Emerald sponsorship

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Damien said:

That's going to be hugely damaging. All of the counties that have spent hugely on their grounds did so to get or keep test cricket. Without it they will be in the brown stuff.

The Guardian reckon the direct income to Yorkshire from internationals is worth over £10m per year. There are obviously associated sponsorship and hospitality deals as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The Guardian reckon the direct income to Yorkshire from internationals is worth over £10m per year. There are obviously associated sponsorship and hospitality deals as well.

Probably looking at 5 million for a test match at least, just in tickets.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Probably looking at 5 million for a test match at least, just in tickets.

I would still think that most of the 'damage' should avoid affecting Leeds Rhinos too much. There is a PR positive for them to be the good guys of Headingley after all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I would still think that most of the 'damage' should avoid affecting Leeds Rhinos too much. There is a PR positive for them to be the good guys of Headingley after all.

Yes, assuming that most of this is resolved and a new board comes in i think it will be fine

On 05/11/2021 at 08:53, gingerjon said:

Darren Gough on Talksport was saying that YCCC are not a wealthy club. So this hit on revenues along with sponsorship withdrawal will hurt. Can a County cricket club go into administration? Is there a holding company? 

• 1 month later...

A quick update on this, it's notable that the programme for the Boxing Day game and the club website currently make no reference at all to Emerald.

However at the stadium itself the RL side still has all the  Emerald branding along the front of what used to be the Emerald Stand whilst it has been removed from the cricket side.

The stadium website (joint with YCCC under the stadium revenue sharing agreement) used to be emeraldheadingleystadium.com and is now the neutral headingleystadium.events

I'm expecting there to be some sort of announcement before the start of the season about a new sponsorship role for Emerald with Leeds. I wonder if they can just call it Emerald Rugby Stadium or if there are legal complications to that under the pre-existing agreements with YCCC which mean the naming rights money is supposed to be shared. Depends how friendly our neighbours are being about renegotiating things I suppose.

• 1 month later...

Archived