London game.

frank

39 minutes ago, TheBossDog said:

I'm new to this forum, however from what I've seen it's mainly filled with nothing but negativity. 4 wins from 6 is brilliant and any fan at the start of the season would have snapped your hands off at that!

Whether the lads get paid or not, they put their bodies on the line each and every time, they don't go out to lose on purpose.

Yes some mistakes were made that cost us, however I know for certain Lingard will analyse it and sort it out. You can't expect us to go out scoring multiple points against every team it's completely unrealistic.

The lads put in some stellar effort in defence against a FULLTIME side and the hits they took, WOW. Sometimes a loss is needed to reset your squads mentality.

I feel that some people on here love to start nitpicking with negatives. 

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and have as much fun on here as we all do.

It is a forum, where everyone has views, often disagreed with As for the negativity, it has been nothing but positive for weeks now and it has been fun. The tone of the views usually depends on the results on the pitch!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it and have as much fun on here as we all do.

It is a forum, where everyone has views, often disagreed with As for the negativity, it has been nothing but positive for weeks now and it has been fun. The tone of the views usually depends on the results on the pitch!

Well said DD. No-one comes on to stifle the euphoria of previous week's. So equally no-one should come on to stifle people's disappointment when things go wrong. As long as people don't berate players personally then it's OK to criticise performances. You don't become poor in a week. Sport is theatre and is there to be enjoyed win or lose.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Walshaw? Go forward? Hasn't had any for weeks. A big unit like him should be running harder and causing more damage and I HAVE said it before.

Have you only just noticed?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, TheBossDog said:

I'm new to this forum, however from what I've seen it's mainly filled with nothing but negativity. 4 wins from 6 is brilliant and any fan at the start of the season would have snapped your hands off at that!

Whether the lads get paid or not, they put their bodies on the line each and every time, they don't go out to lose on purpose.

Yes some mistakes were made that cost us, however I know for certain Lingard will analyse it and sort it out. You can't expect us to go out scoring multiple points against every team it's completely unrealistic.

The lads put in some stellar effort in defence against a FULLTIME side and the hits they took, WOW. Sometimes a loss is needed to reset your squads mentality.

I feel that some people on here love to start nitpicking with negatives. 

Don't you players always get paid?

This seems a very strange statement to make.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Walshaw? Go forward? Hasn't had any for weeks. A big unit like him should be running harder and causing more damage and I HAVE said it before.

He was suspended for 2 of them!?!?

You also "said before", why did we keep Hooley? A guy that has looked as good a fb as anything we've seen in the league so far!

Go forward is not just about busting tackles, it is about sucking three or four defenders in to tackle him, leaving spaces out wide for the backs to exploit whilst they are getting back in position and sapping their energy. Which gives the team go forward. 🙄

The couple of times I had seen them, prior to a lot of their injured players returning and getting a couple of games under their belt. London looked a poor side. I'm sure if we had played them a couple of weeks ago we would have hammered them. But, we didn't sadly, and that will be the story of the season. A lot will depend when you play teams and and how many injuries they have at the time.

I think we played as well as they allowed us to. Credit to them for it, I thought they looked a really good side.

We really missed Gilmore, Logan and Gledhill and lost Buchanan to injury early doors too.

We were outplayed by a full time team, who have just started to find form, no disgrace in that, although the margin is disappointing, given our previous performances.

Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office and we'll bounce back.

Of course the players get paid. You've read that completely wrong. If I'd not put it, no doubt someone would have said 'Well they get paid to do a job'.

All these players people have mentioned, were being applauded for how good they've been recently and now they aren't up to standard? Talk about being a bit hypocritical.

At the end of the day there will always be a winning team and a losing one. Sadly we were on the latter.

Enjoy the positives and stop always going back to your 'joyful' ways of making negative comments. I've watched this forum for a while and that's all it seems to be. Yes, everyone has their own views and are entitled to it; however, some peoples rapid change of statements are ridiculous.

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Don't you players always get paid?

This seems a very strange statement to make.

16 minutes ago, TheBossDog said:

Of course the players get paid. You've read that completely wrong. If I'd not put it, no doubt someone would have said 'Well they get paid to do a job'.

All these players people have mentioned, were being applauded for how good they've been recently and now they aren't up to standard? Talk about being a bit hypocritical.

At the end of the day there will always be a winning team and a losing one. Sadly we were on the latter.

Enjoy the positives and stop always going back to your 'joyful' ways of making negative comments. I've watched this forum for a while and that's all it seems to be. Yes, everyone has their own views and are entitled to it; however, some peoples rapid change of statements are ridiculous.

