Young SL players - A breakout season

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2022 at 10:29, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I have said it before, but Leeds produce more players than any other club. This also raises questions about how long Saints dominance can continue with so few quality young players coming through compared to Leeds.

Leeds - 8

Wigan - 6

Saints - 2

Warrington - 5

Huddersfield - 4

Leeds Fan creates fantasy team and fills it with Leeds players. SKS then uses fantasy team created by a Leeds fan to try and justify his endless claims that Leeds produce more players 🤣 🤣 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 22/02/2022 at 09:12, Saint Toppy said:

Leeds Fan creates fantasy team and fills it with Leeds players. SKS then uses fantasy team created by a Leeds fan to try and justify his endless claims that Leeds produce more players 🤣 🤣 🤣

Whilst your right that im a Leeds fan, that its just my opinion and that it certainly means nothing in regards to how each club will fare over the coming years as SKS suggests, i certainly havnt picked Leeds players because they play for Leeds, all the players iv mentioned are in there on merit in comprison to there peers in that age group imo. The only one who i could see why people would think he's there because he's Leeds is Corey Johnson, but he is an exceptional talent at 9, all the other Leeds players have played well in SL and most are in international reckoning, be that Knights or full England, they're getting there recognition off more important judges than me. Saints have no doubt got plenty of excellent young players in there system, but if i havt seen them or know of them, i cant include them. 

I know you were replying to SKS comparing clubs, but hopefully this thread dosnt decend into a my club vs your club debate, we should all be excited about the talent coming through at all the British clubs.

On 20/02/2022 at 09:32, rhinos78 said:

In old All Blacks style probables vs possibles, age 23 and under...

Probables :

1. Welsby - St Helens

2. Young - Newcastle

3. Newman - Leeds

4. Wardle - Huddersfield

5. Farnworth - Brisbane

6. Pryce - Huddersfield

7. Dodd - St Helens

8. Oledzki - Leeds

9. Walker - Warrington

10. Havard - Wigan

11. Pierce Paul - Wigan

12. Gannon - Leeds

13. Smith - Leeds

14. Litten - HKR (Hooker)

15. Holroyd - Leeds (Prop)

16. Byrne -  Wigan (prop)

17. Rushton - Canberra (Forward)

Versus possibles :

1. Walker - Leeds

2. Senior - Huddersfield

3. Broadbent - Leeds

4. Wrench - Warrington

5. Ashton - Warrington

6. Trueman - Castleford

7. Lewis - HKR

8. Dupree - Widnes

9. Johnson - Leeds

10. Partington - Wigan

11. Storton - HKR

12. Longstaff - Warrington 

13. Smithies - Wigan

14. Thewlis - Warrington (Outside Back)

15. Trout - Huddersfield (Prop)

16. Scurr - Bradford (Prop)

17. Nicholson - Wigan (Backrow)

I may be biased but surely Matty English and Olly Wilson would be in there as props somewhere?

On 22/02/2022 at 13:45, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Which young Saints players should have been included that were missed off?

Did you miss my list earlier?

Simm, Wingfield, Foster are next in the pipeline. Simm and Wingfield in particular stand a very good chance at making it. Simm should keep his place over Hopoate this week in my opinion, and Wingfield has been keeping Bell out of our 21 man squads, and one of Woolfs favourites. Wingfields biggest problem is Knowles, both being 13s, though that’s a problem over the next few years.

Bennison, Sambou, Martyn, Pemberton, Baxter, Sumner are all next in line. The only difference between Saints and Leeds development is Saints haven’t had to throw them in to the first team because they’re needed, and can develop them at their own pace.

On 19/02/2022 at 11:13, Scubby said:

Jack Walker is heading the same way as Jordan Lilley I think. You know when players are going to make it. Tom Johnstone has injuries but when he returns he lights the game up. Walker doesn't seem quick, doesn't dominate in the backline like a full back should and is not exactly a defensive rock at the back. 

Still young Jack Walker though so time on his side.

I hope Saints win tomorrow but id love to see Johnstone get the ball find a gap and sprint away. He really is exciting to watch. 

Archived