faked HIAs

my missus

21 hours ago, JohnM said:

Hmmm. Not sure if anyone has said that. Can you point us to the miscreants?

21 hours ago, JohnM said:

Hmmm. Not sure if anyone has said that. Can you point us to the miscreants?

You tell me who you know that i know, then i’ll tell you who told me. 

21 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Actually, on the Blake Ferguson thread, my exact words were " I am not a big fan of his antics at the weekend pretending to be injured to gain a penalty.  But he is not alone in that unfortunately."

To be honest with you Dunbar i don’t know who Blake Ferguson is, but i’ll be bringing his name up to my NRLAppeasing friends & family. 

This has crept into ARL over here - recent game  opposition stopped the game ten times for ‘injuries’.

got one incident on video, player run past opposition - coach standing next to me motions player to go down. I watched it do many times as couldn’t believe what I saw. Not good for the game…

10 hours ago, Pie tries said:

This has crept into ARL over here - recent game  opposition stopped the game ten times for ‘injuries’.

got one incident on video, player run past opposition - coach standing next to me motions player to go down. I watched it do many times as couldn’t believe what I saw. Not good for the game…

ARL, are you referring to Amatuer Rugby League? If so no need to name the particular team (but that would be good if you don't mind) but what division was it and if not open age at what age level was it? 

When you say the coach motions to player to go down I take it that player was not involved in the play?

This is really serious sh-ite you are disclosing here Pieman, I watch a lot of amatuer Rugby League and have never been witness to anything like that, but it is one off those things - like the crusher tackle in the pro game - once some player does it, other players and coaches catch on and before you know it all teams are employing it.

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

ARL, are you referring to Amatuer Rugby League? If so no need to name the particular team (but that would be good if you don't mind) but what division was it and if not open age at what age level was it? 

When you say the coach motions to player to go down I take it that player was not involved in the play?

This is really serious sh-ite you are disclosing here Pieman, I watch a lot of amatuer Rugby League and have never been witness to anything like that, but it is one off those things - like the crusher tackle in the pro game - once some player does it, other players and coaches catch on and before you know it all teams are employing it.

It’s been going on in amateur rugby for years H,especially when goal line dropouts are forced

13 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

It’s been going on in amateur rugby for years H,especially when goal line dropouts are forced

Aye of course Dav, that is a rudimentary time waster yes it happens to re-set especially after a lot of goal line pressure.

But what Pieman is disclosing of a coach indicating to a player in the amatuer game to fake injury whilst the play is in motion is something I have never witnessed nor do I wish to.

I am sick to the back teeth of what is going on in the pro game it really is getting to alarming proportions of blatant cheating in all manner of ways and incidences something really needs to be done about it, or people are going to start being turned off.

On 28/09/2021 at 20:05, dkw said:

There was a game at the start of the season and a broncos player (I think) went down holding his arm. Trainer came on, inspected his head, told the ref and off he went for a HIA, all the while he was holding his arm 😅

Because of his head injury, he probably thought his arm was hurting when it was actually his leg.

I always remember a story about Wayne Bennett , when a player came off and the physio reported that ‘ he’s got a head knock he doesn’t know who he is ‘ to which Bennett replied ‘ tell him he’s Mal Meninga and to get back out there ‘

46 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Aye of course Dav, that is a rudimentary time waster yes it happens to re-set especially after a lot of goal line pressure.

But what Pieman is disclosing of a coach indicating to a player in the amatuer game to fake injury whilst the play is in motion is something I have never witnessed nor do I wish to.

I am sick to the back teeth of what is going on in the pro game it really is getting to alarming proportions of blatant cheating in all manner of ways and incidences something really needs to be done about it, or people are going to start being turned off.

It happens regularly in open play H & is a blight on the amateur game,personally if it doesn’t interfere with play then we should carry on with the game or if the game is stopped the “injured” player must leave the field & not return until the next break in play,

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

It happens regularly in open play H & is a blight on the amateur game,personally if it doesn’t interfere with play then we should carry on with the game or if the game is stopped the “injured” player must leave the field & not return until the next break in play,

Old O`Loughlin was the Wigan go to for this situation, seemed to get an extraordinary amount of small knocks just in front of the try line when under pressure.

On 30/09/2021 at 08:32, Harry Stottle said:

I’ve got it on video - game was recorded and incident happened right in front of the camera

Our FB dances down wing, steps cover who falls like a sack of spuds, coach standing next to me yells at ref - play moves to far side of pitch, Coach says (on camera) you might as well get up…I stand there laughing. Ten plus similar incidents through the game. 

U15s game - happens most we - bit like abuse of the refs, normal in pro gsme and seemingly accepted in Amateur game…

Archived