Nonsense! The ups and downs are part of being a supporter of any team in any sport! Yes they were applauded because they played really well and we loved it. No one today has suggested they weren't trying. for me, and others on here it seems that they weren't up to the standards set by themselves in the previous weeks, a sentiment echoed by our club captain in a tweet after the game.

And of course, we have all praised London for their performance too. What do you think? Should we be unremittingly positive? If you think that, you will be disappointed with each and every club's forum on here - oh and don't go on the main forum, not much sunshine to be had there.

By the way, are you ordering us to be stop being realistic about performances like today's? You might be surprised to learn that it doesn't work like that on here!

I'm merely expressing my view (Just as you pointed out everyone has) and I'm not ordering anything. 'Don't go on the main forum', is that an order ?🤔

I've seen the tweet and yes it was a bad day at the office and mistakes were made. However, some seem to be acting like it's all over. We go again next week.

7 minutes ago, TheBossDog said:

I'm merely expressing my view (Just as you pointed out everyone has) and I'm not ordering anything. 'Don't go on the main forum', is that an order ?🤔

I've seen the tweet and yes it was a bad day at the office and mistakes were made. However, some seem to be acting like it's all over. We go again next week.

We?

Enjoy the positives and stop always going back to your 'joyful' ways of making negative comments. Stop!! - Sounds like an order to me!

Just to end this stimulating exchange, no one here will be put off from next week (or whenever the next match is) by a poor performance. Whatever the situation, I think you might find that those who contribute on here are the faithful supporters who are the lifeblood of a club like ours, and have been for so many years that most of us couldn't even count them anymore. 

Have a lovely evening!

'We' as in the club go again next week where hopefully the mistakes are put right.

Once again, no orders here.

I'm a loyal and Bulldog faithful; there's no doubt that you lot aren't either. Well, it's been a lovely exchange and hopefully more to follow 😂.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

That was a disaster. No one to lead them round the field, which resulted in one man rugby and the Bronco's made the most of it.

Goal line defence was weak especialy on the right flank, leading to some soft tries.

Lets hope that's a one off because they  have been playing some great footy.

No BSJ, it's not that I've only just noticed but he can be shown how to do better. Him and Wardy for example should be prime candidates for that short delayed pass. Both different physiques that shoukd take a lot of handling. And yes, I have previously questioned the acquisition of Hooley but you'll also remember if you care to that I said only a week ago that I was impressed with his off-game physical effort and his new presence on field. As for yesterday it was a disaster, it can't be described any other way. From selection, through to having no confidence to take them on by taking the penalty, through to poor tackling and positioning, nothing went right. But that doesn't mean that we're now going to be disastrous. Linners will accept responsibility, that he made his first mistake. Rams won't get the same generosity....

One thing clear to me from yesterday- the commentators never tire of saying Batley know how to play the slope but there is one glaring problem that Linners does need to address. London kicked two 40-20s yesterday as far as I can remember, one downhill AND one uphill. We never even tried one. Since Brambani left we seem to have no one who has been coached to try this tactic. With our slope it could be a matchwinner. It was yesterday! We need to get the whole squad practicing long kicks to see if we can discover any unknown kicking talents. It isn't always the halfbacks who are the best at this. Remember that Wayne Reittie was taking kick offs only a couple of seasons ago. I certainly didn't have him down as a kicker before that but he was good. OK, kicking out of hand and finding touch is a bit more difficult than a place kick but there may be some undiscovered expert in the squad.And if not we need to make sure our half backs and fullbacks get some encouragement to practice this skill and use it in games. We really ought to be taking advantage of our knowledge of the slope and 40-20s are a perfect example of where we should start.

We don't seem to have a drop-goal mentality either. You don't need to be drawing with 3 minutes left to be thinking about 1 point. In a game where at times you're struggling to break the line come away with something. When we were 6-18 down, playing well for that last 10 minutes of the 1st half there were chances to drop a goal, get the ball back and come again. A few of  Henry's steeplers as well maybe...variation!!

52 minutes ago, phildog said:

We don't seem to have a drop-goal mentality either. You don't need to be drawing with 3 minutes left to be thinking about 1 point. In a game where at times you're struggling to break the line come away with something. When we were 6-18 down, playing well for that last 10 minutes of the 1st half there were chances to drop a goal, get the ball back and come again. A few of  Henry's steeplers as well maybe...variation!!

So instead of been 18-6 down we’d of been 18-7 down... It’s 2021 not 1981 when teams would kick a drop goal in the first few minutes to go 1-0 up... I take it you just watch Batley play rugby... rarely do you see a DG kicked within a game unless scores are close enough etc 

anyway roll on Saturday amateur rl is back 

Archived