2020 (at least) he was coming off the bench for the Storm and only doing 25 / 30 minutes a game. At the Titans, as one of their key leaders he will be doing 60 minutes and rivalling Payne Haas and Jason Taumalolo as the best Supercoach forward.

If he gets around 60 mins per game then we could well see him hit some big scores. He managed a 90 and two ton-plus scores last season when playing 50/60 mins. Here's hoping! 

Delighted to see him at the Titans. It's going to be a huge year. And our club is really firing with a lot of the local development finally clicking and the GC finally becoming an attractive location for players. A competitive and healthy culture is forming.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

10 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

Delighted to see him at the Titans. It's going to be a huge year. And our club is really firing with a lot of the local development finally clicking and the GC finally becoming an attractive location for players. A competitive and healthy culture is forming.

Definitely one of the teams I'll be keeping an interested eye on in the 2021 season. It has taken them a while, but Holbrook looks like an inspired choice, and they are willing to commit to some big signings.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Definitely one of the teams I'll be keeping an interested eye on in the 2021 season. It has taken them a while, but Holbrook looks like an inspired choice, and they are willing to commit to some big signings.

They had an encouraging finish last year. If the big name signings stay fit GC could be the big story of the year. 

In my view the success of the Titans as an organisation is a more immediate priority than a second Brisbane club. Everything looks good. The junior scene is strong, they have genuine NRLW ambitions, the sun shines most of the time, the stadium is excellent and, judging from JT`S final game, generates great atmosphere when full.

Only conflict for me is that their first game is against the Warriors.

• 3 weeks later...

Same as me mate,I`m a Warriors fan since day one,but having lived in Tweed Heads for the last 13 years,the GC Titans,Tweed Seagulls and Burleigh Bears have always been destinations I go to every weekend of the footy season. The missus is die hard Titans,so when we fly down to Newcastle and on to Gosford in a couple of weeks,it`ll be tough for me!

Archived