Big Mac's After Match Comments on RoversTV

roversspud

26 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

No but Chizzy plays ahead of Jacks for me.

Jacks is class and getting better mate. For me he gets the gig.... but I can see why you think that.

Wildie n Jones at 9

Smith n jacks in halves.

Shoe Horning chizzy into the squad, and I can see why you would, is difficult given the quality in the squad now

5 hours ago, lingaro said:

It's the 2 or 3 games at the end of the season,  that's all that counts you need to get your head around that.  The league itself is just a minor distraction to practice for the end game.  I would imagine that there will be a few favourites in the pack that will not be playing by the end too, I would get used to it. 

I get that point but put it this way then - Toronto's warm up for the main event in 2019 and Toulouse's in 2021 went much better than ours has so far this year. 

Is there not something to be said for sending a message out that we look unbeatable (as I've said before - Mac said on Rovers TV that he doesnt want us to go unbeaten and I'm still trying to get my head around that)

Anyway I may have missed something about the play-off format but isn't there a big advantage in finishing top ??

45 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I get that point but put it this way then - Toronto's warm up for the main event in 2019 and Toulouse's in 2021 went much better than ours has so far this year. 

Is there not something to be said for sending a message out that we look unbeatable (as I've said before - Mac said on Rovers TV that he doesnt want us to go unbeaten and I'm still trying to get my head around that)

Anyway I may have missed something about the play-off format but isn't there a big advantage in finishing top ??

Yes got to keep winning regardless of how we play ( not pretty at times) but the whole season means something not just the play offs. I feel we will improve and as for losing games ' doing us good ' no thanks i pay to watch em win not lose. Can't understand why MC said that about losing.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Yes got to keep winning regardless of how we play ( not pretty at times) but the whole season means something not just the play offs. I feel we will improve and as for losing games ' doing us good ' no thanks i pay to watch em win not lose. Can't understand why MC said that about losing.

Saints coach said the same thing when Toulouse turned them over.Instead of saying they took their opponents for granted and went into the game with the wrong attitude.Chizzy would rather play so if we let him go do we keep Holmes in case Jacks or Smith get injured?.

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Saints coach said the same thing when Toulouse turned them over.Instead of saying they took their opponents for granted and went into the game with the wrong attitude.Chizzy would rather play so if we let him go do we keep Holmes in case Jacks or Smith get injured?.

Some fans weren't happy when we signed Kharella because we had Pickersgill ,look how that turned out. It's a squad and we need a large one with the regular injuries we keep getting,keep Chizzy.

13 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Some fans weren't happy when we signed Kharella because we had Pickersgill ,look how that turned out. It's a squad and we need a large one with the regular injuries we keep getting,keep Chizzy.

I hope we do he is one of my favourite players because he can pull off the special plays.

12 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

I’m not a fan of this by McDermott. Whoever are the player(s) in question will be isolated by it, we’re already thinking Chisholm is the one and I understand why. I just don’t like power plays like this, surely leaving them out is enough? Why you have to address it this manner is odd, it seems like it’s ego vs ego and there is tension so I’ll tell you what, I’ve the camera on me and I’ll know you’ll watch this so I’ll give you this message in a back handed way. It’s so passive aggressive. If he doesn’t like players not doing certain things then no bother, he’s the coach, he picks the team, but doing it like this shows there is a struggle there and lacks control. If he had pure control of that dressing room there would be no reason whatsoever to say what he did. Odd, but having McDermott in was always gunna be entertaining haha

I think you have decided on your own narrative. 

On 04/04/2022 at 20:38, mightyship said:

Me putting 2 and 2 together here but Bradford announcing the return of an as yet unnamed fan favourite soon apparently- could that be Chizzy? Granted it was on the game caller’s social media so not always reliable but I’d be gutted if Chizzy was on his way out. I just love his off the cuff maverick way of playing. But that said - Brian Mac knows much more about coaching than I do and if gets us up this year I won’t care what style we’ve played 😁

Our neighbours did very well two or three seasons ago due to the fact that Powell allowed them to play their own game "off the cuff". Cant beat it at times.

1 hour ago, Bobby123 said:

Our neighbours did very well two or three seasons ago due to the fact that Powell allowed them to play their own game "off the cuff". Cant beat it at times.

They didn't get across the line though did they? I'd sooner watch a dour structured pattern of play and get promoted to SL than play wonderfully free lance rugby and get turned over in the final. 

Those are just my thoughts Bobby.

8 minutes ago, lingaro said:

that’s what I'm thinking Robin, we’ve failed 3 times now.

Mac has a history of getting a job done. Proven at this level and at SL. He won't give a toss what I or anyone else thinks of his team selection. He's got a job to do. I'm happy to engage in hypotheticals on here, it's fun and gets us all talking. But it's Mac's gig. I'll judge him after the season ends. 

We're top. So far so good.

On 04/04/2022 at 20:38, mightyship said:

Me putting 2 and 2 together here but Bradford announcing the return of an as yet unnamed fan favourite soon apparently- could that be Chizzy? 

Fan Favourite arrived 

Archived