Kallum Watkins helped by mind games

Kallum Watkins is an absolutely terrific centre who has proved over the years that when he is fit and healthy he is a top quality talent.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

36 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

"Gold Coast Titans ace" 🤣

I have never really understood why people like to laugh at a player not working out at a club... particularly one like Watkins who has been a great asset to pur sport over the years.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have never really understood why people like to laugh at a player not working out at a club... particularly one like Watkins who has been a great asset to pur sport over the years.

Absolutely 

He’s achieved a huge amount in the game and deserves nothing but respect. Top bloke too

31 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm not laughing at him, just the use of that when it isn't needed.

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm not laughing at him, just the use of that when it isn't needed.

Yes, fair enough. 

I thought he looked big and fit on Sunday.

Not sure about him as a second-row, but a fit and firing Watkins comes right into considerations for the right centre slot for the World Cup. Obviously he has to put a run of games together, but I thought there were good signs on the weekend.

Wishing him continued good form!

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I thought he looked big and fit on Sunday.

Not sure about him as a second-row, but a fit and firing Watkins comes right into considerations for the right centre slot for the World Cup. Obviously he has to put a run of games together, but I thought there were good signs on the weekend.

Wishing him continued good form!

The trouble is he hasn’t been fit & firing since 2017.

I thought he got himself really fit and firing to start the nrl 2020 season. I saw him in a trial game and he looked a class above anything else. Unfortunately he cut his stint short because of covid in his family, then the wolfpack happened, and he slipped a bit. He's made some bad decisions about clubs to sign with, battled injury and had his mental health demons, but he's top quality at his best and looks fit and strong again now so signs are good. I'm backing him to be England's right centre by the end of the year.

Archived