Kane Evans

27 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Signs for Hull….taking their “big aggressive prop” count to quite a few.  Meanwhile at Wire our “big aggressive prop” count remains at er…..zero.

Ace.

Looking at 2013 Carvell, Morley, Waterhouse, Harrison, Westwood, Hill and Cooper (if my memory serves ) is a pack that strikes fear - who does the recruiting?

31 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Signs for Hull….taking their “big aggressive prop” count to quite a few.  Meanwhile at Wire our “big aggressive prop” count remains at er…..zero.

Ace.

Really thought he could turn into a real top drawer forward when at the Roosters but he’s struggled to recapture that form at the Eels & was a bit of a nutcase at the Warriors last season,maybe a change will reignite his career,

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Trouble with Kane Evans though is to often in the past he hasn’t been a ‘ big aggressive prop ‘

He also get suspended quite a bit. But there is a talented player in there. Let's hope Hull can do a Sam Moa type rejuvenation on him.

Agree with Davo5 on this one, he looked a real cracking player at the Roosters for the first couple of years but for whatever reason his form dipped massively to the point where he seemed a real liability. His time at the Eels was a complete disaster and a move to the Warriors seemed to come at the right time for him to try and reignite his career, but that hasn't worked out for him either. This year I can recall seeing him have a few good games but also a fair few shockers, littered with missed tackles, high tackles and dropped balls.

Big gamble for Hull and time will tell whether he's been a good buy or a complete donkey.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Think this is a quality signing. Now it’s down to the club and the players already there to get the best out of him and not let him think he’s just here for a holiday. 

I'm not sure Hull is the right club for someone like Evans to join. Multiple NRL coaches have failed to consistently get the best out of him, even when he's been in a successful environment with world class players like he was at the Roosters.

Hull is seen as one of 'big clubs' in SL but they're massive underachievers, which puts huge pressure on the players to gain success every year. Add this to the fact that most recent Hull coaches haven't managed to really get the best out of the players they've had (including their current coach) and for a player like Evans if the team / club as a whole isn't achieving then he's more likely to go into his shell than step up and lift the team.

I think Hull would have been better off going for a more experienced leader in the front row rather than an inconsistent one like Evans. I know, along with Saints they tried to sign Taukeaiho from the Roosters but he didn't want to move for 2022 because of his new baby.

If Hull as a team find some form and consistency then Evans may well flourish, but if they don't then I do think Evans will flop.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

I'm not sure Hull is the right club for someone like Evans to join. Multiple NRL coaches have failed to consistently get the best out of him, even when he's been in a successful environment with world class players like he was at the Roosters.

Hull is seen as one of 'big clubs' in SL but they're massive underachievers, which puts huge pressure on the players to gain success every year. Add this to the fact that most recent Hull coaches haven't managed to really get the best out of the players they've had (including their current coach) and for a player like Evans if the team / club as a whole isn't achieving then he's more likely to go into his shell than step up and lift the team.

I think Hull would have been better off going for a more experienced leader in the front row rather than an inconsistent one like Evans. I know, along with Saints they tried to sign Taukeaiho from the Roosters but he didn't want to move for 2022 because of his new baby.

If Hull as a team find some form and consistency then Evans may well flourish, but if they don't then I do think Evans will flop.

He was very good at the Roosters in 2015/16,tailed off a little in 17 but signed for a then struggling Eels outfit.

With Evans/Reynolds & Connor in the team I can’t see Hull winning many penalty counts.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

He was very good at the Roosters in 2015/16,tailed off a little in 17 but signed for a then struggling Eels outfit.

With Evans/Reynolds & Connor in the team I can’t see Hull winning many penalty counts.

Everyone will be safe from his left jab.  He misses from two feet.

Archived