Big Mac's After Match Comments on RoversTV

roversspud

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

What did he say Mark ?

Basically he said what bbm wrote, that a player will only get a shirt if he sticks to the game plan and does not play off the cuff or off plan. Mac says the plan works therefore why change it?

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Me putting 2 and 2 together here but Bradford announcing the return of an as yet unnamed fan favourite soon apparently- could that be Chizzy? Granted it was on the game caller’s social media so not always reliable but I’d be gutted if Chizzy was on his way out. I just love his off the cuff maverick way of playing. But that said - Brian Mac knows much more about coaching than I do and if gets us up this year I won’t care what style we’ve played 😁

19 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Me putting 2 and 2 together here but Bradford announcing the return of an as yet unnamed fan favourite soon apparently- could that be Chizzy? Granted it was on the game caller’s social media so not always reliable but I’d be gutted if Chizzy was on his way out. I just love his off the cuff maverick way of playing. But that said - Brian Mac knows much more about coaching than I do and if gets us up this year I won’t care what style we’ve played 😁

Well fans favourite rules Chizzy out🤣

Earlier in the season Ferres named as possible recruit  now the rumour mill is all about  Hallas  along with Foster wanting   out of thunder

I get the need for a structure and for players to stick to that. I also think that Chizzy is the best in the championship at off the cuff rugby and playing what's in front of him. A difficult one as McDermott has all the SL coaching experience where this type of "maverick" rugby wouldn't win games, however, in the championship individual skill has a much bigger factor.

11 hours ago, mightyship said:

Iestyn Harris? 

14 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Effectively he stated that he will play a structured game, and that anyone who deviates from that won't be picked... or words to that effect.

Structured game plan makes me laugh yes you need one when it comes to defence but in attack you need players to play what they see you need individuals with je ne sais quoi who in the blink of the eye can do something to win games

Put it this way on Sunday was the offloads of Junior and Joey for Luke's hat trick part of a structured game plan 🤣

1 minute ago, POR said:

Structured game plan makes me laugh yes you need one when it comes to defence but in attack you need players to play what they see you need individuals with je ne sais quoi who in the blink of the eye can do something to win games

Put it this way on Sunday was the offloads of Junior and Joey for Luke's hat trick part of a structured game plan 🤣

Structured game plan didn't work very well in the first 20 min of the second half on Sunday.More than one supporter have told me they have not been excited by our play this season.And before Briscoes hat trick our wingers have been starved of good ball.Remember when we had Ridyard and Holmes at half back didn't Briscoe score in 17 or 18 successive games.Signing Kheirallah tells me Mac didn't want Chizzy in the team as he could have slotted in there while Pickersgill is injured.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but perhaps Mac HAS told certain players what is required and they're still not complying. If they won't comply, he'll get someone in who will. Just one small observation re structure......it appears that Hall isn't jumping out of the line as much looking for the intercept, perhaps he's under orders not to and to keep in the defensive line. I could be wrong but that 's how it appears.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

1 hour ago, roversspud said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, but perhaps Mac HAS told certain players what is required and they're still not complying. If they won't comply, he'll get someone in who will. Just one small observation re structure......it appears that Hall isn't jumping out of the line as much looking for the intercept, perhaps he's under orders not to and to keep in the defensive line. I could be wrong but that 's how it appears.

Back end of last season he did it quite a bit which left Welham caught between centre and winger,save it for if we need it in a close game.

24 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Back end of last season he did it quite a bit which left Welham caught between centre and winger,save it for if we need it in a close game.

I agree, that was the point I was making, but perhaps Mac's had a word in his ear.

Jacks was always going to play being a Bri Mac signing

Look at his try at the weekend - straight out of the rob burrow playbook - the only diff was Burrow wouldve probably ducked under a challenge following the little step

18 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Thought Chizzy and Kear don’t get on.

He probably realises he could do with a player of Chizzys class and puts their differences aside for the sake of the club.

9 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Structured game plan didn't work very well in the first 20 min of the second half on Sunday.More than one supporter have told me they have not been excited by our play this season.And before Briscoes hat trick our wingers have been starved of good ball.Remember when we had Ridyard and Holmes at half back didn't Briscoe score in 17 or 18 successive games.Signing Kheirallah tells me Mac didn't want Chizzy in the team as he could have slotted in there while Pickersgill is injured.

I'm afraid supporters are more anxious than the coach at the moment, regarding getting into S/L. As far as the style of  play is concerned, I can understand peoples reservations about our so=called less flowing rugby, but when you watch the game again. you've got Ryley Jacks who's scored 4 tries from looking up and taking defences on and leaving them flat footed, then we come to some of the passes the other players smuggle out. Anybody watching a team in S/L would be shouting from the rooftops about the skill on show. We all need to relax. Remember the past 2 coaches served the club well but failed at the last hurdle. The man in charge now knows what's needed to win a Grand Final. Finally all opinions are valid there's no right or wrong.

9 minutes ago, wasginger said:

I'm afraid supporters are more anxious than the coach at the moment, regarding getting into S/L. As far as the style of  play is concerned, I can understand peoples reservations about our so=called less flowing rugby, but when you watch the game again. you've got Ryley Jacks who's scored 4 tries from looking up and taking defences on and leaving them flat footed, then we come to some of the passes the other players smuggle out. Anybody watching a team in S/L would be shouting from the rooftops about the skill on show. We all need to relax. Remember the past 2 coaches served the club well but failed at the last hurdle. The man in charge now knows what's needed to win a Grand Final. Finally all opinions are valid there's no right or wrong.

Yes.

At the risk of being shot down in flames...

Probably should have lost 2 already this year. 

Defence at times on Sunday was shocking and at the start of the second half for a while it was game on - yet again in a game we should have walked.

If Mac has a system and we look unbeatable (given our squad we should be) then I can back his decisions to drop our favourite players but in the meantime....

FFS BRING BACK CHIZZY !!!! 

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

At the risk of being shot down in flames...

Probably should have lost 2 already this year. 

Defence at times on Sunday was shocking and at the start of the second half for a while it was game on - yet again in a game we should have walked.

If Mac has a system and we look unbeatable (given our squad we should be) then I can back his decisions to drop our favourite players but in the meantime....

FFS BRING BACK CHIZZY !!!! 

It's the 2 or 3 games at the end of the season,  that's all that counts you need to get your head around that.  The league itself is just a minor distraction to practice for the end game.  I would imagine that there will be a few favourites in the pack that will not be playing by the end too, I would get used to it. 

Archived