Squad Depth

Batley Bob

Am I getting older or are RL players getting younger!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Be interesting to see how Edwards goes at 17 in the champ, he's as good a talent thats come through our system in 20 year, described as generational by Agar, Fields a good player, been a 6 all through the community game and our youth teams but moving to backrow this season. 

Just now, rhinos78 said:

Be interesting to see how Edwards goes at 17 in the champ, he's as good a talent thats come through our system in 20 year, described as generational by Agar, played for Batley boys for years before moving to Siddal for his u15 season. Fields a good player, been a 6 all through the community game and our youth teams but moving to backrow this season. 

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Am I getting older or are RL players getting younger!

You are getting older Pal, just like Piggy (Who's birthday is today!!, seems like yesterday he was losing to Dewsbury!)

You'll be getting your pension next! 😉😂😂

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I'm positively ancient then, good idea to blood youngsters but look what happened when we had another youngster with us, broken jaw. 

18 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I'm positively ancient then, good idea to blood youngsters but look what happened when we had another youngster with us, broken jaw. 

Damn best warn linners to tell Toulouse it’s tiddlywinks not rugby this weekend 

looking forward to seeing Levi and oli ( if he’s anything like his old man) won’t be far off been a decent player 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Damn best warn linners to tell Toulouse it’s tiddlywinks not rugby this weekend 

looking forward to seeing Levi and oli ( if he’s anything like his old man) won’t be far off been a decent player 

Is he Jamie Field's lad?

Just wondering, what's Dom Horn done wrong? Sent him out on loan, had a week away, brought him back for Halifax as we were down on numbers, as we were v Bulls, not even a run-out, this week we bring in 2, admittedly promising, academy players....not even in the squad this week.

On 10/07/2021 at 19:09, phildog said:

Just wondering, what's Dom Horn done wrong? Sent him out on loan, had a week away, brought him back for Halifax as we were down on numbers, as we were v Bulls, not even a run-out, this week we bring in 2, admittedly promising, academy players....not even in the squad this week.

i know what you are saying, but you have been berating the club over the past few weeks for not bringing in any loan players and then when they do and someone is possibly left out for these loanees to play , they are doing wrong again, maybe Dom picked an injury up in training and was put in the squad for the 2 games to show opposition that we are not light on numbers ..... just a thought

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, phildog said:

News of him being a long term loanee balances the loss of Jack Logan.

What is going on with Logan? I thought Hull had just taken him on a one month loan while Tuimavave was injured  but that was over a month ago. See that he was in the squad for tonights game but not even on the bench and they have Scott (also a centre) available but not in the starting team..

Answer is; we don't know! I, like you thought he was going their on a short term visit whilst they were short on centres, even allowing for the fact that Kev did say we wouldn't stand in the way of a player going to play SL, but as the player isn't actually playing why is he still there. This also begs the question as to whether we're still paying him his contract instalments even though he's not contracting his services to us. Is there an agreement between the clubs about pay? Same thing now could be asked about Joe Sanderson. No longer apparently playing for NWC, not appearing at The Mount as far as I can see, where is he and is he being paid?

11 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

What is going on with Logan? I thought Hull had just taken him on a one month loan while Tuimavave was injured  but that was over a month ago. See that he was in the squad for tonights game but not even on the bench and they have Scott (also a centre) available but not in the starting team..

I heard he has picked up an injury.

Archived