Sat 12th Feb: SL: Toulouse Olympique v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (SKY)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/22 at 20:30

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So I have seen it mentioned many times by many different posters the anger and frustration that TO have these financial impediments enforced by SL, but no one has qualified why it is being done that way, was it a condition of their entry to SL, have at some point in time they have agreed to it, I honestly can't imagine they have just had it imposed on them for the start of this season, but saying that I wouldn't put anything past those who run SL the very same people who were quietly sat in the background pulling Mr Elstone's strings and letting him take all the flack, just think about it if Elstone was still in office, he would be being crucified for it on these pages.

Whichever it is,the simple fact that Superleague are imposing such impediments on promoted clubs who already face a huge hurdle to stay in the league is embarrassing & pathetic.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Whichever it is,the simple fact that Superleague are imposing such impediments on promoted clubs who already face a huge hurdle to stay in the league is embarrassing & pathetic.

Agreed, but can you not see the similarities that is happening both now and during Elstone's period in office, where are the 'Fun Boy Three' of the 3 big west of the Pennine club's who unveiled Elstone to the Rugby League World, they are conspicuous by their absence in explaining why TO have to pay other SL club's travel expenses, let's say they are keeping their heads down with no one else to heap the blame on.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Agreed, but can you not see the similarities that is happening both now and during Elstone's period in office, where are the 'Fun Boy Three' of the 3 big west of the Pennine club's who unveiled Elstone to the Rugby League World, they are conspicuous by their absence in explaining why TO have to pay other SL club's travel expenses, let's say they are keeping their heads down with no one else to heap the blame on.

Elstone was only ever an expensive puppet of ALL the Superleague clubs so the self interest is bound to continue now he’s gone.

• Thanks 1

The gap up to Superleague is a wide one, too big for most (all) clubs to take in one stride (without an external benefactors). Having said that, there is only enough resource for 8 or 10 top league teams.

All Championship clubs can be a match for a Superleague one, say 5 or 6 games a league .. so, why not arrange the league like that

Then when a team like TO, Leigh or Fetherstone, host one like Huddersfield or Hull … it,s going to be one heck of n event

• Confused 1

Having said that, there is only enough resource for 8 or 10 top league teams

This is, frankly, absolutely rubbish.

There is plenty of resource but it's overly concentrated and for "bottom" teams to collect the grains that remain needs more time than they are currently given 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Could I just throw in the two games against a very weakened Saints team, London could only play what was in front on them, but had Saints not had been so benevolent in those games then London would not have made the end of season 4 club dogfight, I think we would have heard a lot more about it if one of the other 3 club's had suffered relegation, as it happened nothing needed to said.

London, despite the Saints games, were exceptionally unlucky to be relegated that season. 

In essence, it took the very last game doe them to go down, bdeed Hull KR just missed a bullet that day.

For a different scenario could have happened.

Back at the Magic Weekend, it was only the stumbling butter finger of Olpherts that handed KR a win at Anfield and come the last game SRD and the Robins were only separated by an extra time Golden Point drop kick.

We would have had the slightly uncomfortable pleasure of twice ditching KR into tier two that Friday. Leeds or Wigan an eternal joy, but not yer fellow minnows.

As for the shapeshifting restrictions on Tox13, then rigged isn't it all. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Possibly or more likely a figment of his imagination like the rest of his post.

Lot of time on my hands today.

Funnily enough found the old thread you said didn’t exist with all the comments you also said didn’t exist.

I can share some if you like?

A510D874-4531-4548-AAA4-4FC7F022DD58.jpeg

Edited by binosh
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, binosh said:

Lot of time on my hands today.

Funnily enough found the old thread you said didn’t exist with all the comments you also said didn’t exist.

I can share some if you like?

A510D874-4531-4548-AAA4-4FC7F022DD58.jpeg

That doesn't say "saviours of super league" does it?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Hetherington might not have wanted him but I’m sure he made sure he did what he was told.

Leeds were as close to being in open rebellion towards Elstone the entire time - to the extent Elstone publicly stated that he wanted to get Leeds on board during a Sky Game at Salford.